Return to “General”

Re: The November 2014 Devlog Discussion Thread

:clap: Nobb, outstanding! I especially like the rail hopping - that sounds ingenious, exciting, and should be possible, too! :D The spaceship chase thing sounds incredibly fun... particularly in more crowded systems... I wonder how Josh could deal with that...

Why the heck didn't you enter anything in the LT fan contest? :P You're really good at drawing.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Lum wrote:Nice ideas :thumbup:

I'm not sure if the rails themselves are meant to be seen all the time or instead if they appears some time before and after the ship in transit... we'll see :)
Perhaps they could be only seen at some special frequency and you could switch between normal view and rail view, or they are an augmented reality option from the interface. On the other hand it must be quite glorious to enter for the first time in a densely networked system with all the rail concentrating on a single station or planet.
Talvieno wrote::clap: Nobb, outstanding! I especially like the rail hopping - that sounds ingenious, and should be possible, too! :D The spaceship chase thing sounds incredibly exciting... particularly in more crowded systems... I wonder how Josh could deal with that...
Thanks! I think all the car chase stereotype could apply, I just though about it but you could have warp rail police! Imagine disrupting a highway warp rail at a asteroid field location, all the ships would crash and explose, that would be a glorious sight.
Talvieno wrote:Why the heck didn't you enter into the LTFC? :P You're really good at drawing.
I mostly lurk the devlogs, this update got me excited enough to check the forum :D

As to the question of new exploration / rail construction: Josh could make it so that rails don't need an endpoint, but those that have no endpoint still have a defined distance based on some type of energy input. That way you can build one end of a rail and have it sling you to/from a specific area, but at the cost of increased energy until you find a spot to build the anchor at the other side.

What should we call a railway with only one endpoint? Monorail?
Spacecredentials: looks at stars sometimes, cheated at X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, killed a titan once.

Online Now