Return to “Suggestions”

Weapon Limitations?

Hey, was watching the video you put up where you used the ship editor and strapped a whole ton of guns to your fighter (Looked pretty cool :D) but you were saying that there would be limitations on how many guns you could have on your ship and stuff.

That in itself is fine, especially on smaller ships I guess, but I think it'd be a little disappointing to have it number limited, especially if you're rolling through in a monstrous dreadnought or something and you're only allowed to have 10 guns on it. I was thinking maybe a you have a base number dependent on ship class, lets say the smallest class of capital ship can have 10 guns on it initially, however you can add components to support more guns.

So if you wanted more plasma weaponry you'd need to vastly increase the power capabilities of you're ship, while missiles would need more targeting systems and sensor arrays to support them, as well as needing more ammunition storage blocks, more crew on your ship (not sure if crew is going to be a feature but that'd be cool, and if you take battle damage you can lose crew which decreases your ships effectiveness, and the more battles you win etc the better you get in combat?)

I'm not sure how that sounds but I just like the idea of having near limitless potential for the power of your ship, I want a flying fortress with so many guns poking out it looks ridiculous :P but I definitely think it should be expensive and require prerequisites for increased guns.
The enemy of my enemy dies next.

Online Now