Return to “Announcements”

Re: The Road to the Beta Series!

Dinosawer wrote:Long live chrome
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jo ... sts/364784
(Correct update)
A bit of both, actually.
:thumbup: Thanks!

And Josh did say "Contact System," but also talked about contracts as "proposals."

Now I'm back to hoping that, as important as the ship handling/interface stuff is, we'll soon start seeing RTB updates on how characters (including ours) will interact with each other in ways that don't involve unleashing hot electric death in the other's general direction.

Flatfingers wrote:Now I'm back to hoping that, as important as the ship handling/interface stuff is, we'll soon start seeing RTB updates on how characters (including ours) will interact with each other in ways that don't involve unleashing hot electric death in the other's general direction.
And did you notice how enthusiastic I was in my comment way back then, Flat. :angel: The character stuff has always been of importance to me. We are not so different in what we like. ;)

Zanteogo wrote:
Just my opinion, new models for stuff that already has models does not need to be done until after beta has been released. (and sometimes not until after the game has been released) A prime example for me would be the trade lanes being graphically upgraded with a few minor gameplay differences to warp rails. I'm hoping he doesn't have anymore lucid dream idea breakthroughs to cause him to drift off track.

As always, I am would never think to tell Josh what to do. It's his game and all that stuff. I just want to do my small part to try to keep him on track so he actually finishs his game and moves on with his life at some point. ;)
What precisely he works on doesn't really matter to me, so long as it is something new and substantial for gameplay and fleshing out the beautiful bones LT is right now... If he's still just tweaking graphics or getting the HUD to cook your dinner, then RTB is meaningless, nothing has changed except his presentation.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

If I were to speculate I'd say Josh was working on production. I'd also guess that he's maybe a third or even half of the way there and he wants do do a big reveal. But I may be completely off the ball and these may only be hopes of mine.. :angel:
A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.

In magenta we trust

Basmannen wrote:If I were to speculate I'd say Josh was working on production. I'd also guess that he's maybe a third or even half of the way there and he wants do do a big reveal. But I may be completely off the ball and these may only be hopes of mine.. :angel:
Your speculation is as valid as anyone else's, Basmannen. I tend to agree with you concerning a reveal as Josh does have a penchant for that way of working.

Hopes are all any of us have until the coding maestro decides to sing. :angel:

I hope it's a song with plenty of passion and features the type of drumming he enjoys. :D

Online Now