Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Random

And so the Elder Council grows just that little bit Older...

:ghost:

Congrats Kitsune. :thumbup: :clap:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Image You know it's true. :twisted:
Image I find myself with a new appreciation for car companies. :ghost: Image And people wonder why I enjoy looking at German vehicles so much. :shifty: Image Repent sinners! :angel:
Last edited by Idunno on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Oh hey, tanks.

Please don't forget that Germans also considered using a Panther chassis for a recon vehicle (what a grand idea!), and that the Panther was already a medium tank more massive and heavier than most heavy tanks of the era. Or that they put a naval gun on rails. Or that they thought the best use for mostly wrecked bombers would be using them as payload for a FW-190. Yeah. Go big or go home!
panic

Mistycica wrote:Or that they thought the best use for mostly wrecked bombers would be using them as payload for a FW-190. Yeah. Go big or go home!
Yo Dawg. :ghost:

So, necro, and lots of whining ahead.

A month ago, my classy six month old Corsair RM 650 power supply died. Weird since it's a reliable piece, hopefully nothing else fried, but hey that's what five years of warranty is for! Take it back to the shop, they accept it. Fast forward right now, a month after, nothing. They claim the dead unit is shipped to a 'manufacturer provided service' for repairs, and since they have a backlog, I gotta wait.

Ticket to Corsair, maybe they can tell me more? No, they cannot track units, but if the shop sent it to them, the replacement would already be here, they say. The shop never offered a replacement in the first place. Send another ticket, ask them if this policy here is theirs.

A bit more info: PSUs are notoriously hard to repair, so replacing them after the fault is confirmed is the standard procedure, repairs are almost never done. Shops here are obliged to try and do a replacement/repair in 15 work days, any later than that and you can demand a refund. You almost never ship to the manufacturer directly, since it's a thousand mile trip for a seven pound device, possibly cost more than a new one. The USD climbed so high, if I accepted a refund, I'd have to pay 15 bucks extra for a new unit.

So, apparently, my shop either didn't ship the stuff to Corsair and does dubious third party repairs, or they did, and swallowed up the replacement, selling it at a higher price than my refund they will generously offer later. They already denied replacing a pair of headphones dead out of the box for me once, with the faulty hardware gone and the sale price refunded. Pay 50% more for a new one! Grand eh. I wanna do ugly destructive things.

Anyone with any ideas on how this could be resolved reasonably advantageously for me?
panic

Online Now