Return to “Games”

Re: Underworld Ascendant

Scytale wrote:Victor, would you believe I actually dreamt about having a conversation with you about this? Perfectly bizarre! In any case, unfortunately not, it's been harder to get my hands on it here than I'd thought. I will however keep looking and will let you know at the first possible opportunity!

Also, are we Face Dancers not allowed just a little um... False bonhomie? :P
Don't listen to all the nonsense, Scytale, if your Marmite was manufactured outside the UK it's not "proper" Marmite. :P

I'm not at all surprised by your dream conversation with me about Marmite. I was giving it some thought in a class while I was away and had decided to ask you about your opinion on my return. So much for the request during the session to "clear my mind". *chuckle*

As far as the Face Dancer question is concerned....it's a tough one in the sense that a "real" Face Dancer would be very hard to identify under normal circumstances. I don't have the Bene Gesserit training (for obvious reasons) so I could have met more than one in my lifetime. I can think of one or two who were possibly extra-terrestrial. Weird just isn't an adequate description for them. I'm a bit eccentric but nowhere near as strange as these individuals. :angel:

I've never even considered that yours may be false bonhomie. This probably indicates that you are a skilled and gifted Face Dancer. ;) :)

:shifty: Of course you will find some strange creatures in Underworld Ascendant. ( That's me making a serious attempt to drag this topic back onto the rails. :lol: ).

I feel very badly about not having made it on the Marmite, Victor! I intend to make a concerted effort again tomorrow. I will be attending an event so perhaps on my return I will manage it.

I intend to make good on this promise. With pictures, if possible.
This probably indicates that you are a skilled and gifted Face Dancer.
I'm inclined to say that the fact that you immediately identified me as a Face Dancer may argue against this :P
:shifty: Of course you will find some strange creatures in Underworld Ascendant. ( That's me making a serious attempt to drag this topic back onto the rails. :lol: ).
I'll bow out :P just know that the Bene Tleilax has many agents, perhaps even in Underworld Ascendant :P

Scytale wrote:I feel very badly about not having made it on the Marmite, Victor! I intend to make a concerted effort again tomorrow. I will be attending an event so perhaps on my return I will manage it.

I intend to make good on this promise. With pictures, if possible.
No need to feel bad, Scytale, but I am genuinely interested in your evaluation of the product. I can't see you loathing the taste but how does it compare with your usual stuff?

:o With pictures! You know what a sucker I am for a good visual presentation. :D

Edit: Erm...I'm sure the Shamblers would enjoy the rich savoury taste in their rotworm stew. :mrgreen:

Haha! I enjoyed that Victor.

News: on my way back today I did manage to get my hands on some Marmite made by Sanitarium, the Australasian company. This is almost certainly the Marmite Silverware was referring to. I think I'll make a three-way comparison once I find proper English Marmite.

I did also notice several other 'mites in that section of the supermarket. I regarded them with appropriately severe suspicion. I did also have the opportunity to purchase some Bovril, but I think that is testing the scope limits of this project.

Am considering writing the results of the report in journal paper format.

edit: for the record, I also got a small jar of good, honest Australian Vegemite for the purposes of comparison. I don't want any diehard Vegemite lovers here to accuse me of using an unduly old, unfresh sample of the stuff. Then again, these substances are of such a consistency and flavour that they are likely to remain edible until the end of time itself, so I'm not overly concerned. One must however maintain proper discipline in advancing the cause of science in this regard.

This is sounding like a thoroughly professional approach by you, Scytale. :thumbup:

:think: I should give Vegemite a try. I never really liked the taste of Bovril.

Now if you're talking eating raw Oxo cubes, I used to have an obsession for that. I still drink the stuff occasionally. Two Oxo cubes crumbled in a mug and add hot water. Superb on a cold Winter's day. :D

Edit: I'm sure the lizardmen would appreciate such a beverage. Although, it may be too hot for them. Perhaps the elves and dwarves would be better choices. :mrgreen:

The last email update for this kind of hinted or teased at the idea of ice caverns. I'm all in for that! I live in Ohio. I practically live in an igloo half of the year given the temperatures and snow sometimes (not as bad as other states but still more than anyone down south). :lol:

As for the Lizard men, I prefer the more humanoid ones mainly because I have the feeling that the other kind seems more sneaky or might ambush more. I like being sneaky and having something trying to outsneak my sneaks makes me less happy...even though I'd still love it :mrgreen:
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

The new design looks more like frog-men than lizard-men. I feel like the original ones from floor 3 of UW1 were perfect for what they were.

