Return to “Suggestions”

Agents/Information brokers

I believe that it should be possible to trade information as a commodity in this type of game. If this has been brought up by someone else previously I apologize but this has been on my mind and I would love to see something like this implemented (if possible).
So, within each system should be several brokers with their own planetary and station bound spy networks who inform the agents of things like resource shortages/Overstock, impending war between factions, which side has shortages of what, locations of resources for mining etc. Also being able to find out information like the location or last known location of certain npcs (for bounty hunting) could be cool, but this shouldn't lead directly to anyone as the agents are not omniscient.
The agents then contact you, the player (based on wether they like you or not) and offer to sell you a piece of unspecified information, which you may or may not buy. If said information is good for you, then use it to your advantage and if not (say you are a combat pilot and the information is the location of a rich source of base metals or rarer elements) you can then sell it on to npcs you have met in the past.
I think this kind of thing, fleshed out further than my own limited expression can convey would be an awesome feature in an already awesome game, and could make the trading of information as viable as a career as mining, bounty hunting and combat running can be. Thanks for reading, I hope it comes across well. :mrgreen:
Re: Agents/Information brokers

Yes, that's going to be a part of the game, and an important part at that, because each NPC is just as limited in their knowledge about the universe than you are. Thus, they'll be very interested in getting trade tips or hints to ore locations (or whatever) from you.

For more information about the level of interaction between player and NPCs see also Josh's latest update (update #8) on Kickstarter.

Online Now