Return to “REKT”

Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#856
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:18 pm
Heh, if only. He got knocked out by some lil' bite from one of 'em!"

Adressing Frank and Gene
"FRANK! GENE! What on God's green Earth are you two doin'? This ain't the time to stand around and think! Don't you see that big son of a bitch comin' for us!? SHOOT IT!"
"I'd send that fukcing drakedog back from whence it came but maybe you're forgetting that Brom's knocked out and helpless. I already wiped my entire fukcing squad the last time I was awake and tried to be useful, and I'm sure as hell not repeating it. Unless you want to give Brom a hand, Vynkor?"

If Vynkor responds in the affirmative regarding administration of medical care to Brom,
Load my shotgun and fire no more than two blasts at the drakedog,
then take cover behind the nearest object.
Otherwise,
Load my machine pistol, then drag Brom behind cover and try to resuscitate him, calling for help from my squadmates if necessary.
If at any time either Brom or myself are attacked, fire a volley at the nearest hostile.
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#857
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:04 am
"I'd send that fukcing drakedog back from whence it came but maybe you're forgetting that Brom's knocked out and helpless. I already wiped my entire fukcing squad the last time I was awake and tried to be useful, and I'm sure as hell not repeating it. Unless you want to give Brom a hand, Vynkor?"
"Yes, yes! She'll give the man a hand as soon as she's 'ere, but she can't do that if we dun kill this giant fukcin' abomination first! God damn!"

if I can switch to my gravgun and charge it before the drakedog gets into melee range with me:
-Shout "Gravgun! Everyone outta the way!"
-Take my gravgun and shoot at the megadrakedog (as in, try and directly hit it with the gravbolt, if possible. Also, try not to catch any of my allies with it, if possible)
Quickly switch to my baton
Hide behind the central computer, or whatever it is, to at least temporarily get out of the megadrakedog's sight
While the mega-drakedog isn't severely injured and stunned
-Do my best to avoid it, keep a distance from it and stay out of it's sight as much as possible (in that order of priority)
-Try and figure out if it has any convenient weak points
-if it manages to get into melee range with me
--Use my baton to try and block it's attacks and get it to back off (e.g. if it tries to bite me, bash it in the head, if it tries to claw me, parry it's claws with my baton if possible), or if it refuses to back off, try and get out of it's attack range myself (while trying to block any blows from it, naturally)
if the thing gets to the point of seeming severely injured:
-if it is relatively close to me (<3m) and is stunned/incapacitated, or distracted by something/someone else, or has it's back turned to me (in other words, if I'm not in immediate danger of being attacked)
--Hit it with the baton, prioritizing weak spots if I've identified any and if I can reach them without getting myself in danger of immediate attack, and then pull back and resume avoiding it once I seem to have gained it's attention
if it pins down one of my squadmates
-Approach it from behind quickly, hit it with the baton (prioritizing weak spots if they're conveniently placed) and run away again (the goal is to distract it enough for my squadmate to be able to escape it's clutches)
if at any point any other enemy comes into melee range and tries to attack me
-Hit it back with the baton
Do not exceed my max number of non-penalized baton uses
Try not to get too separated from my teammates


((We should all try to prevent this thing from pinning any one of us, so I recommend that everyone has some actions to help squadmates in immediate danger. Also, I've decided against trying to grapple it, seeing as I wouldn't be able to baton it effectively that way, so I've just decided to have my character hit the thing as much as possible if he gets the opportunity, even though that probably isn't very effective either :D ))
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:52 am, edited 8 times in total.
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#859
Franks thoughts screeched to a halt at the voice of a believed-dead teammate that somehow managed to be heard over the thumping blood in his ears.

Today, some had to die, them or the Hiltorel. He couldn't try to keep to non-lethal actions, not now, not here.
All he had was a sword, and he had to use it...

There, looming right ahead, were the two drakedogs. The agile form of the normal one, and the deadly hulk that the alpha-drake possessed.

Subconciously knowing that there was no other way than straight ahead. No space for doubt, else he'd freeze up again.

Clutching the sword with trembling hands, shaking all over.

Frank braced himself...


Sword ready, Frank pushes himself away from the console he hid behind, to the upper middle console.
From there, he propels himself low at the small drakedog, slicing at its neck once as he passes underneath, yelling loudly in all the barely supressed panic.
Contacting the console behind the drakedog, he rights himself.
When the alpha-drake approaches and starts passing past said console
-slice at its head, pushing himself straight up if needed.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#860
outlander wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:01 am
(( /begin[speaking to Cho] ))

"Cho, Esteemed Commander, that most definitely will NOT be OK. For indeed, 'Trustworthiness is important for all, and those who deceive are bound t' be found out eventually, and dealt with justly'.

