Return to “Suggestions”

Discover Planet Locations (on planet POI)

I just thought of a way to make planets a bit more interesting.
Maybe instead of jumping to a pre determined location on a planet. You'll have to fly around and try to discover the locations on your own? I think it would add a bit of exploration to the game on a smaller scale. Ex: When you transition down to a planet, you will land on the location you were pointed at back up in space (kind of like how some games will put you on one side of a planet even though you flew down on the opposite side). From there, you could get some options to A. Take off and start flying around the planet. B. Go back into space (if the planet doesn't seem to have many resources, etc.). C. Start building your own base (this will require an extremely large amount of resources) but the base will start off small and you will be able to add more facilities like weapon manufacturers or ship factories and such.
I still have more ideas on the way! (some have probably already been mentioned) ;P
Anything is possible if you can dream it.
Re: Discover Planet Locations (on planet POI)

Or you can pay for a "map" of the planet. Which really means that all the locations on the planet will be listed out for you without having to discover them.

An actual planet map on the GUI would be cool too. Of course your ship would always be at the center of it, so you don't have to deal with navigating your ship around the terrible projection curved parts of the map.
Re: Discover Planet Locations (on planet POI)

Drillgorg wrote:Or you can pay for a "map" of the planet. Which really means that all the locations on the planet will be listed out for you without having to discover them.

An actual planet map on the GUI would be cool too. Of course your ship would always be at the center of it, so you don't have to deal with navigating your ship around the terrible projection curved parts of the map.
+1 Nice idea!
Anything is possible if you can dream it.

Online Now