Return to “Suggestions”

On Death: Continue as new pilot?

I think it would be very interesting if you get killed in limit theory instead of just loading a prior save or starting completely over you could start over as a new pilot in the same galaxy. So for example if I've been playing for a while and built up an little trading empire, explored a bunch of systems, built space stations, etc. then I get killed. I could elect to start over but even instead of starting from scratch or even just using the same seed the game would start me as a new pilot but the deceased pilots trading empire would still exist... well sort of... maybe one of his AI hirelings took it over or maybe it was divided up between them... maybe former enemies came in and claimed the assets. The point being you'd already know something about the universe, you'd see the things you made before, maybe AIs would even mention you deceased pilot by name or at least refer to his acts. This could be done over and over until you have a slew of deceased characters that helped shape a single universe. You could even trade the saves with friends who could play new pilots in a world you built... again WAY beyond just sharing a seed (which is cool in itself).
Re: On Death: Continue as new pilot?

I believe what has been discussed previously has been having a bunch of difficulty levels that all handle death differently. E.g. hardcore means death is death, easy may be that your ship is destroyed and you re-spawn in another.
“The impact of space activities is nothing less than the galvanizing of hope and imagination for human life continuum into a future of infinite possibility.”

Online Now