Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

I land my CASKET back near the nacelle, here:
Spoiler:      SHOW
and open the cockpit, but don't get out yet.
I take the other Hiltorel belt out of my backpack, put it on and turn on the gravity part, hoping that walking in 0.5g will make my leg hurt less to stand on.
Then I carefully get out of my casket, and hobble towards Gearhead and Caleb.
If Gearhead needs any help patching up Caleb that I can provide, I help him, then I ask
"Hey Gearhead, could you have a look at my leg as well?"
If he does, wait while he works, and thank him afterward.
Then I go check out what's going on inside the nacelle.

If attacked at any point, I get in the nearest cover and stasis enemies (up to 4 attacks, stop when 2 in stasis)
Last edited by Dinosawer on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:09 am
"What the... What about my amazin' victory!? Didn't y'all see what I just did? Frank just got a lucky shot, he probably dun even properly killed that squid, I'm the one that scared the crap outta them and got 'em to run away!"
*Sigh* "He was sarcastic, Buck. As you've been infinitely more useful than me today...I am trying to be useful here, but sorry for not being a good shot, or military, or something else!"

I only want to get away from here, not that I'd have a better chance elsewhere...

"Also...i thought I heard something just before...not sure..."
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.

Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:09 am
Hema wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:46 am
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:13 am
"Brom, I tagged on of them with a tranquilizer before they managed to get away, and from this position I can see neither them or any other threat right now. After making sure that Vynkor won't bleed out yet, I can try to carry her. No need to have her lie around where someone may stumble over her."
"Oh excellent work, Frank. Bravo. Very well done. I was worried they'd give us a hard time after we splattered them with the gravgun, but now that you've knocked one of them out, I like our chances. The other splattered squid shouldn't be too much of a problem.
I'm sure you'll receive further congratulations from the commanding officers on the Nemesis for our retrieval of a half-dead and unconscious squid.

We'll have time to properly celebrate your amazing victory later of course.
"What the... What about my amazin' victory!? Didn't y'all see what I just did? Frank just got a lucky shot, he probably dun even properly killed that squid, I'm the one that scared the crap outta them and got 'em to run away!"
"As much as I'd like to point out that you left them alive and they're probably setting traps or calling reinforcements, you did clear the way for the continuation and completion of the mission. I suppose that's worth celebration when we get back to the Nemisis. I'll see if I can't find you some booze when we return."
F4wk35 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:21 pm
"Also...i thought I heard something just before...not sure..."
"I hear things all the time! Where did you hear it and what did it sound like?"
Breaker of fortune cookies

F4wk35 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:28 pm
Hema wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:43 pm
"I hear things all the time! Where did you hear it and what did it sound like?"
"It came from behind us, bit distance away, perhaps. But I couldn't really identify-...." *trailing off*

"Aaagh ****, the ships!"
"Why didn't you say so sooner, Frank?!
Everyone back to the ships! We'll squash every enemy in the vicinity and then go back to completing our mission!
I want everyone to grab a harness as we move through. Don't lose it.
After we obliterate whatever moron is messing with out ships, I will lead the final charge into the plant.
Keep an eye out for everything -be it hostile or otherwise- that may be of some interest to us.
Gene, I recommend you grab Vynka's Lasgun. I'll switch out your pistol for my own. The shot capacity is about to come in handy."

Drag Vynka into cover (or don't, if she's already safe), and switch pistols with her.
With my shield and semi-auto pistol up, I will run to the right airshield while visibly scanning the area along the way to see if anything's amiss.
Once I reach the airshield, I will keep myself shielded an peek out to determine if our ships are indeed in danger.

((To be used only if there are hostiles))
If there are hostiles surrounding our ships, I will alert my squad.
"Everyone open fire! Don't give them a moment to think! I want them all dead!"a
After shouting, I will target the most visible threat and shoot them no more than twice.
If there are any remaining, I will target the next most visible and fire once.
After firing my 2-3 shots, I'll reload, grab Vynka's harness and a some (1-3) of the nearby drakedog teeth.
Double back to the rear of the facility. while visibly and audibly scanning the area for possible threats and articles of interest.
If I'm attacked, I will get into cover and fire once at whatever it is that threatens me.

((To be used if there aren't any enemies at our ships))
If there aren't any enemies, I will call out to my squadmates.
"The coast is clear! Everyone grab their harnesses and let's go!"
Grab Vykna's harness and a few (1-3) of the closest drakedog teeth.
After this, I will double back to the rear of the facility. while visibly and audibly scanning the area for possible threats and articles of interest.
If I'm attacked, I will get into cover and fire once at whatever it is that threatens me.
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:20 pm
Gene, I recommend you grab Vynka's Lasgun. I'll switch out your pistol for my own. The shot capacity is about to come in handy."
"Will do, Brom. Let's hope I don't fry myself with that fancy lasgun of hers."

Walk over to Vynkor and ask for her lasgun. Once she hands it over, make sure it is ready for firing.
If Brom alerts the squad about hostiles, engage hostile of highest visibility that has not yet been engaged by a squadmate.
If there are none, advance tightly behind him.
If at any time myself or any of my squadmates are attacked, take cover and shoot at the hostile.
Last edited by TotallyNotHuman on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:20 pm
0111narwhalz wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:12 pm
"Thanks, Gene. I feel a million times better."
"Happy to help, Vynkor." How in the name of fukc did I not accidentally amputate her? That must've been nothing short of a miracle.
((It should be noted that Vynkor said that in the dream world. In your world, she's still unconscious, and unless you're psychic you couldn't possibly hear that. :ghost: ))

Hema wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:43 pm
"As much as I'd like to point out that you left them alive and they're probably setting traps or calling reinforcements, you did clear the way for the continuation and completion of the mission. I suppose that's worth celebration when we get back to the Nemisis. I'll see if I can't find you some booze when we return."
F4wk35 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:21 pm
*Sigh* "He was sarcastic, Buck. As you've been infinitely more useful than me today...I am trying to be useful here, but sorry for not being a good shot, or military, or something else!"
Buck makes a proud, shit-eating grin at this
F4wk35 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:28 pm
"It came from behind us, bit distance away, perhaps. But I couldn't really identify-...." *trailing off*

"Aaagh ****, the ships!"
Immediately snap out of my brief moment of pride, now worried and outraged: "They'd better not be touchin' MY goddamn ship!"

Start going towards the ships with everyone else, equipping my baton on the way there
if at any point we encounter hostiles
-Get in cover and stay there until the coast is clear
if all hostiles outside are eliminated
-if there seems to have been tempering with my ship
--Try to figure out what sort of squid-sorcery was used and disable it in case it is a trap (and take the harness out if I have successfully disabled the trap)
-Otherwise, go to my ship and take the harness out
-Return through the gravplant once the rest of my squad continues to do so as well
if at any point in the turn something hostile comes into melee range with me
-Hit it with the baton (max times limited by skill)

Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:57 am
"They'd better not be touchin' MY goddamn ship!"
No time to get possessive, Buck!

"These things are our best chance to get away from here!"

Leave my harness with Vynkor.
Get to the right airshield in a panicked rush. (Non-Teammates may be bowled over if they appear right in front of me)
Yell, trying to get whoever is outside to stop "What the hell are you maniacs doing?!? Stop that **** right now!!" ((charisma pls))
If there's something big and deadly outside.
-"Oh ****!"
-retreat, yelling optional
If other hostiles are around and still shooting/attacking
-get into cover with haste
-load a sharp bolt and shoot at one hostile
-reload and shoot at another hostile
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.

retrieve med- and repair-kits and get over to caleb

Stupid meatbag. Gets knocked out at every opportunity. I bet he just wants to take a nap and makes me waste those shock meds.

((get almost squished by saoirse landing. Curse at her parking skills))

check Caleb for obvious injuries/suit breaches
if theres anything to note patch it up using both kits' contents (liberal application of wound alcohol, gauze and duct tape)
utilise the supportive limbage of saoirse

take caleb's antishock meds and administer them to him

clean saoirse's wound and patch it up as well

go inside to the others
try not to get shot
yell at friendlies who are being stupid for being stupid
Last edited by Cornflakes_91 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

0111narwhalz wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:58 pm
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:20 pm
0111narwhalz wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:12 pm
"Thanks, Gene. I feel a million times better."
"Happy to help, Vynkor." How in the name of fukc did I not accidentally amputate her? That must've been nothing short of a miracle.
((It should be noted that Vynkor said that in the dream world. In your world, she's still unconscious, and unless you're psychic you couldn't possibly hear that. :ghost: ))
((checks PSI Unit stat :ghost:
But seriously, acknowledged. Will edit post accordingly.))

Online Now