Return to “Suggestions”

Black Market

I was thinking of some black markets on planets or space stations that you can unlock by talking to doing stuff for NPCs or something like that. Black markets could sell limited amounts of more powerful items(such as a laser with more damage than average) but for a higher price. They should also be hidden from the location selection screen when locked. Perhaps someone could "discover" you purchasing illegal items and then your reputation could go down.
I should post more and lurk less...
Re: Black Market

solid sugestion. and would amost be a must for the 'smuggler- lovable/rogue' player. would also rase the need for smugglers holds and compartments to avoid being caught with less than official trade. I see myself as more a law man in games like this and having black markets i could hunt down would be very fun XD.
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

Technius wrote:I was thinking of some black markets on planets or space stations that you can unlock by talking to doing stuff for NPCs or something like that.
Along the same lines, you could also have to earn the trust of the correct NPC and then they can show you the 'back room.' By earning trust I don't mean doing a few errands either. I think it should use the in-game relationship builder that Josh is going to implement. It doesn't have to be limited to trust either. Depending on what stats Josh implements maybe you have to earn a combination of trust, respect, and loyalty and your power (how strong you are in game compared to other NPC forces) needs to be at a certain level before they show you their goods.

Ya the idea of a black market is a good one in the sense that you could pick up less than legal goods and trade them if you picked them up from killing pirates or something, but then it also goes into how the planets are going to work. Like if its only going to be 2-3 different ports on a pop up menu to choose who to sell to then a black market would just be another one that would pop up when you were to going to sell you goods on a planet.

Online Now