"Hath thee no faith in us performing our duties? Hath we given thee, or SCAMPS, any reason at all to doubt us and deal with us so harshly? Why is SCAMPS so bound of abandoning those who gave all their strength, and all their will, to fighting the enemy, and nearly died in the process? This is not a just way to treat a fellow pirate!"

"Now, let us not be unreasonable. I shall drop the prisoner off on the Nemesis, or anywhere nearby, and then re-join my comrades in the battle. But Caleb is currently flying a civilian ship. He has no weapons, and is only good for target practice. He is heavily injured, and requires rest and medical help. He'll be a liability if sent into combat - both ship-to-ship and ground-based. The mission is over for him, he did his part, and he did it WELL."

"Please ask SCAMPS to let him land."


(( /end[speaking to Cho] ))
"I know it's not an optimal solution, but SCAMPS won't listen to me! You're Ishmael, right? Okay. Ishmael: I'm not allowed to do anything other than give you information. I can't tell the gunners to disobey SCAMPS. It's just... it's out of my jurisdiction, that's all! It has nothing to do with whether I have faith in you." The last few sentences, having come out in a rushed jumble, cause her to pause and take a deep breath. "SCAMPS doesn't care if you survive. He really doesn't. As he sees it, if you die, then you did something stupid or weren't a good match for REKT. I'm only allowed to give you information and help guide you a little. I don't really have any contact with anyone outside of... these... hmm. Except..." She trails off, thinking.

There's several seconds of silence before she finally talks again. "Okay, that won't work. I was going to ask Kendall to bring Caleb back, but Reyha doesn't think it's a good idea." After another pause, she finishes in a plaintive voice, "I'm sorry, Ishmael and Caleb. I really am. Caleb, if you want, you can land in the canyon and wait for the all-clear. There's not much else I can do. Kendall will be there soon to pick up the prisoner, so maybe just sit tight? I'm really sorry. It's only a few more minutes, okay?"
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:37 pm
To the voice on the comms: "Hey, that ain't what I meant! Um, I meant we have the situation mostly under control, we just need some small, but very important things for y'all out there to do. As I said, we need someone to shoot at the squids down the hall until we..." glances back at the mega-drakedog, struggling to enter the room "take care of somethin' else!"
"Oh, okay!" Crank laughs. "Well, I can get down pretty easy. It's getting back up that's the hard part, if you know what I mean! ... Hmm, would you reckon it'd be all right if I made a hole in the roof? Because that'd be really awesome!" He goes silent for a moment, as though getting into position, and then a thought occurs to him. "Wait, do you guys need that oxygen? Maybe that would be bad... What do you think, Annie?"

"I think you bastards should've brought more ship gear!" Anabais spits through her clenched teeth. "This stopped being fun a while ago, if you really care that much."

"Yaha, well, I mean, priorities," Crank chuckles. "Maybe I should just watch for now. Emotional support! Right guys?"

((Think I got everything - need to write Hema his part for Brom now. Brom's getting a dream.))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#861
"Oh hey Bob, can you come and h-"
looks at map
"...How did you get all the way over there?
...
Ok, nevermind.
How about you wait a bit and join up with Caleb and Ishmael, and then fly towards here together with Ishmael when they've dropped off our prisoner?
And shoot at the bad guys if you see any, but try to keep safe, ok?"
Last edited by Dinosawer on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#864
Talvieno wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:30 pm

"I know it's not an optimal solution, but SCAMPS won't listen to me! You're Ishmael, right? Okay. Ishmael: I'm not allowed to do anything other than give you information. I can't tell the gunners to disobey SCAMPS. It's just... it's out of my jurisdiction, that's all! It has nothing to do with whether I have faith in you." The last few sentences, having come out in a rushed jumble, cause her to pause and take a deep breath. "SCAMPS doesn't care if you survive. He really doesn't. As he sees it, if you die, then you did something stupid or weren't a good match for REKT. I'm only allowed to give you information and help guide you a little. I don't really have any contact with anyone outside of... these... hmm. Except..." She trails off, thinking.

