Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

Others might use this moment of chaos to turn the tables...Frank though...

No time for thinking
No time for fighting

He just throws a short, panicked glance at saoirse hunkered down beside him...

Run to the southern exit
OMG, just sprint as fast as you can back to where we left our equipment!
If 8 takes aim at Frank
-Frank hurls a tranquilizer at him in panic, probably stumbling a bit due to the movement, and very much not screaming
-Continue fleeing back the way we entered
If Brom or Buck enters/announces himself
-run faster, with even less paniced screaming than before
When Equipment is reached
-grab sword and slash at one hostile in range
-then hurriedly get into cover
Last edited by F4wk35 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.

*Turn to Buck.*
"Yuuji has caused quite the stir, poor rookie.
This would all have been avoided had spent more time under my expert tutelage!
For then he surely would have handled this situation with more subtlety and grace.
We shall concern ourselves not his behavior, for there are more important measures at hand!

Bill, I want you to see if you can find a ventilation system, or some fans you can hack.
Make certain that nothing will be vented outside the facility, but rather ensure that the air will circulated throughout this room.
Should you have the option, send it through the rest of the facility as well, but don't let it leak out! I have a plan!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

As I listen to the carnage, start eagerly preparing to use my gravgun, while listening to Brom with disinterest:
Hema wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:46 pm
*Turn to Buck.*
"Yuuji has caused quite the stir, poor rookie.
This would all have been avoided had spent more time under my expert tutelage!
For then he surely would have handled this situation with more subtlety and grace.
"Uh-huh..."
Hema wrote:
We shall concern ourselves not his behavior, for there are more important measures at hand!
"A-yup!"

Gravgun prepared, start heading to take a shot, but be interrupted:
Hema wrote:
Bill, I want you to see if you can find a ventilation system, or some fans you can hack.
Make certain that nothing will be vented outside the facility, but rather ensure that the air will circulated throughout this room.
Should you have the option, send it through the rest of the facility as well, but don't let it leak out! I have a plan!"
"Wha- the hell's you talkin' 'bout? What vent-ee-lation? Now's ain't the time to think 'bout coolin' the room up, we've got them's aliens to blow up!"

Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:00 pm
"Wha- the hell's you talkin' 'bout? What vent-ee-lation? Now's ain't the time to think 'bout coolin' the room up, we've got them's aliens to blow up!"
*To Buck. Quietly, so no one else can hear.*
"This building is filled with black flake, Bill!
It's a powerful alien narcotic. Saw a bit of it back in Ermhelm.
The stuff spreads freely once airborne, and we're going to dose everyone with it!
Once they're all high we'll talk our way out of this, and leave.
We're going to get everyone out safely. You can count on it!"

Hema wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:08 pm
*To Buck. Quietly, so no one else can hear.*
"This building is filled with black flake, Bill!
It's a powerful alien narcotic. Saw a bit of it back in Ermhelm.
The stuff spreads freely once airborne, and we're going to dose everyone with it!
Frustratedly whisper, cutting him off: "I know what flake is, damn it!"
Peer over to see the situation, presumably noticing the crates
Remember that the guard upstairs mentioned the black flake, too

Hema wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:08 pm
Once they're all high we'll talk our way out of this, and leave.
We're going to get everyone out safely. You can count on it!"
"I dun' get it, though, why not just kill 'em all? Look!"

Aim the gravgun beyond the wall (not exposing myself to enemy fire, just minimally lean behind the wall enough to get a vantage)
Realize that it's going to be impossible to hit the aliens without hitting Beta
Hesitate for a few seconds, then turn around back to Brom, cursing:

"God damn it!"

Quickly take out my PDA and start looking for any hackable ventilation systems, muttering:

"This has gotta be the stupidest plan ever. What are we even goin' to tell 'em once the stuff sets in? It's strong, but it ain't gonna knock them out or nothin'!"

I peer out from my cover at the utter carnage that the room has become. I decide not to look too closely at the enormous puddle of gore on the other side of the room and concentrate on our opponents...wait a minute. Is that Brom?

I'm torn between dismay and joy at seeing Brom, since for one thing he's Brom, but he's also in an excellent position to blast the hell out of the guys near Adopan and Beta. Maybe we might make it out of here alive, and even with Adopan- but first we have to take care of Keshor and his goons so we can get her moving.

Seeing VR Boy attempting to kill Kinorvan- which would certainly end badly for us- I take aim at him and fire with my pistol until he's either dead or I've fired four times.

If Sukava makes it to me:
Triggerhappy wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:46 pm
Grin at Caleb.

