Return to “Suggestions”

Help with forums - suggestions

I was thinking that as the amount of people interested in the project is increasing dramatically, Josh will be eventually unable to read through all of the posts made to him. Most of the suggestions on the forums appear to be repeated throughout and would waste a lot of time, which is the critical resource at this stage in the project. The obvious solution to this problem is to have moderators who create dedicated forum strings acknowledging original user suggestions, who can respond to repeated questions etc.

I thought it might be sensible for people to identify if they had any interest in helping in this role (for Josh's sake) and any experience they had in this. It may require a large time commitment.

Apologies if I am retreading the same thread - comment as someone else... feel free to tell me!
Re: Help with forums - suggestions

That's definitely a good point chap, unfortunaltely it's clear that it is going to be difficult for Josh to organise all of this. As scope is rapidly increasing so was trying to get some potential candidate ideas for community management before it becomes a problem. Most Kickstarters end up spending a large time % on managing community so out-sourcing this to the community seemed logical.
Re: Help with forums - suggestions

Jambo wrote:That's definitely a good point chap, unfortunaltely it's clear that it is going to be difficult for Josh to organise all of this. As scope is rapidly increasing so was trying to get some potential candidate ideas for community management before it becomes a problem. Most Kickstarters end up spending a large time % on managing community so out-sourcing this to the community seemed logical.
Indeed and I think the best way to do that would be for Josh to ask a few of the active community members that he feels would do a good job if they want the position
FAQ | Kickstarter | IRC | Common Suggestions

Online Now