There's several seconds of silence before she finally talks again. "Okay, that won't work. I was going to ask Kendall to bring Caleb back, but Reyha doesn't think it's a good idea." After another pause, she finishes in a plaintive voice, "I'm sorry, Ishmael and Caleb. I really am. Caleb, if you want, you can land in the canyon and wait for the all-clear. There's not much else I can do. Kendall will be there soon to pick up the prisoner, so maybe just sit tight? I'm really sorry. It's only a few more minutes, okay?"
I am sorry, Commander, for I have misjudged you greatly. You did not deserve any of the words I said. I see now that the blame should be placed squarely on SCAMPS, and place the blame I shall - in due time.

We shall leave Caleb here to oversee operations and act as a comm relay. His ship is not directly connected to our command net; is it possible to arrange giving him some sort of device...thing...transmitter? - that will send our... status...data... all by itself - while your soldier is recovering the prisoner?
Image
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#865
((Meant to do this previously. Hema wanted Brom to dream a version of events where things went wrong - very, very wrong.))
You reel. Right above you: A drakehound.

Everything happens in the span of half a second, as your adrenaline kicks in and time seems to slow.

Without any time for thought, you drop your shield and pistol - they float slowly away from you - and you bring your shotgun to bear in one fluid motion, with just barely enough time to aim before the creature is upon you. It moves swiftly, using its sticky feet to leap down to the floor, and then lunge. The recoil from your Gauss shotgun rips at your arm as you fire a power blast directly into the monster's shoulder, ripping a hole clean through it. Using the high recoil to assist, you quickly spin in a rapid pirouette, dodging away as the monster leaps at you; it only just barely grazes your arm, but its teeth are laced with venom; you grit your teeth as the scratches on your arm ache violently, but power through it. You are the Legendary Assassin of Ermhelm! It will take more than this to fell you. You decide to wait with your second shot, so you can time it just so and get a perfect hit to take the monster down. You'll have to wait until it comes back around so you can shoot its head...

Your allies are not so lucky. As the fell monster charges beyond you, it leaps directly for Gene Weber. His eyes widen; you can see he's about to panic. With his machine pistol, he sprays out a fusillade of rounds - some of them only narrowly missing you - but the drakedog is unperturbed by the onslaught and, arching around the line of fire, sinks its teeth into Gene's arm, shaking its head violently; it braces its feet on the floor and part of the hexagonal computer ring and throws itself into a spin, twisting Gene around with him.

Gene screams in agony and horror as the monster rips his arm from the socket. Jets of blood, still pumping from his beating heart, arc out into space - little floating globules of crimson that spatter and paint the screens nearby. He floats limp - unconscious or even dead.

You raise your shotgun and fire another blast - it misses. At this point you're beginning to see the full size of this monster - it's much larger than you'd anticipated. Perhaps it was a trick of your eyesight or the lack of gravity, but this thing is almost twice as large - or perhaps it is twice as large - as the others you've fought before. Thinking quickly, you step back and get behind cover - but not all think as quickly as you do. Buck, rushing forward with his baton sparking in his hand, hurls insults and obscenities as he flings himself onto the monster's back. For a moment, you think to leap forwards and grab him - but that would take you out of cover and put you into the squids' line of fire.

Buck manages, against all odds, to land squarely on the monster's back and grab its wingflesh with one hand while he beats it with his plasma baton... but the drakedog shakes him off all too easily, smashing its tail against his head and sending him hurtling toward the ceiling, where he drifts motionlessly. If his neck isn't broken, then he's unconscious - but for how long?

Blood coats the monsters teeth, shivering in the light as alarms blare and the hiltorel advance on your position.

Your entire squad is down.

Anabais screams over the comms as one of her allies gets shot down.

Saoirse radios that they're headed back to the Nemesis with their wounded, prisoners, and loot. You still have comm contact with them, for now, but you're alone. You're alone, but for the snarling, roaring of the monster that creeps along the path, searching you out. You retreat deeper into the brush in the corner, trying to give yourself time to regroup - or Buck time to wake up.

Deciding you've fled, the monster begins to stalk towards Gene, sniffing the blood floating in the air as it goes.

Things have gone south far, far earlier than you could have expected.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#866
Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:37 pm
"Oh hey Bob, can you come and h-"
looks at map
"...How did you get all the way over there?
...
Ok, nevermind.
(( Note to Tal: here start action for Bob as Cha0zz is still gone ))
How about you wait a bit and join up with Caleb and Ishmael, and then fly towards here together with Ishmael when they've dropped off our prisoner?
And shoot at the bad guys if you see any, but try to keep safe, ok?"
Oh Bob-Boss has Idea!
Maybe Bob-Boss should escopt, ecort, escot, .... help deliver prisoner.
And do boom-boom on bad guys!
Is good idea you think Soairse-Boss?


