Return to “Creative Writing”

Re: Comments on "Small Choices - an EVE-Chronicle-esque"

Talvieno wrote:I'm going to edit the chapter tomorrow. :) It's written up, for the most part, just needs revising/polishing.

In the meantime, what do people think of this ship?
I like it. The wings could be extended slightly, the container could be drawn into the center a bit more, the large head could be flattened somewhat, but other then that, it's not a bad design. :thumbup:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Victor Tombs wrote:Fair enough, Nathan. I am certainly interested in the progression of your model to its completion. It's a shame we don't have a current LTFC. :angel:

So is Sofie the name of the ship or your latest girlfriend? :mrgreen:

Just kidding
No, my girlfriend's name is actually very different from Sofie, although her name has French origins as well. :lol: This is the ship Hraden pilots. I know it's not the prettiest ship there is, but then, it's not supposed to be. It's a fairly different design than that of Odgen's ships, and something most Odgenians would consider ugly, but it has a different sort of beauty to it, which is what I'd intended.
Idunno wrote: I like it. The wings could be extended slightly, the container could be drawn into the center a bit more, the large head could be flattened somewhat, but other then that, it's not a bad design. :thumbup:
The container is also part engines. Mostly engines, actually. As to the large head, it has a large cockpit. :P (yes, there is actually an interior to that model; it's not just a solid shell.) As to the wings... I could extend them, yes. Do you mean as in, they ought to be longer, or as in, they ought to go farther out to the sides?
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Dinosawer wrote:I think Tal just likes 3D modelling :ghost:
Tal does. :oops: But, also, the design's been floating around in my mind and skewing itself depending on where I looked at it from, and I wanted it to be spatially realistic - i.e., unlike the Normandy II from Mass Effect which was notorious for being "bigger on the inside" when people tried to model it. :P The design I threw up there is actually based around the design I had in mind for the cockpit - the rest of the ship morphed to fit that. I don't think I expected such a large bulb on the front.

For Lum: Image Thoughts?

The difference here is, Sofie isn't meant to be a mining hauler, and she even says as much to Hraden:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Sofie wrote:"... Most glaringly, you've attached transfer beams to a militant subcommand vessel, and re-purposed the sleeping quarters as raw matter containment areas. ..."
Note: I'm not sure what a militant subcommand vessel is. It sounds nice though. And it clearly isn't supposed to be a mining hauler. :P
So he's packing ore into what would've been his bed, I guess. :P Kind of like the bunk bed here (blue thing): Image
Victor Tombs wrote:Am I missing something here, Nathan? I know you are planning to publish a printed book of your novel and hopefully my audiobook at a latter stage, do you also intend to include illustrations or plates in the publication?

Are you perhaps thinking of merchandise similar to the Constellation model CIG produced for Star Citizen?

:o Maybe even a game! :o
Still planning on the audiobook and printed novel. Maybe illustrations. :P I've also considered 3d printing models (because why not?). Not sure about the game, though... Maybe if Josh wants to lend a hand. :lol: Or we can just mod LT to have stuff like this. It's pretty close to LT anyway.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now