Return to “Suggestions”

Forum Moderators

my suggestion is, that Josh should start adding one or two forum mods, with things heating up on the ED and LT comment threads, and the last thing we really want is a flame war, I think the only way to combat this, if it happens, is to add a few forum mods, while its not happened yet, and I really hope it doesn't escalate into a full flame war, which would be very bad for both KS projects,

I have requested that the ED thread is to be deleted, I said my piece over ED, and its not my intention to start a flame war, but I think adding forum mods too will help to control any spam the forum might eventually get, yes the captcha has been changed, but I do feel having at least someone or two to help watch the forum in case of spam or other issues is a very good idea

not fussed on how get the job, but someone or ones need to be added, just on the safe side,
Re: Forum Moderators

Having read the thread, I guess I don't see a flame war in the making, there. You guys were pretty good about acknowledging one another's points and the tone was kept pretty respectful. No one called anyone else stupid nor did they bring the Nazis into it. And in the final analysis, you guys agreed to disagree. I think if people's posts had been modhammered it would have turned *more* contentious, not less.

That said, as the community grows there will come a time when moderators will probably become necessary.

the problem is, right now, there are a few people on the ED comments thread, that will happily flame anyone for leaving, and the LT comments area was also criticised for been negative against ED, in PM, myself and Jason Schupfer agreed that the ED thread is too sensitive to be kept, we don't want a flame war, and if anyone says a bad thing against ED on the LT forums, it could, so having some forum mods will help to control the peace if this arises, the whole ED topic and discussion is starting to open a major can of worms, and been prepared is a good thing, just in case the worst do happen,

I also commented on the LT comments, to wanr people to stay off the subject of ED for this very reason

so really the ED thread needs to go, its too sensitive to be kept, and a few forum mods is a good idea anyway, especially when Josh isn't always here, so having someone to monitor the forum where he not here is a must for many reasons, including preventing spam as well, so there are some good reason to have a few forums mods added anyway

so really Im not talking about a flame war against existing members, but in case anyone from the ED community decide to join and flame LT for whatever reason, this is the kind of thing we are talking about and hopefully won't happen but needs to be prepared for in case it does

matthewfarmery wrote:so really the ED thread needs to go, its too sensitive to be kept
In my experience, people just need to be thwacked. Maybe bounced into the cell bars. Just a little.

I'm a moderator elsewhere and it's really rare that users need to be taken out back and ahh... but let's not talk about taking the trash out.

The simple fact of moderators being visible is enough to keep 99% of the forum users in check. Okay, maybe not in Kindergarten environments like WoW but that's not comparable.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Online Now