Join up with Caleb and Ishmael

Hello mr. Ishmael sir, Bob-boss help deliver prisoner.
Bob best prisoner deliverer.
Jimmy too *Bob claps his hands happily*


Follow Caleb and Ishmael and shoot at any enemy that comes into range using each weapon max 1 time.
When they drop of the prisoner, land and also leave the box I collected behind with the prisoner for later pickup then take off again

Carefully land my casket before the complex
Get out of my casket and start spinning up my minigun
Charge into the complex and run to where mekkin and vynkor are.
Sweep my minigun over the locations of the squids in the open space infront of me
Take cover
If anything hostile comes too close: shoot it with my pistol (1 time)
If anything hostile comes into melee range: whack it with my crowbar (1 time)
Last edited by Cha0zz on Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Image
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#867
"You damn kids! Cant even properly install a measly neural implant but can break fukkin GRAVITY when not under supervision! Probably broke that tentacle face gravity generator along the way!"

"Bob! Boy, better hurry up! I see some 5 enemy fighters coming straight at us and Saoirse seems to have decided to land instead of fighting them! Other support is short as well!"

Prepare mentally for quick changes in local gravity (and keep an eye out for an emergency landing spot that should be as soft as possible)
head towards the incoming fighters and gain altitude on the way
"Hey... ((reading slowly from IFF tag)) Anabais... im coming towards you from the settlement, trying to help you with those hiltorel fighters. If you mark your targets for me i'll try to pin them on the ground from above"
try to anticipate which fighter Anabais is going for and force that fighter to go closer to the ground with laser fire. Repeat as often as allowed and necessary.
keep anabais updated if any Hiltorel fighters seem to get lined up for attacking em

outlander wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:01 am
I am this close to abandoning The Noodly Way and going full broadside on that landlubber![/i]
((all your sides are broad! priest of the wet carbohydrate :ghost: ))
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#868
*thinking*
What the hell are you doing, Brom?!
How dare you call yourself a legend when you would throw your teammates away so easily! You need them just as much as they need you! Without someone to spread word of your deeds, you're nobody! You could have prevented this situation by considering their ideas and working with them to formulate plans. Now they're in danger of dying, and the you're the only one that can do anything about it.
You wanted to be a legend, so here's your chance. They can still be saved, and you can maintain your legendary status. All you have to do is stop cowering like Frank and MOVE!

*To Beta squad*
“Bob! We're in a lot of trouble here and could still use your assistance!
Gene and Buck have fallen, and I don't know where Frank got off to.
I'm going to try and handle the enemies in the immediate area, if you could get Beta squad to kill everything between here and the door, I'll try to get everyone out of here alive so we can finish this mission!”

Dash over to Gene and fire off a few shots into the face of the encroaching drake dog.
"I'm coming for you, Gene! Don't try to move, I've got you."
When I get to Gene, scoop him up and begin moving to the bottom-right corner of the room.
"You're not dying so long as I'm here. I'm going to get you, and Buck, Frank and Vynka all out of here safely.
Even if I have to kill every one of these ugly bastards myself!"
Drop Gene off in the corner and head back to Buck.
"Frank! Get over here and tend to Gene! I'm going back for Buck!"
While in mid-flight, reload my shotgun and take aim at the large drake's jaw.
At my closest point to the large drake, fire off two shots at its mouth with the intent of disabling its jaws.
If no such shot is available, I'll fire at its upper torso.
When I get to Buck, look over his injuries and see what I can do for him.
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#869
I check my equipment.
If I don't have a pistol:
-to Mekkin: "Hey, could you lend me a pistol or something one-handed?"
I shrug my left shoulder as explanation.
I fold my left arm against my chest and tape it down. That should keep it from flopping around too much.
I look for two floating rocks, at least four meters above the floor. They should be big enough to completely hide me but not unmanageably large.
Using the consoles south of me as a springboard, I launch at the east rock, bounce back, and launch at the west rock, which I grab.
The rocks should move north at a good walking pace as a result.
As the rocks drift over the hiltorel, I jump quickly to the east rock, then bounce off it to the floor behind squid 5, who I shoot with my borrowed pistol.
I then jump quickly back to the east rock, then across to the west rock, and drop to the ground behind squid 3, who I likewise shoot.
I return quickly to the west rock and shoot squid 4.
Finally, I jump quickly to the east rock and cover behind it.


((Visual aid:))
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron