Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT update anticipation thread

Zakalwe wrote:Well it's Josh's game, he's putting all the hard work in and he has every right to decide on the course he takes.
However, all this
"It's coming out!"
"No it isn't"
stuff over the last couple of weeks has become pretty annoying. Think it would be better if the Dev logs didn't keep alluding to the timing of the updates, just stick em out when he's happy with his progress. I would prefer the surprise factor to all the false starts.
Agreed. Also, Zakalwe, your board name is excellent.

Dear Josh,

I can't wait for this game. I mean it. I can no longer wait! :-)

Look, I understand this is your baby. And you've nurtured it well. I've followed the development logs. Dude, I'm impressed! Your skills of problem solving, programming,
and knowledge acquisition are extraordinary. I'm definitely a follower. I hate I missed the Kickstarter campaign.

But at this point, I need to play LT! Now I'm thinking, you should get some help maybe and bang it out? Sooner rather than later.

I have to admit, I know absolutely nothing about the trials of developing an awesome space sim or the cost except what you post in your dev logs. But from the past
updated vids, you are so close we all can taste it. I already have plans for my gameplay. I know the others will agree, especially those of us who hang on to the end of every month
with baited breath for the update vids.

Just a thought. No hate. :-)

Shawn

Welcome to the forums mimsshawn. It has been discussed previously about other developers and that isn't going to happen until the modders get their hands on it. Also at this stage it would probably set the release date back as Josh would have to teach and manage the new guy causing his productivity to drop!

We are all excited and can't wait for it to ship. :D I think Josh more-so than most, especially with the pressure from the community! If he pushes it out before it is ready though, it would degrade the experience (as other space sim games seem to be going). Best to dream in the meantime and get the product we want. (at least I didn't say "It's finished when it's finished.")
LTP Fleet Battles on Youtube

aspman wrote:Welcome to the forums mimsshawn. It has been discussed previously about other developers and that isn't going to happen until the modders get their hands on it. Also at this stage it would probably set the release date back as Josh would have to teach and manage the new guy causing his productivity to drop!

We are all excited and can't wait for it to ship. :D I think Josh more-so than most, especially with the pressure from the community! If he pushes it out before it is ready though, it would degrade the experience (as other space sim games seem to be going). Best to dream in the meantime and get the product we want. (at least I didn't say "It's finished when it's finished.")
Thanks for the welcome, aspman. I agree wholeheartedly. Having been a silent follower for about 10 months and the release date being pushed out, I had to say something at this point. I definitely want a good game, especially after the whole X-Rebirth thing. It too is making progress though. But LT is something all together different. I'm seeing it as having a legacy like Wing Commander, X3, and the old Elite. I think we'll be in our 50's and 60's talking about LT.

Well if you get in really quick...
http://www.nasa.gov/ is showing the launch of the orion. As of this posting, it is currently t- 3 minutes but the count is being held for wind.

It is arguably more exciting than the update video :shifty:
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Baile nam Fonn wrote:This'll be my first time watching a space launch stream! :D
Hyped. :P
Me too! My god, that constant saying "t-4 minutes thirty seconds", and then "t-4 minutes in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, time". "T minus 4 minutes and counting"... Holy crap that builds up hype!
Last edited by Hyperion on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Online Now