Return to “Suggestions”

Migrant fleets and mobile bases

Hi

Well I think it would be cool if there were fleets like the one in Battlestar Galactica (the human one) that you could own, control, leaded, belong to and interact with. These fleets would have water carriers, mobile biospheres for food production, mobile mineral refinery’s and manufacturing facilities, mining ships and of course heavily armed fighters and cruisers to defend them. As well as cargo ships cruise/passenger ships and every other type of ship.

This would allow a player to use them as mobile bases as they are or create them, themselves to use as such. They could also act like planets or satellites for trade, production, manufacturing, quest giving and repairs.
galactica post.jpg
galactica post.jpg (134.88 KiB) Viewed 2240 times
Re: Migrant fleets and mobile bases

Terran wrote:Hi

Well I think it would be cool if there were fleets like the one in Battlestar Galactica (the human one) that you could own, control, leaded, belong to and interact with. These fleets would have water carriers, mobile biospheres for food production, mobile mineral refinery’s and manufacturing facilities, mining ships and of course heavily armed fighters and cruisers to defend them. As well as cargo ships cruise/passenger ships and every other type of ship.

This would allow a player to use them as mobile bases as they are or create them, themselves to use as such. They could also act like planets or satellites for trade, production, manufacturing, quest giving and repairs.
galactica post.jpg
Well owning and controlling a fleet is already a confirmed feature, and I wouldn't be surprised if you could add manufacturing and refining facilities to capital ships, in fact I'd be surprised if you couldn't.
FAQ | Kickstarter | IRC | Common Suggestions
Re: Migrant fleets and mobile bases

I know fleets ownership where confirmed but these fleets wood have a significant NPC population and could have ships you don’t own as well as your own. Naturally occurring migrant fleets wood move from system to system and function like a planet having there on governments and supply needs.
Ixos wrote:This is present in other Sci Fi like the great migrant fleet in Mass Effect.
Mass Effect’s great migrant fleets is a great example :D

Online Now