Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Random

That is somehow very cool to me. :D I think it's the fact that it's outbound, and after it disappears, humans will never see it again; it will be lost to the great interstellar void. It just came by for a brief visit. It reminds me of Rendezvous With Rama.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:20 am
It reminds me of Rendezvous With Rama.
Aye, I said as much elsewhere. Rendezvous with Rama is a top-notch tale!
We pray for one last landing
On the globe that gave us birth
Let us rest our eyes on the fleecy skies
And the cool, green hills of Earth

Cody wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:19 am
Talvieno wrote:
It reminds me of Rendezvous With Rama.
Aye, I said as much elsewhere. Rendezvous with Rama is a top-notch tale!
YESS!!! Rendezvous with Rama is amazing! I tried to get other members of my family to read it and I was sadly disappointed when they didn't like it.
A life well lived only happens once.
Seems deep until you think about it.

Talvieno wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:17 am
It's an IRC thing. "Pew pew" is like an LT IRC meme, or something... along with *snart*, tactical assault, lilacs, cookies, :V, cheese, goats, and a number of other things. :D
Oh, so it makes even more sense if I were spent more time on the IRC. I should do that...
A life well lived only happens once.
Seems deep until you think about it.

Talvieno wrote:
I think it's the fact that it's outbound, and after it disappears, humans will never see it again; it will be lost to the great interstellar void. It just came by for a brief visit.
The first known asteroid to visit our Solar System from interstellar space has been given a name. The interstellar interloper will now be referred to as 'Oumuamua, which means "a messenger from afar arriving first" in Hawaiian.

Now, new data reveal the interstellar interloper to be a rocky, cigar-shaped object with a somewhat reddish hue. The asteroid, named ‘Oumuamua by its discoverers, is up to one-quarter mile (400 meters) long and highly-elongated—perhaps 10 times as long as it is wide.

Online Now