Return to “Suggestions”

MOD Support

I'm here to just give a suggestion, so I might not be able to provide you guys with the most detailed explanation why this would be a nice add-on to the game. It would give people the opportunity to make their own add-ons to the game that won't be able to be implemented into LT by Josh before the release in 2014, for e.g Minecraft. The creators of Minecraft could not implement every request given by the public to the game! So they gave the option for Mod support and since then the game has evolved and become so much more then when it started off. There's lots of suggestions in Forums atm that Josh can't fulfill in time of release. But with this option of allowing the player to Mod LT, I think it would really good. Allowing people to really implement their ideas themselves :) If this was implemented into the game, a place on the LT website could be created for people to upload and showcase their Mods for the public to download! Ship designs could also be uploaded for people to pilot each others creations :D I think this would be really great to make LT even more Awesome!
If anyone wish's to differ? Go ahead & reply :)
Re: MOD Support

i dont see this happening before the relese of LT2. (that is i dont see him opening the code information for LT1 till LT2 is about to be relased.) hes got a lot invested and while letting people mod the game would expand the options available its also letting people tweek twist and warp parts of his code that hes worked very diligently for. lets just get the finished game out and enjoy it for what it is...and in a few years from now lets talk about mods and expansions.
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.
Re: MOD Support

First of all, minecraft does not provide modding support. The code is obfuscated and it does not provide a modding API. That hasn't stopped the community from de-obfuscating the code and creating mods anyway, even creating a modding API for it, see bukkit.

Josh has stated more than once that there will be no mod support in the version of the game, the way the game is made doesn't allow for easy modding and he doesn't have time to create a useful modding API, he has however spoken of plans to release an open source version of the game some time in the future.

Sharing of ship designs is a confirmed feature, probably with a dedicated web interface or simply as some sort of file import/export.
FAQ | Kickstarter | IRC | Common Suggestions

Online Now