Return to “Suggestions”

advanced planning and other suggestions

i have seen the gameplay demos and just want to come with my suggestions for the future.
1 wings: basically the same as in x3, this makes ordering and manouvering your ships easier.

2 advanced stuff: the ability to atack a certan part of a ship in special ways would be cool, especially if it includes things you can use inteligently, like stelthy sneaky sneaky remote detonating mine placing on the lazor turrets, and smooth execution of hull breaching with boarding pods, distractions and a screen to set up the timeline of things to be activated during an atack, like bombs, diversions, missile launces, hull breaches and emp mines.

3 designated ship parts: things like crew compartments, infermarys, storage compartments, engines, comand centers, boarding pod bays, generators, general hull pieces to look cool, super weapons(mega railgun, ICBM etc.) and finally docking bays. things tat would make one really love the design one makes bechause they will have all the internal systems and functions made exectly the way you want them.

4 drednoughts: those megaships to give you that dethstar feeling whith row after row of docking bays and missile pods and ofcourse the obligatory ditch thing along the middle to fly through. just a sslow ship that dwarfs the puny space stations around it, with a semi randomly generated internal space where you can accsess the main bays and storage areas, also would be cool if it could include awesome animations like the clone carriers in starwars who can open along the middle.

5 advanced orders: this is basically the last thing that makes the game a complete space combat experience, i really want the ability to send my boarding troopers on a more stelthy spacewalk to the target, or send them on a spacewalk from an asteroid i sent the pod to. the ability to have more special actions available would spice up the game considerably with stelth missions to overload the capacitors or install a virus into the targeting computer or even just wach 500 men jetpack from my cruiser to do hand to hand combat with a single fighter.

edit: this could be nicely implemented in training and research, i am certain that will be a feature in some future too...

a lot of things could be done with efects and statuses like "boarded" or "concealed" or even "reactor blowing up HOLYSHIT SAVE YOURSELVES!" wich would make it easier to make the efects of boarding and advanced options in combat work.

can you tell that i want to try out a human shield on my fighter? hahahahahahahahaha :lol: :x murder!

sorry for poor english josh...
Re: advanced planning and other suggestions

Let me repeat that for you:
There will be no boarding.
Modding is also pretty unlikely, as things are now.
just make a missile that aply the boarded efect on the enemy ship
And that would be? Instant transfer of control to you, along with some extra money and the cargo while we're at it? If you throw ideas around, at least flesh them out a bit.
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

as i see it a boarded ship would not be under your controll, it would be more like the ability to sabotage stuph and kill off some crew to limit the operations the enemy can do. also + stealthy entrys so you can infiltrate enemy ships before you start the fight.
no fps here btw, just launching of boarding pods and selecting their actions when the enemy ship is "boarded".

if pods doesent get implemented its ok, however it is one of the cooler aspects of space combat, and would fit nicely in if crew management and general management of systems ever got implemented... in the far off future.

Having the ability to designate groups or wings of ships would be good for the RTS side of it. Maybe having a "squadron" system for fighters, or having tabs for group on the RTS view HUD would really help with commanding ships.

I was thinking of a system similar to setting groups in the Total War series, where you can select several units with one click acd command them as a group. Formations and special group commands are implemented.

It would be really good if something like this was implemented.
SPAAAAAAAACE

Leopold II wrote:Having the ability to designate groups or wings of ships would be good for the RTS side of it. Maybe having a "squadron" system for fighters, or having tabs for group on the RTS view HUD would really help with commanding ships.

I was thinking of a system similar to setting groups in the Total War series, where you can select several units with one click acd command them as a group. Formations and special group commands are implemented.

It would be really good if something like this was implemented.
That's the plan! It's in the works.

Online Now