Yeah i'm also excited, sorry for the long pause.
I've got a lot of family time the last weeks and my old addiction currently kicks in (minecraft). So i had not much time to work on it.
2. Are the schematics for different components and devices pregenerated? Or randomly generated? I'm wondering how a blueprint "knows" which inputs are accepted/required.
3. If they're randomly generated, I guess we'll have to wait to see the LTSL code for that.
4. If schematics are pregenerated, there might be an opportunity for forum members to help out by suggesting schematics. We'd need some idea of raw inputs as well as functional output features, but with those we could perhaps crank out enough constructible objects to fill a game.
The first low level tiers will be pregenerated (perhaps with a small randomness) but through the research process modified. Regarding on what you try to enhance the inputs for the blueprint will differ.
- Higher complexity => More rare materials
- Bigger => More of all materials
- Higher energy efficiency => E.g. more wires
Research will not be not done with strict rules, there will be some kind of randomness
Regarding materials: Soon ^^
a) How about we review the vids that Josh has created, and review all ore that the AI knows how to mine?
Only checked the last video, catched two ot them. I won't use older vids, cause Josh said there will be changes
But these are currently only names (which can be changed easily). But the prices are kinda interesting, they'll change a lot
b) From there, we can contrast/compare with the likes of Eve Online to create base materials for basic materials
(I recommend a predetermined meet in IRC via the unofficial LT chat)
I've created an excel list for the items (including a lot of dummy materials) but i'm not finished yet.
Had another idea to this topic but i don't know how Josh will include fractions. How many there will be, etc.
The idea is to split materials and sort them after regions/fractions. Some items will belong to one group, some to another. Depending in which region you are it is likely to get different groups of tech items becaus they are cheaper.
But therefore i guess i have to wait for RTB.
And another problem occurs: Currently i have not enough materials and production items to group them into regions.
c) Review what we have to create a functional object as n-joy has created as per above
(the idea being that we create a template that may or may not be accurate, but it's sure going to be fun to envisage/explore)
d) An addendum could be to write an LTSL script (when 1.0 is released) that can visualise these inputs/outputs so as to maximise one's manufacturing line based on x,y,z inputs and their associated outputs as determined by g,h,i
Yep, currently working on it.
Google Sheets is mighty (too) and will calculate the costs.