Return to “General”

Re: The Road to the Beta Series!

Flatfingers wrote: So your feeling is that "Josh said" counts as satisfactory evidence that we can expect to see more info before beta?
we have never had any evidence more substantual up to this point. it has always been "josh said" ... hence the need for him to say something to us again... soon.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
- Bjarne Stroustrup

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."
- Paul Erdos (1913-1996)

Despite what Josh said, the less we see him the more time he puts into LT. The more time put into LT the sooner we get to play LT. Let's try to keep it positive for Josh's sake and our own. I have faith that progress is being made and that every day without an update from Josh is a day where he was able to squeeze another new concept into the LTSL.

BFett wrote:Despite what Josh said, the less we see him the more time he puts into LT. The more time put into LT the sooner we get to play LT. Let's try to keep it positive for Josh's sake and our own. I have faith that progress is being made and that every day without an update from Josh is a day where he was able to squeeze another new concept into the LTSL.
less time on forums = more time coding ... very true, but i doubt the extra time is going to outweigh the negativity of the lack of a presence on the forums.

it only takes a few seconds to post a devlog, i'm willing to wait a few extra moments for the game.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
- Bjarne Stroustrup

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."
- Paul Erdos (1913-1996)

BFett wrote:Despite what Josh said, the less we see him the more time he puts into LT. The more time put into LT the sooner we get to play LT. Let's try to keep it positive for Josh's sake and our own. I have faith that progress is being made and that every day without an update from Josh is a day where he was able to squeeze another new concept into the LTSL.
Yeah, I agree with this. Josh can update if he wants, or he can not. It's his game, and if he wants his next post to be "Beta is releasing tomorrow" then so be it.
Updates are nice, but Beta is nicer.
You have disobeyed God. Now you must pay the consequence.
[/i]

*Excerpt from MyNameWuzTaken's survival journal*

Day #1 - Things are tense at the camp. The weekly rations didn't arrive today. It's not like it's uncommon for drops to be late, but still... The war was supposed to be won by now. With no victory in sight and with the "weekly" drops coming in later and later, the camp is dividing into two parties. The Joshuits continue to sing the praises of the empire, while rebellion stirs in the seedier parts of the camp. I'm not sure which group I belong to yet. I just know I have a duty to my wife and my sweet Rebecca. I'm not sure I can handle having to tell them that we will go hungry gain tonight.

Day #2 - Still no drop. We had to break out some of our stores. The Joshuites and the Separatists had a fight over whether we would re-watch Dev- update #17 or Dev- update #20, and then they couldn't decide which week of of the Dev-logs should be read at the daily reading. One of the Separatists pulled a gun on a Joshuit for being a "fanboy". He was banned immediately. It was... horrible. I've never seen someone banned before. There was blood everywhere.

Day #4 - Yesterday was a busy day. Several of the Joshuits staged a raid on the Separatist side of camp during the night. I was recruited by the Moderators to help with the clean up. There were a few injured in the fighting, but no casualties, thank Josh. It was exhausting and I didnt have time to write after the day's labor. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Today I didn't even get out of bed to go watch for the supply drop. The mood in the camp is infectious, and the Joshuits continuous preaching on every forum topic isn't helping. Eventually it just starts to sound... like a lot of Bullshit. The Empires intentions aren't important. If the drop comes too late, we'll all have starved. Dear Josh I'm starting to sound like a separatist. I just wish things could be like in the old days when we had a supply drop every day, even if it was only a small one. It was just nice to know that... That Josh isn't KILL.

Day #5 - Probably one of the better days of waiting. The pressure is off. I went down to the suggestions forums and bought a bunch of theory crafting. Its insane how good this stuff is. Half of it doesnt make sense and doesn't contribute to the empire or the camp, but man does it help pass the time. I haven't therycrafted in a long time, and I ended up a little bit sick. I can already tell I'm gonna have a headache tomorrow, which sucks because Its my turn to watch for the drop.

Day #6 - Rebecca asked me today why Josh doesn't love us anymore. I told her That Josh did love us, he's just gone north for a while. Then I held her and we cried.

Day #7 - Everyone is getting a little weak. We had to put off grocery shopping, bathing, and gaming today because we just didn't have the energy. My wife and I fought over the next Dev-update and I stormed out, but couldn't make it to the end of the street before the depression made me go home and get back into bed.

Day #8 - I think the neighbor's are watching me from their windows. I was watching all of the Dev updates in order today when I saw someone watching from the window. It was another forum user. I hope they aren't coming to take my Dev Updates.

