Return to “Scripting & Modding”

Re: Mod Ideas

Shield Guns

You fire a projectile which explodes into a stationary shield bubble after x meters.

Good for intercepting large projectiles and heavy torpedoes, not so good against many little bullets.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Gazz wrote:Shield Guns

You fire a projectile which explodes into a stationary shield bubble after x meters.

Good for intercepting large projectiles and heavy torpedoes, not so good against many little bullets.
If the bubble is big enough, you can cover the ship and prevent it from hitting anything. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Yah but for a point defense weapon, controlling it personally is rather ineffective.

That said, the turret script (with a target type / situation list for targeting) I wrote for AP would do something like that.
If it doesn't have and PD to perform, the turrets might attack your primary target. It's simply one more entry in the list they work through.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

What about like a filmmaking/camera mod? Limit theory is a really beautiful game, what if you could make movies inside it (the filming part anyway, not talking about editing :D )? You could set up paths for the cameras to follow, paths for the ships/record ship motion, and the render it out. (much like source filmmaker for LT)

Cyberspace Rooms
When you dock at a station or colony, you can enter the local VR room. This is the same sort of transition that you make when going down to a planet surface, in that it is essentially creating a new stage. In the Cyberspace world, your ship is replaced by a Pareidolic Avatar which floats around like a ghost between points of interest on the station.

What all is in this virtual world inside a virtual world? As much as you would expect, you would have an actual mission board, the marketplace would be filled with actual traffic and the goods for sale would be rendered in holograms, ads for this and that would dot the space, while procedural architecture would give the space some sense of structure. This would be a way to include station interiors, without actually having to make them inside stations.

Additionally, this could possibly be used for ships too, allowing you to explore your own ship or board others... But I don't know how the game would handle pocket stages in constant movement and interaction...
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Would it be better to have a sub forum for mod ideas? Each idea gets its own thread. It may take a while to convert this existing thread into that format. It would make it better as I often think of stuff but arn't sure if its been mentioned already, and trawling through these pages isn't as easy as scanning the titles of a sub.

Also a sub for mods actually in development, to be used in the meantime for mods that are "definitely planned" by the author. This could be used for modders to post their "Dev Diarys" and links to their monthly update videos etc. 8-)

Then non modders who want to put ideas out there can use the "ideas" in the hope it gets picked up by someone and moved to the "in dev" forum.
LTP Fleet Battles on Youtube

aspman wrote:Would it be better to have a sub forum for mod ideas? Each idea gets its own thread. It may take a while to convert this existing thread into that format. It would make it better as I often think of stuff but arn't sure if its been mentioned already, and trawling through these pages isn't as easy as scanning the titles of a sub.

Also a sub for mods actually in development, to be used in the meantime for mods that are "definitely planned" by the author. This could be used for modders to post their "Dev Diarys" and links to their monthly update videos etc. 8-)

Then non modders who want to put ideas out there can use the "ideas" in the hope it gets picked up by someone and moved to the "in dev" forum.
I think once we get our hands on the code that's reasonable, but as of right now I'd say in most cases we can just post it in suggestions forum if it requires more discussion.
-Keon-

(I don't have any funny quotes to put here yet. Somebody say something funny.)

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Etsu wrote:I think I get it now. (Again: I think. :mrgreen:)

So, if I have 2000 m/s of Delta-V and I travel at 200 m/s, I still can add 1800 m/s to my velocity. I guess if I reduce my speed I don't lose Delta-V, right? So I still can accelerate 1800 m/s more, but I will not achieve 2000 m/s anymore. However, if I reduce my speed using my thrusters I will lose Delta-V too, is that correct?

I suppose it's too much for me. :cry:
delta V is not your maximum velocity.

its your maximal velocity change.

So if you are at 200m/s and have 2000m/s dV on your ship you could accelerate to 2200m/s.

Or stop to 0, accelerate back to 200 and have 1600 m/s dV left

Max velocity = current velocity +- dV
Just gotta say. You are defining delta v as used in ksp. In math delta usually just means change.
Ex.
Delta v(elocity) = V(elocity)f(inal) - V(elocity)i(nitial)
Basically the change in velocity (delta v) is equal to the final velocity minus the initial velocity.
So if you were going 2 m/s then you were going 3 m/s
your delta v is 1m/s.

Online Now