Return to “Suggestions”

Texture Packs for LT

Hi All!

First Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Germany ;-)
Just saw LT an Kickstarter - Amazing!
So here's my idea for making LT more costumizable:
Probably everyone knows Minecraft - I don't want to compare it to LT here - and the possibility to use Texture Packs there. I think this would be a great idea for LT - with your own Starship Styles and bullets in other colors. I think it would be hilarious, but what do you think - probably as a stretch goal?

Take your opinion!
Last edited by Patricifiko99 on Mon May 30, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Texture Packs for LT

It would be pretty neat if possible, but since the textures are supposed to be made procedurally I'm not sure if you could change the algorithms by yourself. Perhaps an option for user made textures to be applied instead procedural ones, but then you'd need to apply adequate UV mapping on the procedural models too..

Patricifiko99 wrote:Oh my god, procedual textures... Never thought of sth like this. Hilarious! What would be about a procedual starship shape (3d model) generator?
Errm, yes. That's what Limit Theory is all about. Everything will be procedurally generated.

Have you watched the Kickstarter video yet? If not, I'd highly recommend to do it. In this video, Josh specifically explains that the ships' shapes will be procedurally generated.

Sorry, first saw it first without sound, and the second time 5 mins after i posted that answer.
Now i know everything! No, not really, but I like the game. Its a pity kickstarter hasnt got other payment methods so im forced to pay for the normal game - im so interested in Black Friday Beta pack!
So this thread is closed - from my side. (But probably it would be possible to get texture packs which change the algorithm so there are textures in another style.)

Online Now