Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Streaming development.

I've watched several live streams of various developers coding. The most famous being Notch working on 0x10c. He stopped when his own fame preceded him and player expectations went out of control as he was still in the prototype stage and wasnt sure the game would even be fun.
David -- Proud to be saving the world since 1984

In the spirit of the common welfare of all our sanity lets not delay the game even in the slightest. streaming the development would only be a distraction and those i fear are already to many to name XD.
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

I think streaming of coding only works for some people. Notch just happens to be one of the few exceptions since he has participated in many of the 24-hr game competitions and has enough experience under his belt that he can pour out something pretty tangible pretty fast. For most programmers, that's not really the case.

Besides, if it was me, I don't think I'd want people watching me sit around in my boxers eating a slice of pizza as I fiddle with stupid coding errors.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:Besides, if it was me, I don't think I'd want people watching me sit around in my boxers eating a slice of pizza as I fiddle with stupid coding errors.

+1
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

Almost two years old, but I think I should rather drudge up this old thread than create a new thread. So Josh is a much better coder than he used to be, he's more in control. With LTSL and the new and improved rate of iteration I think it would be helpful for Josh to perhaps have an extra set of eyes. If he made the stream private and only allowed a couple people who could actually help. If someone is being useless he just removes them from the whitelist. I think it is very helpful for me personally to have someone who can program watching over my shoulder. Perhaps Josh might only do this when he feels that it is a nice easy thing that will just take a while. I totally think that 24/7 streaming would be invasive. So he should just do it every so often when he feels like it. It would be a great inside look at LT development 8-)
A life well lived only happens once.
Seems deep until you think about it.

Online Now