"Hello!"
I start but give her a halfhearted grin back- I tend to find intense combat doesn't give me much to smile about, especially when I'm armed with just a fukcing pistol! Still, it's good to have another ally in the fight...even if she looks like hell. What happened to her?
"Marina? Where the hell did you come from...and where are your pants?"

If Kinorvan and his goons start trying to kill us, I open fire on Guy 8, as long as I haven't fired four times already.

*Quietly radio Yuuji*
"I'm not sure what happened between you and Feb's men, but I've got a plan.
Be prepared to put on a show, and play dead.
If we can negotiate our way out of this, I'm going to have you fake your death."

Ensure that my helmet is properly fastened, and ready my assault rifle.
Quickly peak out of cover, and spray a volley at Kinorvan.
If I'm able to eliminate him before I empty my magazine, direct the remaining shots at crates 1 and 2.
After firing roll back into cover, reload.
If Kinorvan is still alive, peek around the corner and fire another volley at him.

((The following is to be used if I was able to kill Kinorvan.))
Spoiler:      SHOW
If at this point I have killed Kinorvan, call out to the rest of the combatants as I reload.

“Hear me! I am Connley Mckale! Professional Marksman, and Veteran Mercenary!
Kinorvan has died by my hand! This battle is over! If you who followed him value your lives, you will either surrender your weapons, or vacate the premises!
My team has heavy weapons in tow, and we will use them if necessary!"

If I've finished reloading, take out my electrorifle, take note of the controls, and set it so the the shots will appear powerful, but will not incapacitate a human.
As I work with the settings, call out again.

"Mr. Keshor! From your order to attack me and my men, I must assume that my rookie has done something stupid.
As his superior, it is my responsibility to keep him in check. For this reason, I request that I be allowed to deal with him personally!
I will see to it that his punishment is appropriate for his actions. After that, we'll be on our way. We can take care of ourselves, and don't wish to cause you anymore trouble."

If I'm allowed to deal with Yuuji, quietly radio him.
"Here I come! I hope you're prepared for our grand performance!"

If Feb shows no desire to negotiate, use my berserk and set my electrorifle to maximum output.
Whisper to Bill: "Ready your gravgun. It's time for plan B."

If Kinorvan is still alive, peek around the corner and fire another volley at him.
Last edited by Hema on Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cursing internally (in Irish, naturally) I quickly assess the situation while Frank runs away screaming.
Counting Kinorvan and his fellas we're in a majority, but that's likely to change very soon... and why is there a lad shooting people with what is suspiciously like a REKT plasma bomb launcher? Someone from the veteran squads? But how'd he get here?
Doesn't matter now, first matter is legging it as fast as possible...

I shout "Nilo, time to fall back!" and use my grav amp to throw one of the open crates Feb or his goons are using as cover across the room, in such a way that the black stuff makes a cloud cover between them and us.
If that doesn't work, I also distract them by using the grav amp to throw the sofa at them.
Then I run at what we hope is Adopan, grab her, whisper in wherever I assume her ear may be "We're here to rescue you, please don't resist" and use my rocket boots to propel us asap to the best cover near the southern exit. Making sure Adopan is in cover, I also throw a few lightning bolts at enemies from there (not exceeding my limit of four attacks).
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Attempt to hack the local ventilation system
if successful, set all of the fans to max power and direct all of the airflow into the room, attempting to scatter all of the now-floating black flake around
Once Brom informs me of his plan to try and hoodwink Feb and starts going to negotiate, quickly comm Yuuji:

"Hide, play dumb, n' dun' shoot unless they shoot you first!"

Noting Feb's remarks about reinforcements, keep an eye on our back
PDA still in hand, try and lock down any doors behind us
Stay behind Brom while he's going out to talk to Feb
if Feb continues being openly hostile and bellicose (as in, his men are still an active threat)
-Pull back into cover

Hema wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:04 pm
*Quietly radio Yuuji*
"I'm not sure what happened between you and Feb's men, but I've got a plan.
Be prepared to put on a show, and play dead.
If we can negotiate our way out of this, I'm going to have you fake your death."
"Negotiate? We are on all sides of a friggin Mexaran standoff that blew up!
We should just blast them into submission and be done with it!"

Fire my plasma bombs at the boxes next to enemy #7, attempting to throw/topple them on top of em
if crates end up on top of #7
-run up to #8 and stab em with my sword ((drive me closer! i want to hit them with my sword!))
if not
-get into cover behind the table, use sword on any targets of opportunity
quietly curse at Xenos in a language nobody is sure if it was ever really spoken or just from some C movie

Online Now