Return to “Suggestions”

Extended funding for stretch goals

Firstly, really glad to see that the project hit a respectable figure on the stretch goals, and that carriers/mobile docking bays are in. :mrgreen:

Now as per the topic suggests, why not have a Paypal or similar to extend the funding till it reaches the desired stretch goals anyway?

Stretch goals beyond the 200k mark: seamless planetary landings, walking/ship interiors, multiplayer. :)

Star Citizen is doing that, and you can change the price to reflect a preorder/retail pricing.
Re: Extended funding for stretch goals

Hey Lynx, I'm copying you a comment I made on the KS earlier:
I'm really sorry, I seem to have confused some people with that last stretch goal post. It was intended as a joke! Those who have been following know that those three features are consistently asked for, and consistently my answer is "it would take far too much dev time," so in my final update, ended up giving people the real $200K stretch goal (carriers) for less, and replacing it with an "impossible" stretch goal, just for kicks.
So no, sorry, I wouldn't expect to see those features this time around. Maybe in a future Limit Theory!!
I am very sorry for everyone that I confused with that last update...as many of you probably know, multiplayer/seamless landings/walking were never really in the running for stretch goals, regardless of the amount of funding! Very sorry for the confusion!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

You got me there! :lol:

Well the suggestion still holds, you can open a preorder campaign for people who missed the KS.
I'm sure there will be people who'll find out about this game too late but still want to preorder, and every bit of money helps (especially the period when you're drawing close to release, you'll probably need some extra cash for advertising as well).

I'd personally love to see post-kickstarter donations. I really wanted to donate, and just got payed, and the kickstarter closed. Don't add the donations for me, do it for the people who missed out. Just a suggestion, if you add them, make sure you run them for a while and cut them off, but not too close to the Prototype. Then people who pledged months ago get it, rather than someone who purchased a month before. Keep up the great work Josh!

- Samo

Sorry :(

It was a matter of principle for me, as I felt that leaving donations open just wouldn't be right considering that we have already raised more than enough for the game. I closed the Paypal option yesterday shortly after the campaign ended.

I hope you won't mind waiting for the real thing! :)
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

I think that pre-orders for the game should be left until the game is nearing readiness for release.. like a month or two before release. Having it any sooner than that is just going to lead to more complaints than not, in my opinion. Sure there are going to be people who find out about the project that missed out on the KS campaign but at the end of the day, that's life.. there were many KS campaigns I missed out on too.. I still will get to play those games or order the products (Ouya comes to my mind immediately) but there has to be a cutoff point somewhere.. is it today? next week? a month from now? At what point would people be happy.. and the answer is there will always be just one more person.. :) That's also.. life. :)

The project was funded, work is in progress.. when things get close to release, pre-orders should commence.. but not before, in my opinion.

light487 wrote:I think that pre-orders for the game should be left until the game is nearing readiness for release.. like a month or two before release. Having it any sooner than that is just going to lead to more complaints than not, in my opinion. Sure there are going to be people who find out about the project that missed out on the KS campaign but at the end of the day, that's life.. there were many KS campaigns I missed out on too.. I still will get to play those games or order the products (Ouya comes to my mind immediately) but there has to be a cutoff point somewhere.. is it today? next week? a month from now? At what point would people be happy.. and the answer is there will always be just one more person.. :) That's also.. life. :)

The project was funded, work is in progress.. when things get close to release, pre-orders should commence.. but not before, in my opinion.
True. There does become a point when you have to tie the knot and close it all up. We just don't want Josh leaving donations/pre-purchases open for a month after the KS Campaign, and then another month and so on. I respect what Josh is doing and has also inspired me to be better at coding and learn Computer Graphics, I already know basic Java (Enough to make some Minecraft Bukkit Plugins), but not nearly enough to even start developing Games. I should start to learn C++ in the near future so that I could create a game that even Josh would back :) (Although I have to be 18. Looks like I've got 4 years of coding, nearly 3 I turn 15 in April. Plenty of time to learn some professional Coding! Josh, you are an inspiration to us all! Dream big and work hard!

- Samo

I am very happy to see how many stretch goals were actually reached. Everyone chipped in and helped it to Carriers.

I understand why Josh does not feel it is right to continue funding. And honestly since he is not overly interested in hiring other coders the amount of money raised should easily pays for everything. Hopefully.. :)

Now it is time to wait for the game to be released. Seems like ages away :D
Limit Theory - The most beast looking Space Sim.

Masterofjumping wrote:I am very happy to see how many stretch goals were actually reached. Everyone chipped in and helped it to Carriers.
Here, let me edit that for you;
Masterofjumping wrote:I am very happy to see how many stretch goals were actually reached. Gazz really chipped in and helped Josh figure out Carriers.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J/K Everyone really helped on that one. Couldn't have done it without everyone.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now