Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

Ahah Thank you !

Yes, it's my very first painting. I sometimes plays with a wacom, but in a very irregular basis (and it's been 3 years since she hadn't seen a usb port).

In fact, I feel the painting to be quite intuitive. You don't really need to know what you're doing to make something which is good looking.

Thanks for the comment Talvieno. I was experimenting something, but I agree with you it doesn't do the trick I was looking for.
Are you trying to scan my signature ?

Wow Diegetisor! Those splash effects are very good and the whole concept of the picture is very armonic. I'm sure you tried to use some techniques from your play time with the tablet, but achieving that quality in your first attempt with real painting tools is incredible. You should be proud if your work!

BFett, I like your new adds to your cockpit, looks very good!

Dinosawer, I've tried something similar some ten years ago. I still have my pics in a CD somewhere... maybe I should try to collect some art tries of my past (back then, when I really wanted to do something usefull with my free time... xD)
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Thank you guys !

Talvieno, I do love the scene ! I tried something along this way a few years ago (but only 2D)... I tried to make a website design in the theme of "Astrogation" (you know, miwing naviguation theme with space theme).

BFett, this HUD seems very cool ! I can't wait until I can try this in LT :D

Completely agree with Talvieno on your shading Dino !

Here is the last piece... A little less figurative. It was a hard one ! I wasn't satisfied at all with the first version. It didn't work like I wanted... The day after, I completely repaint the thing (so there is actually no hints of previous version on this canvas).
Are you trying to scan my signature ?
Attachments
IMG_0549_c.jpg
IMG_0549_c.jpg (249.92 KiB) Viewed 2469 times

Here's a new type of "hobby" for this thread, if you could call it that - programming. This is a throwaway game I wrote to acclimate myself to my new mouse. It's written in Java... I'm curious to see if it would work on anyone else's machine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bolf40nkkd9tc ... n.zip?dl=0

You get points based on a variety of things, such as how fast you click the circles after they spawn, how far apart they are from each other, how small they are, how fast they're moving, etc. Chaining them together really quickly (less than half a second between them or so) also gives you a bonus.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Oh hello guys, im finally more or less free in time.

Talvieno, your game actually made me nervous :D
Its fun for practice in reaction, thats for sure.
Oh and I really liked watches you made in 3d, just awesome.
As for animals, totally agree, and it doesn't matters if its 3d or 2d ;)

Diegetisor, nice watercolors, me likes, though I really want to see a bit more details on your painting, but its just me, even my painting teacher says that I draw too many details then required in painting and becomes overloaded. :P

Dino, nice to see your progression, do not stop.

And I have some new painting too. Image
I̲̩̳̺̩̫n̵̻̘͚͖̗͎ͅ ͢J̜̬̗̦o̩̘̦̪͕͉ͅs͞h̞͘ ̯̹͈͙w̯̙̥e̱͉ ̬̙̘̭̯̦͕t̹͖͔̖͘r͚̠̰͍͚̹ụ̸̭͍͕̯̹̙s̩͓̼̲̲͉̹t̰.̴͈̖͙̜̲

We will never forget the "Heavenly hundred"
Failures lead to success.

I'm at the very start of developing a mapping hobby, inspired by Dwarf Fortress (of course). ;)

WARNING: 4000 x 4000 pixel image!
Spoiler:      SHOW
Made in Inkscape. The land form part is a trace of a DF export image; the grid, though, involved much hours / tedious clicking / cups of coffee / epic music mixes.
I also started a blog about it, so that's a new thing for me too.
Last edited by Baile nam Fonn on Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Online Now