Return to “Games”

Re: Homeworld Franchise

TanC wrote:So...it looks like Gearbox bought Homeworld.

http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2013/04 ... q-auction/

Oh boy...Homeworld-based shooters anyone? Maybe a run-and-gun mission aboard a Hiigaran destroyer? :lol:
as Gearbox are nothing but a console dev, you can rest assured that the next homeworld game will be a co op based FPS

so its goodbye to the franchise we all knew and love

I can't say I'm happy with this news, and on another forum I belong too, the news didn't go down well either, especially after the crap that they did with Aliens:CM so I think another stunt like that will be highly probable

but yeah, a FPS I think is what they will turn it into

Raising this topic from the dead, for those interested.

Article: http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/14/541151 ... ware-games
(Scroll down to "Homeworld")

Some quotes:

"So we invested a lot to remaster the original Homeworld and Homeworld 2. We'll be releasing them on digital platforms in fully remastered — not just ported to work, but fully remastered. If you have a new crazy-ass Nvidia 780TI or an Nvidia Titan and you happen to have one of those $3,000 4K monitors, you're going to see an unbelievable image."

"We went nuts in the high-definition treatment on this," he said. "It's really UHD, not just HD. That's too low. We got with the original audio guys and remastered all the audio. It's really impressive."

Huh. I guess now I'll get to see what the hoopla over Homeworld was all about. (Never played either, for some reason.)

Also: would someone please ask Gearbox to obtain the rights from EA and that insurance company and give the original System Shock the same UHD treatment? No fiddling around with the gameplay (other than built-in WASD+mouselook), just super-remastered graphics and audio.

I'd like that quite a lot. I'd also really like it if other people could enjoy System Shock in a more playable form, so that they could understand why it is worth raving about.

Flatfingers wrote:Huh. I guess now I'll get to see what the hoopla over Homeworld was all about. (Never played either, for some reason.)

Also: would someone please ask Gearbox to obtain the rights from EA and that insurance company and give the original System Shock the same UHD treatment? No fiddling around with the gameplay (other than built-in WASD+mouselook), just super-remastered graphics and audio.

I'd like that quite a lot. I'd also really like it if other people could enjoy System Shock in a more playable form, so that they could understand why it is worth raving about.
IDK why but SS2 is in top of my fav RPGs, but not SS1 :? it just didnt make me happy. :)

As for HW i never finished the first one but i do still play HW2 with mods (complex mod and starwars mod)
HW2 in its original state has very deeeeeeep atmosphere, unique sounds and graphics, cutscenes between missions was like watching a movie.
I even had tears on my eyes when mothership gone boom. :(
I̲̩̳̺̩̫n̵̻̘͚͖̗͎ͅ ͢J̜̬̗̦o̩̘̦̪͕͉ͅs͞h̞͘ ̯̹͈͙w̯̙̥e̱͉ ̬̙̘̭̯̦͕t̹͖͔̖͘r͚̠̰͍͚̹ụ̸̭͍͕̯̹̙s̩͓̼̲̲͉̹t̰.̴͈̖͙̜̲

We will never forget the "Heavenly hundred"
Failures lead to success.

Shuul wrote:IDK why but SS2 is in top of my fav RPGs, but not SS1 :? it just didnt make me happy. :)
Well, there's no accounting for taste. ;)

Was it the gameplay of SS that didn't feel as much fun for you as in SS2? Or the levels? Or the graphics, or the control interface?

I still replay SS2; it's brilliant in many ways. Even so, the original was amazing in its own ways -- it's just really hard to play now, even with better than 320x200 graphics and a mouselook mod.
Shuul wrote:I even had tears on my eyes when mothership gone boom. :(
So, spoilers then? :silent:

Online Now