Return to “Games”

Re: Cities: Skylines

TGS wrote:Not meant to be mean but is it just me or is it weird that they have made an expansion based around a feature that probably should have existed in the base game? Lol.
I think it's fair enough - just because disasters exist in base versions of other citybuilding games doesn't mean it should be here. Cities made up for the deficiency compared to the others by just being better...

...at least that's my understanding. I haven't actually played it. Please correct me if I'm wrong (PCMIIW, I'm totally using that as an initialism)

Scytale wrote:
TGS wrote:Not meant to be mean but is it just me or is it weird that they have made an expansion based around a feature that probably should have existed in the base game? Lol.
I think it's fair enough - just because disasters exist in base versions of other citybuilding games doesn't mean it should be here. Cities made up for the deficiency compared to the others by just being better...

...at least that's my understanding. I haven't actually played it. Please correct me if I'm wrong (PCMIIW, I'm totally using that as an initialism)
It's sort of so. It got everything right, and the dev team was conscientious enough to patch in a bunch of stuff like tunnels free, because they felt it's supposed to be part of the base game. I don't feel like they don't deserve to sell After Dark as an expansion, since it expands heavily on the features of a game that feels complete standalone. Plus they also release a handful of free stuff in a content patch along with the release, so you get a taste without buying.

I'm just hoping they don't get as brutal as Paradox goes with EU.
panic

Well, I gave the game a shot. I came inches away from killing everyone with ground pollution from stupid things like putting the water tower next to the factories, forgetting to power the landfill, and similar dummy stuff. :monkey: It's a LOT harder to deal with pollution and utilities than in Anno 2070 - and I love that! :thumbup:
I also nearly went broke, but saved my bacon at the last second. Hopefully I can maintain a positive income long enough to build up a cash pillow with which to actually build things... :ghost:
Now I just have to find out how to stop the spreading ground pollution from the industrial section, since I put it... well... right next to the houses... :oops:
Overall, this was TOTALLY worth a month of slaving at DoP! :squirrel:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

IronDuke wrote:Well, I gave the game a shot. I came inches away from killing everyone with ground pollution from stupid things like putting the water tower next to the factories, forgetting to power the landfill, and similar dummy stuff. :monkey: It's a LOT harder to deal with pollution and utilities than in Anno 2070 - and I love that! :thumbup:
I also nearly went broke, but saved my bacon at the last second. Hopefully I can maintain a positive income long enough to build up a cash pillow with which to actually build things... :ghost:
Now I just have to find out how to stop the spreading ground pollution from the industrial section, since I put it... well... right next to the houses... :oops:
Overall, this was TOTALLY worth a month of slaving at DoP! :squirrel:

--IronDuke
I haven't played this game in ages, I really should fire it up again. It's fun, but I struggle to get into it. After you've played 3-5 really long games and have unlocked everything and gotten a fairly large city it kind of feels like "Been there done that don't need to do it again" for me.

I just keep expanding upon my city, I very quickly dropped a hundred hours into this city, still expanding. It becomes more challenging everytime I "come back" to look it over. As it ends up more and more complex of a city each time I come back. It's kind of like a new Mayor comes in and turns the previous plans around, it's amusing.
:D

Online Now