Return to “Suggestions”

Stars and Such

Maybe this has been answered elsewhere, but I have a question about celestial bodies in the game.

I know there are stars and asteroids and planets, etc., but will there be different TYPES of stars? Like red dwarfs, G-type, O-type, pulsars, etc? I think I read that there would be no black holes, but still, to me the 'exploration/survey' type missions will be best if we can categorize the stars in some way.

Maybe build the type of star into the procedural generator?

Just a thought.
Re: Stars and Such

just wondering will higher level armors and shielding allow us to build things like the star diver ships and explore/hide/mine inside these vast burning giants?
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

darn oh well wouldent be much to look at XD perhaps in another version it might be something to look into. though getting into the star is easy its getting out thats the trick XD
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

Dadalos wrote:just wondering will higher level armors and shielding allow us to build things like the star diver ships and explore/hide/mine inside these vast burning giants?
Why would anyone want to willingly go into a star? XD

I know we aren't going for ultra-realism here... but I don't think anything can possibly survive going into a star. On the other hand, if anyone played Freelancer... that universe had ships fly through stars all willy nilly. So I'm up for star exploration... I don't know what I would find... but anything to add to exploration is A OK in my book.

TMRNetShark wrote:Why would anyone want to willingly go into a star? XD

I know we aren't going for ultra-realism here... but I don't think anything can possibly survive going into a star. On the other hand, if anyone played Freelancer... that universe had ships fly through stars all willy nilly. So I'm up for star exploration... I don't know what I would find... but anything to add to exploration is A OK in my book.
for one it would require a vast investment into shielding and propulsion teck to do as i said you would need something akin to the Stardiver ships to be able to do it safely (reasonably safe any way...)
and it would be relatively safe place to hide from other ships. as you said who would willingly fly into a star? XD

as for why it would be a natural mining source as the amounts of material here are extremely densely packed. and the amount of energy that could be collected are for lack of a better word limitless.

Online Now