Day #9 - Early this morning, someone hacked my computer to get my high res updates. They didn't leave anything. I screamed at my monitor for hours, but it didn't help. "They're available for free online!" I said. They didn't listen. Now its all gone. Then, to kick me while I was down, they uploaded a copy of X-rebirth to my hardrive... IN THE SAME STATE IT WAS RELEASED IN. I swear everyone in the camp is losing their humanity.

Day #10 - I'm sick of trains. I logged in today and there were trains everywhere. I never thought I'd see the day when I would wish for an "I haz Cheezburger" meme, but that day has come. I HATE trains. All trains should die. Except maybe a train picture with "I Haz Cheezburger" underneath it. I could probably handle that.

*To be continued...*

MyNameWuzTaken wrote:
Spoiler:      SHOW

Day #1 - Things are tense at the camp. The weekly rations didn't arrive today. It's not like it's uncommon for drops to be late, but still... The war was supposed to be won by now. With no victory in sight and with the "weekly" drops coming in later and later, the camp is dividing into two parties. The Joshuits continue to sing the praises of the empire, while rebellion stirs in the seedier parts of the camp. I'm not sure which group I belong to yet. I just know I have a duty to my wife and my sweet Rebecca. I'm not sure I can handle having to tell them that we will go hungry gain tonight.

Day #2 - Still no drop. We had to break out some of our stores. The Joshuites and the Separatists had a fight over whether we would re-watch Dev- update #17 or Dev- update #20, and then they couldn't decide which week of of the Dev-logs should be read at the daily reading. One of the Separatists pulled a gun on a Joshuit for being a "fanboy". He was banned immediately. It was... horrible. I've never seen someone banned before. There was blood everywhere.

Day #4 - Yesterday was a busy day. Several of the Joshuits staged a raid on the Separatist side of camp during the night. I was recruited by the Moderators to help with the clean up. There were a few injured in the fighting, but no casualties, thank Josh. It was exhausting and I didnt have time to write after the day's labor. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Today I didn't even get out of bed to go watch for the supply drop. The mood in the camp is infectious, and the Joshuits continuous preaching on every forum topic isn't helping. Eventually it just starts to sound... like a lot of Bullshit. The Empires intentions aren't important. If the drop comes too late, we'll all have starved. Dear Josh I'm starting to sound like a separatist. I just wish things could be like in the old days when we had a supply drop every day, even if it was only a small one. It was just nice to know that... That Josh isn't KILL.

Day #5 - Probably one of the better days of waiting. The pressure is off. I went down to the suggestions forums and bought a bunch of theory crafting. Its insane how good this stuff is. Half of it doesnt make sense and doesn't contribute to the empire or the camp, but man does it help pass the time. I haven't therycrafted in a long time, and I ended up a little bit sick. I can already tell I'm gonna have a headache tomorrow, which sucks because Its my turn to watch for the drop.

Day #6 - Rebecca asked me today why Josh doesn't love us anymore. I told her That Josh did love us, he's just gone north for a while. Then I held her and we cried.

Day #7 - Everyone is getting a little weak. We had to put off grocery shopping, bathing, and gaming today because we just didn't have the energy. My wife and I fought over the next Dev-update and I stormed out, but couldn't make it to the end of the street before the depression made me go home and get back into bed.

Day #8 - I think the neighbor's are watching me from their windows. I was watching all of the Dev updates in order today when I saw someone watching from the window. It was another forum user. I hope they aren't coming to take my Dev Updates.

Day #9 - Early this morning, someone hacked my computer to get my high res updates. They didn't leave anything. I screamed at my monitor for hours, but it didn't help. "They're available for free online!" I said. They didn't listen. Now its all gone. Then, to kick me while I was down, they uploaded a copy of X-rebirth to my hardrive... IN THE SAME STATE IT WAS RELEASED IN. I swear everyone in the camp is losing their humanity.

Day #10 - I'm sick of trains. I logged in today and there were trains everywhere. I never thought I'd see the day when I would wish for an "I haz Cheezburger" meme, but that day has come. I HATE trains. All trains should die. Except maybe a train picture with "I Haz Cheezburger" underneath it. I could probably handle that.

*To be continued...*
You sir, should be nominated to write these are our replacement for dev log updates. Very well done. :clap: :clap:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:
MyNameWuzTaken wrote:

*To be continued...*
You sir, should be nominated to write these are our replacement for dev log updates. Very well done. :clap: :clap:
That would be hilarious. I will write them occasionally when forum activity inspires me

MyNameWuzTaken wrote:*Excerpt from MyNameWuzTaken's survival journal*

*To be continued...*
:lol: That was great. Can't wait for the next installation. :clap:
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

MyNameWuzTaken wrote:
DWMagus wrote:
MyNameWuzTaken wrote:

*To be continued...*
That would be hilarious. I will write them occasionally when forum activity inspires me
Do eeeet. Now where's that train picture.....?

Online Now