Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT forum ART and Hobby Center

Lum wrote:
Gazz wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:Tatooine, snowglider, in space.

AAARGH.

SO MUCH WRONGNESS.
Yup, that's evil.

Like that Star Trek quote:

Do or do not. There is no try
- Dumbledore
Oh, I know that quote! That was before young Padawan Sauron went through the Stargate to save Narnia, right?
From the evil forces of the Decepticons? :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Well that was fun, now back on topic.

I've been working for about a year now on editing this section 8 game concept art to match what I envision my avatar would look like if you could see the front body.

Where I'm at:
Spoiler:      SHOW
The base model I'm working from:
Spoiler:      SHOW

That are great pieces of art, i loved "eggshell" very much.
So, how you made white blank parts? Masking fluid?
Space theme with watercolors seems to capture my attention for nearest few months :)
I̲̩̳̺̩̫n̵̻̘͚͖̗͎ͅ ͢J̜̬̗̦o̩̘̦̪͕͉ͅs͞h̞͘ ̯̹͈͙w̯̙̥e̱͉ ̬̙̘̭̯̦͕t̹͖͔̖͘r͚̠̰͍͚̹ụ̸̭͍͕̯̹̙s̩͓̼̲̲͉̹t̰.̴͈̖͙̜̲

We will never forget the "Heavenly hundred"
Failures lead to success.

Shuul wrote:That are great pieces of art, i loved "eggshell" very much.
So, how you made white blank parts? Masking fluid?
Space theme with watercolors seems to capture my attention for nearest few months :)
Thank you shuul. had a great deal of fun working on them

for the space work yes I did use a liquid frisket. the small white stars are made by taking an x acto knife and very very carefully tearing the upper surface of the paper. It only rally works with high weight paper.

Frisket is a little too fine for stars, even using the toothbrush spray method.
My art: http://starryspelunker.deviantart.com/

StarrySpelunker wrote:
Frisket is a little too fine for stars, even using the toothbrush spray method.
Yeah, I had bad luck using it for starts, so I go with plain white guash instead.

Here, I made some postcards for my guests on New Year celebrations:
I̲̩̳̺̩̫n̵̻̘͚͖̗͎ͅ ͢J̜̬̗̦o̩̘̦̪͕͉ͅs͞h̞͘ ̯̹͈͙w̯̙̥e̱͉ ̬̙̘̭̯̦͕t̹͖͔̖͘r͚̠̰͍͚̹ụ̸̭͍͕̯̹̙s̩͓̼̲̲͉̹t̰.̴͈̖͙̜̲

We will never forget the "Heavenly hundred"
Failures lead to success.

Very nice BFett!! I love what you've done with it - your version is definitely the better of the two. I almost want to offer to help mute the blue, but I think you've got it under control. :P

StarrySpelunker - very pretty! :thumbup: I love the pastels - Stella Mare and Eggshell are both amazing. I like Stella Mare especially - it's something I wouldn't mind hanging on my wall, I think. Glad to see you back! :)

Those cards are pretty good too, Shuul! Especially as quick New Year party favors, as I think you're saying you used them for. I like it! Makes me wonder what I'd look like on one of those... probably something similar to the guy in the white shirt. :P
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now