Return to “Suggestions”

In game juke box and custom soundtrack

Ok eve people would know what I'm talking about. About the juke box.
Since technically this is an infinite game, I would like to listen to in game music in addition to the standard x number of songs, great as they may be :D
If we're exploring an infinite universe i would like the ability to load up my favorite themes into the juke box. Now In some forum people always come back saying "just load it in Winamp and mute the in the ingame sound"..but bottom line ALT TAB is always always buggy, plus it would not help with my next point :

allow custom import of "scenic" vs "combat" music to add to the ones the dev is already adding ( Simlar to what you can do in X 3 and X3:TC) . Drop all custom as well as default combat themes in a separate location other than the scenic themes which the game picks up at random akin to X3.

It's a big universe out there and I'd reAlly like to spice up exploration with custom variety ;)
Re: In game juke box and custom soundtrack

an interesting suggestion. though im with the latter crowd that just has a tab open someplace ese with a playlist running. i wonder if this will become a point of desire for others as well.
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

I think it sounds like an interesting idea, while you can always use winamp or any other music player having the music piped through the game allows it to blend with the other sounds in the game, its a simpler way to mix the music rather than adjusting the levels again and again so that it does not just drown out the ingame sounds.
The only limit is the one you set.

Skyfligher wrote:I think it sounds like an interesting idea, while you can always use winamp or any other music player having the music piped through the game allows it to blend with the other sounds in the game, its a simpler way to mix the music rather than adjusting the levels again and again so that it does not just drown out the ingame sounds.
This. Trying to balance a media player against the in-game sound effects is a PITA. It would be nice to be able to have the game play the music and handle the balancing.
I am 42.

hey Josh - dusting off this thread considering we're slowly approaching the end game (or end of the middle game :P) . We were a small bunch of newbs drooling over update # 1 or #2 in the early days when I came up with this suggestion (i think those were the update nos...but ive been wrong afore) and was tickled when you and rest of the community liked it and had put it on your TODO checklist !

I know you put this idea along side a bunch of others during the early kickstarter day (of which I was a part - proud boast).
Any idea when are you planning on including this - if at all - as part of the release timeline?

Online Now