Return to “Suggestions”

Hollow pieces

hi josh.
one thing that would be really cool on capital ships, stations and espescially carriers and cruisers would be internal spaces to fly thrugh tlike internal docking spaces and tunnels thrugh the ship, i think it could bring some interesting designs and fights into the game.
the easy way to go would be to make holes a thing and then make shapes have wall thickness so they are hollow (toggelable, not everything should be hollow).

hollow parts would also be cool if breakup of ships is ever implemented so panels and walls would be floating around the destroyed ships.

many animations could take advantage of hollow parts with deploying missiles all the way to cargo bay doorsand other things that would reveal hollow spaces in the ship. missiles,mortars(search for metalstorm mortar on youtube), battlecannons, boarding pods and gatling guns is a must and would be awesome btw, just say'n
Re: Hollow pieces

I like this idea myself. Ever since the old game terminal velocity by apogee where it transitioned between inside and outside. Descent 3 did this as well. While we may not see many Death Star 2s from the procedural generation, I like the ideas of what this could bring.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

This is one of my dreams for Space Games. Not sure why I am so attached to this idea but being able to fly through a ship and debris would be so awesome.

This brings up another question I have whether debris would be persistent in the world. Like if you destroy a ship would you be able to return later on and find the debris still there or at least in the area depending on whether it has floated off.
Limit Theory - The most beast looking Space Sim.

Masterofjumping wrote:This is one of my dreams for Space Games. Not sure why I am so attached to this idea but being able to fly through a ship and debris would be so awesome.

This brings up another question I have whether debris would be persistent in the world. Like if you destroy a ship would you be able to return later on and find the debris still there or at least in the area depending on whether it has floated off.
if debris is persistent it could become annoying after large scale battles. if you could salvage the metal it would be manageable i guess.
the real question would the debris also become collide-able and deal potential crippling damage to your ship...lol
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

if debris is persistent it could become annoying after large scale battles. if you could salvage the metal it would be manageable i guess.
the real question would the debris also become collide-able and deal potential crippling damage to your ship...lol
Because of size of space I do not really see it becoming a problem. Unless you destroy a million ships. :D

Salvaging would help clean it up and there could be AI salvager's who also hunt around of spare scrap. Between you and the AI's I doubt there would be that much left for long.
Limit Theory - The most beast looking Space Sim.

Dadalos wrote:if debris is persistent it could become annoying after large scale battles. if you could salvage the metal it would be manageable i guess.
Let there be a limit to it. If a large carrier gets destroyed, either have a couple large pieces of debris floating around that can be salvaged or turn it into a salvage debris field. Don't keep every little piece, but seeing a remnant of a large battle might be pretty cool.

"And over here, we see the debris field generated when a few large battlestations fought."

I know I'd go the route of trying to salvage some of the stuff in the beginning to try and find some goodies.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now