Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

Talvieno wrote:Very nice BFett!! I love what you've done with it - your version is definitely the better of the two. I almost want to offer to help mute the blue, but I think you've got it under control. :P
Thanks for the complement. Regarding muting the blue, is that in reference to the vizor? If so I could certainly make it darker so it more accurately reflects my profile picture.

BFett wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Very nice BFett!! I love what you've done with it - your version is definitely the better of the two. I almost want to offer to help mute the blue, but I think you've got it under control. :P
Thanks for the complement. Regarding muting the blue, is that in reference to the vizor? If so I could certainly make it darker so it more accurately reflects my profile picture.
Nope, it was regarding muting the blue edges that still remain here and there around the picture, particularly near the ridges in the armor.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
BFett wrote:
Nope, it was regarding muting the blue edges that still remain here and there around the picture, particularly near the ridges in the armor.
Do you think I should make it yellow or grey it out to make it look like battle damage?

I agree with Talvieno on the battle damage, BFett. I hate it when shiny stuff gets beaten up in movies. It may be cool in some instances but I always applaud the reappearance of the restored R2-D2 in the original Star Wars film. Battle damage has its place but I also like Iron Man looking buff, shiny and new. Much more intimidating. :angel:

It's not realistic I know but I would never want a suit of medieval armour in my collection which wasn't perfect. ;)

Damage equates to vulnerability and I can't see your character in that role. :mrgreen:

Another bit of art. I needed some winding down after today, so I've been drawing for a while.
It's Demi, the protagonist of the game Cloudbuilt. Just the drawing for now. I'll colour it later, but I already liked the drawing, so there. (I usually hate my initial drawings and smear digital paint on them until I'm satisfied :ghost: )
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Looks like a Chainmail Bikini. :P Very well done, though. I'll say this for you - you're very, very good at drawing human figures. This has a lot more detail than the ones on your last contest entry - I'm glad you posted it up here. :) She does look like she's nine, though - not sure what it is, something about the face, or possibly the build... I don't have a firm enough grasp of the human anatomy to know exactly why it looks that way to me, unfortunately.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Dio The Creative wrote:This isn't limit theory, but I'm particularly proud of this model. I hope it's okay.
That looks like something from Robotech. It looks good anyway. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Dio The Creative wrote:
Idunno wrote: That looks like something from Robotech. It looks good anyway. :ghost:
It is something from a game called RoboCraft, so you were close. It is not exactly from a game though, everything is modeled and rendered from my computer.
Ever so close. I really like the treads though. Brings out the flavour. :ghost: :thumbup:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Today I wondered if I could change the white and black LT icon into something kind of neat looking. Here's what I came up with.
Spoiler:      SHOW
This doesn't look too bad as a 64x64 or 32x32 bit icon. Any suggestions are welcome.

(I hope you don't mind Josh, this is just for fun)

Online Now