Thepa Yeshor'click, sseth. Sor'click eppa thepa.
Welcome to Limit Theory where everything is procedural and the post count doesn't matter. ~Grumblesaur
12 FPS on your abacus? Sheesh, check out Mr Moneybags here. I can squeeze maybe 5 FPS out of my potato, and that's when I'm overclocking it. ~ThymineC

ShadowTiger wrote:The new design looks more like frog-men than lizard-men. I feel like the original ones from floor 3 of UW1 were perfect for what they were.

Thepa Yeshor'click, sseth. Sor'click eppa thepa.
Haha I'm sure those who have played the older Ultima Games would agree. As for me, I haven't seen, played, or heard of Ultima until I came to these forums.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Charley_Deallus wrote:first game in my entire life that I will be part of an alpha for. :thumbup:
You have chosen... wisely. :)

The conversation is calming down a bit in those forums, it seems, but this is just the "working on the pipelines" time, which isn't all that exciting. As they start announcing more progress, I think we'll see the action pick up there.

Flatfingers wrote:
Charley_Deallus wrote:first game in my entire life that I will be part of an alpha for. :thumbup:
You have chosen... wisely. :)

The conversation is calming down a bit in those forums, it seems, but this is just the "working on the pipelines" time, which isn't all that exciting. As they start announcing more progress, I think we'll see the action pick up there.
I am a patient man.

Charley_Deallus wrote:The most satisfying feeling today: Filling out my backer information for Underworld Ascendant and seeing all of the loot that I got 8-)
Ahahaha, yyyeeesssss. So much yes. I'm on the loot page, and the scroll bar is barely an inch tall on this otherwise lengthy page. They really expanded everything quite a bit.

First signed box copy I'll ever have. Only one I'll ever need, hopefully.

EDIT: Actually, small chance I'll be getting one for War for the Overworld too. I don't remember. Eh, it was a buggy release anyway.
Welcome to Limit Theory where everything is procedural and the post count doesn't matter. ~Grumblesaur
12 FPS on your abacus? Sheesh, check out Mr Moneybags here. I can squeeze maybe 5 FPS out of my potato, and that's when I'm overclocking it. ~ThymineC

Charley_Deallus wrote:The most satisfying feeling today: Filling out my backer information for Underworld Ascendant and seeing all of the loot that I got 8-)
Imagine all the loot!!

Actually, during the final hours of the Kickstarter, I upped my pledge from $25 to $35. Just recently I realised, I had been charged for both sums, for a total of $60. But only $35 shows up on Backerkit :S Hopefully, they will sort this out so I can spend those $25 on even more loot :D
old-fashioned :ghost:

ShadowTiger wrote:
Ahahaha, yyyeeesssss. So much yes. I'm on the loot page, and the scroll bar is barely an inch tall on this otherwise lengthy page. They really expanded everything quite a bit.

First signed box copy I'll ever have. Only one I'll ever need, hopefully.

EDIT: Actually, small chance I'll be getting one for War for the Overworld too. I don't remember. Eh, it was a buggy release anyway.
I passed on all physical rewards.
a) I don't have any room at my place.
b) I have no CD drive on my rig, so getting a physical copy of the game would be more for show...and it would take up space and I would end up selling it to one of you nut jobs :P
c) I'm not a materialistic guy :lol: :ghost:

I'm not either, to be honest. I just really, really wanted to support them. I just honestly cannot possibly convey the level to which I am excited about a new Underworld game. It gets me far too giddy. I'm so happy the Kickstarter succeeded. I wish it had broken the multi-million dollar mark, but we can't have it all, I suppose.

I don't know what I'll do with the physical swag. I know who two of my three copies of the digital game are going to, but... eh...

When in doubt, tape stuff to the ceiling.

Online Now