Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

I am a bit busy these days, so not tried much but I must say until now I am not very successful.
Large part of the problem is that I cannot have nice previews like Silver showed, my previews in the equation editor of Vue are about 5-10mm square only so it is impossible to see anything - the only way to have a "preview" is to apply and render, but then it is not only slow but also sometimes difficult to see because of lighting and so on... this is a bit frustrating, the more so because I am sure I am just missing a simple option.
So any hint would be helpful!

But thanks Silver for the ideas...

CSE wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:48 pm
I am a bit busy these days, so not tried much but I must say until now I am not very successful.
Large part of the problem is that I cannot have nice previews like Silver showed, my previews in the equation editor of Vue are about 5-10mm square only so it is impossible to see anything - the only way to have a "preview" is to apply and render, but then it is not only slow but also sometimes difficult to see because of lighting and so on... this is a bit frustrating, the more so because I am sure I am just missing a simple option.
So any hint would be helpful!

But thanks Silver for the ideas...
Here's a thing about the preview - In the material editor there's a little magnifying glass to the right and below of the preview within in the window. If you click on that beastie it gives you a larger preview which you can render :twisted: Just found it while I'm trying to find a way to change the seed on a texture!

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:12 am

Har, thanks :twisted: A little more tweaking of the displacement mapping on the lights and it's a bit more sensible.
This is turning very good!
How do you choose the lighted regions? With a displacement similar to continents?
Talvieno wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:11 pm

Another topic entirely:

I made this for REKT:
That is really nice. One could just wonder why those aliens put so many lights to get so few lighting :)
Joke apart, the ambiance is excellent!

Did you make a model of Chtulu?

CSE wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:49 pm
That is really nice. One could just wonder why those aliens put so many lights to get so few lighting :)
Indeed. :lol: But I had a certain tone I was going for.
Nope. I actually got all the graffiti off a Google stock image search. I can't really draw at all. That one in particular came from this photo:
Spoiler:      SHOW
I lopped off the ears because, in the REKT timeline, in 3152, elephants are extinct, and I doubt the aliens on the station would know about them anyway.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:57 pm
CSE wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:49 pm
Indeed. :lol: But I had a certain tone I was going for.
Nope. I actually got all the graffiti off a Google stock image search. I can't really draw at all. That one in particular came from this photo:
I lopped off the ears because, in the REKT timeline, in 3152, elephants are extinct, and I doubt the aliens on the station would know about them anyway.
So it's a billboard. With the lighting, it sort of looked like a (3D) model of somebody standing there...
Do you have somewhere a collection of your renders for the interested viewer?

Yeah, here's basically what the billboard looks like:
And... no, I don't really have a collection anywhere. I've been meaning to put one together for a while, but never actually got around to it. I have a badly outdated collection here that's missing a lot of my newer pieces - newer pieces that I'd consider better than a lot of those.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now