Return to “Games”

Post

Re: The Elder Scrolls 6: The scrollening

#17
Victor Tombs wrote:This caught my eye while browsing and for once it's nice being on-topic so I thought it belonged here:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/elder- ... 0-6442514/

Nothing earthshatteringly new but certainly worth a read for TES fans. :angel:
Thanks for the pointer, Victor. Nice to see an article that isn't just clickbait and full of rumours-that-confirm-stuff-noone-ever-said :)

I'm thinking it would be awesome to see VR as integral to the next installment of our beloved TES. Still, VR is only another way of experiencing a game, and the primary focus should always be on depth, story and great content. VR will not "fix" a shallow game.
old-fashioned :ghost:
Post

Re: The Elder Scrolls 6: The scrollening

#18
plillevold wrote:Thanks for the pointer, Victor. Nice to see an article that isn't just clickbait and full of rumours-that-confirm-stuff-noone-ever-said

I'm thinking it would be awesome to see VR as integral to the next installment of our beloved TES. Still, VR is only another way of experiencing a game, and the primary focus should always be on depth, story and great content. VR will not "fix" a shallow game.
I had friends of TES like you in mind, plillevold. ;) :D I'd miss quite a lot of the goings on with games if it wasn't for the other members of this Community posting links to interesting stuff.

And I agree with you. But you won't or shouldn't be surprised to read that I do. :angel:
Post

Re: The Elder Scrolls 6: The scrollening

#19
Victor Tombs wrote:
plillevold wrote:Thanks for the pointer, Victor. Nice to see an article that isn't just clickbait and full of rumours-that-confirm-stuff-noone-ever-said

I'm thinking it would be awesome to see VR as integral to the next installment of our beloved TES. Still, VR is only another way of experiencing a game, and the primary focus should always be on depth, story and great content. VR will not "fix" a shallow game.
I had friends of TES like you in mind, plillevold. ;) :D I'd miss quite a lot of the goings on with games if it wasn't for the other members of this Community posting links to interesting stuff.

And I agree with you. But you won't or shouldn't be surprised to read that I do. :angel:
Not surprised at all, Victor ;) I look forward to the days when we may share thoughts and experiences from TES VI.

The Scrollening abides its time :ghost:
old-fashioned :ghost:
Post

Re: The Elder Scrolls 6: The scrollening

#20
plillevold wrote:Not surprised at all, Victor I look forward to the days when we may share thoughts and experiences from TES VI.

The Scrollening abides its time :ghost:
It's the long wait I'm not looking forward to, plillevold. I know the team aren't a "vending machine" but they should be concentrating on what they do best. I rather wish they hadn't fallen in love with Fallout but I will be interested to see the ideas they have for "other projects". :)

But the truth is I much prefer them sticking to what they do best...which is TES. :angel:
Post

Re: The Elder Scrolls 6: The scrollening

#21
Victor, does it help knowing that having a second hit franchise helps to keep Bethesda profitable so that they can keep making more Elder Scrolls games?

Or (not to steer this conversation in an undesirable direction) are you perhaps feeling a desire that Bethesda should focus on making as many TES games as possible while you can still enjoy them?

I can appreciate and respect that latter view if it's what you're thinking.
Post

Re: The Elder Scrolls 6: The scrollening

#22
Flatfingers wrote:Victor, does it help knowing that having a second hit franchise helps to keep Bethesda profitable so that they can keep making more Elder Scrolls games?
Not really Flat. If it had been a franchise I could have enjoyed it would have helped but I have no time for or interest in the Fallout franchise. :(
Flatfingers wrote:Or (not to steer this conversation in an undesirable direction) are you perhaps feeling a desire that Bethesda should focus on making as many TES games as possible while you can still enjoy them?
You know me too well, Flat. ;) They take too long to develop their ES games. I wouldn't mind a stream of DLC for the existing TES game(s) as fillers but having to wait for such extended periods of time is becoming a problem for me. What they have announced for Skyrim sounds like a damp squib as there will be no extra content. :(

I can only hope they concentrate on the ideas you've had concerning the next release. I doubt if the Argonians and their swamps will be anywhere near as interesting for me. :angel:
Post

Re: The Elder Scrolls 6: The scrollening

#27
You and me both, Tal... and a lot of other players, by design I think.

It's very strange to me that BethSoft would build up the Thalmor as "guys you love to hate," give the Thalmor an elaborate backstory including in-game lore (in TES V: Skyrim) that has them directly saying the White-Gold Concordat was just a temporary pause in their plan to dominate the world, AND give Hammerfell (Redguard), Morrowind (Dunmer), Cyrodiil (Imperials), and Skyrim (Nords) games but not the Summerset Isles (Altmer)... and then not deliver on that set-up.

Who's High Rock? The Bretons, isn't it? What do they have to do with the big story that BethSoft started rolling by blowing up Red Mountain? And didn't we already visit High Rock in Daggerfall?

Obviously there's no reason why TES VI can't go back to High Rock and the Bretons.

It's just... why?
Last edited by Flatfingers on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post

Re: The Elder Scrolls 6: The scrollening

#28
Well, Elder Scrolls Online just recently released the Summerset Isle expansion. So, I would further your question of "Why" with - if they were going to redo something they'd already done, why would they go back to something they did so recently? Given the choice between the just-released Summerset and High Rock (which we haven't seen in over two decades - 1996!) - I feel like it would probably be High Rock.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: The Elder Scrolls 6: The scrollening

#29
You mean this is one more interference with the proper development of TES I'm going to have to blame on online/multiplayer nonsense?

;)

Or maybe the Summerset Isles expansion of ESO (which I did hear about) is because that's what they're working on for TES VI and seeing it in the distant past of ESO is intended to get people eager to see it in the next true TES game....

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron