Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Game Modes

Idunno wrote:
HKY09 wrote:
Idunno wrote:Battle of the Space Sommes
A full RTS conversion. You are a Self Replicating Mechanism of war in a infinite universe. Your job is to build a fleet and find your way to the nearest star system and ruin the other guy's day. Good luck. You are going to need it. :twisted:
Did you see my "Sins of a not-so Galactic Empire"? :D
Yes, but that is where the differences start. In yours, the faction already existed. In mine, you are the faction. It's pretty much my Survival Game Mode, except every single A.I starts with the same stuff, you don't get a head start, and every A.I is hostile to every other A.I. And you, of course. :shifty:
That actually sounds like fun.
Lurker Mode: DEACTIVATED
The most intriguing fact about imagination is that its all in your head.

Home is where the Ship is
No stations (except jumpgates) trading has to be by planet, or via carriers that have a trading module. Flotillas will be much more common.

What's a planet?
No planets, anywhere, ever. just asteroids and ice and space...

Beginner's Luck
The first kill you make will be a 1 hit kill, the first time you mine, it will be the motherlode of a highly valuable resource, applies to AI too. watch out for the new guys.

Children of the Corn
Players under a certain age get a bonus on mining, research, and farming(if it exists) for every player above that age they kill.

Dead is Dead is... oh god, Zombies!
All ships have a very small chance of reanimation after death. They join the Highly Aggressive(low in everything else) Zombie faction which all others will attack first, even if otherwise enemies. Anything killed by a zombie always becomes a zombie. Zombies heal from damage, but have a slowly decreasing maximum health that finishes them off when it reaches 0. Zombies can be killed permanently only by using a special ammo, hitting the control module. Zombies can be cured and resurrected to their former selves (personality wise) with a different kind of special ammo hitting the control module. If the human becomes a zombie, they will be shown time until death, and they must be hit by the cure ammo before time runs out or game over. (Optional: Player always becomes a zombie on death) Some visual changes while a zombie would be cool too

Fugue State
Every so often, you will find yourself suddenly transported to some distant place, your assets may be changed, your reputation may be changed, you may have a bunch of new bookmarks/data points, you may have new friends or new enemies... Time has passed, you had an adventure, and you cannot remember what the hell you just did... Maybe you should start a new life, maybe you can go back to what you used to do, maybe you can't go back...
(Frequency of episodes correlates inversely to changes), the more frequent the episodes, the less dramatic the changes. Either player controlled or random.)

Lady luck, she comes in Waves
Periodic bonuses the combat, research, mining, trading, relationships, etc. (maybe all at once, maybe different at any given time). However, other times nothing ever goes your way, and penalties on everything.

Lady Luck comes in Tsunamis
One day you are suddenly rich, powerful and respected, massive bonuses to everything you do. But not too long later, everything comes crashing down, you lose everything, everyone hates you and you face huge penalties for everything, but then if you service, come back the great times. For optional fun, it can apply to all players, who have different rhythms, and sometimes everyone is rich and happy, while sometimes everyone Is poor, miserable and hated.

Diamonds in the sky
Stars are minable, and produce vast quantities of all sorts of resources... If you can get close enough.

Sacrifices
Killing enemies gives a small, short-term bonus in mining, research, speed, and farming. Killing your allies gives you a large, long-lasting bonus in combat. Killing someone with a sacrificial bonus transfers that bonus to you. Especially good if the AI understands this. (an aggressive army may turn on each other, and leave only a sole fighter with super strength)

Do it yourself!
No missions. if you want it done...

Scrambled stars, coming right up
Every so often, the wormholes rearrange themselves. Each system keeps the same number, and they don't move within a system, but the connections to any system within a cluster now changes...

That's enough for now.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Yar Har Fiddle-dee-dee: The AI is far more likely to be a pirate. Systems are raided by pirates more frequently. Be on guard.

It's a Tiny Tiny World: There is a set amount of AI in a medium-size but limited universe. With an added population mechanic, disastrous massive wars can see a sharp dip in the AI population which may or may not recover depending on the circumstances. Be careful not to accidentally wipe out all life in the universe.

From the Ashes: You start in the middle of a catastrophic war between 2 megafactions in the universe. Try to avoid the fighting as they collide in your home system, and nearby systems, and watch as they and every other faction in the universe collapses after a super massive but spectacular battle... unfortunately, taking every colony and station along with it. Rebuild society with what's left of the Universe, Re-establish colonies and stations, watch as two (or more) new factions rise up and watch the war happen all over again.

One Way Only: Once you use a wormhole, it disappears forever, effectively making it impossible to return to the system. Be careful.

Dress Accordingly: Every time you use a wormhole, you may be thrown back or forward in time. There is a pattern associated with it, and late game research might help you conquer time itself.

Viral = An unknown extraterrestrial artifact has turned into Galactical Pandemic, all infected ships are stronger albeit slower. And ability to infect other ships including the ships that are in civic roles.

Raider Rush = Beginning set as Carrier and capable to produce small to medium ships. Defend against incoming raiders to a carrier.

Revival = The ancient derelicts have come to life. Defend the exploring vessel from incoming abandoned hostiles. Carriers ability to produce ships.

HKY09 wrote:It's a Tiny Tiny World: There is a set amount of AI in a medium-size but limited universe. With an added population mechanic, disastrous massive wars can see a sharp dip in the AI population which may or may not recover depending on the circumstances. Be careful not to accidentally wipe out all life in the universe.
Do you mean that all the LTEs die, or do the LTWs go with them? :eh:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Idunno wrote:
HKY09 wrote:It's a Tiny Tiny World: There is a set amount of AI in a medium-size but limited universe. With an added population mechanic, disastrous massive wars can see a sharp dip in the AI population which may or may not recover depending on the circumstances. Be careful not to accidentally wipe out all life in the universe.
I don't know what either of those mean.

HKY09 wrote:
Idunno wrote:
I don't know what either of those mean.
The LTEs are the A.I that can do what ever the player can. The LTWs OTOH are commodities, things you can buy at any market, and they come with whatever new ship that you add to your fleet. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Idunno wrote: The LTEs are the A.I that can do what ever the player can. The LTWs OTOH are commodities, things you can buy at any market, and they come with whatever new ship that you add to your fleet. :ghost:
You could just use the canon word... executives and workers...
LTE=Limit Theory Executive
LTW=Limit Theory Worker
:shh:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:Useless complication
I coined the term over here. :ghost:

Idunno wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:Useless complication
I coined the term over here. :ghost:
Both? There is a limited population mechanism that grows or declines based on warfare and how many stations/colonies remain in existance.

Lord Infinipantry
If playing in a world where regular consumable resources like food and fuel are required, you start off with a container full of these items. So long as you never use the last of them, the container will always replenish itself. May you grow rich in never having to buy the basics again! If of course you use the last of those materials, the container will never again replenish.

Pacifism Pays
So long as you have no blood on your hands, nor have you put out a mission to kill someone, you retain a sizable bonus to all aspects of the game. Optionally applies to AI too.

Good Guys finish last
Attacking an innocent gives you a speed boost, applies to everyone.

Head out on the Highway
Every system spawns with unclaimed warp lanes connecting every wormhole in the system. (optionally, the highways are unclaimable and indestructible)

When you wish upon a Wormhole
Wormholes occasionally spit out containers of random cargo. Note: containers may contain Serendipity. :squirrel:

Shock and Guffaw
Being violent doesn't cause people to fear you, it causes them to laugh at you and take you less seriously. They will treat you less and less like a threat the more you kill, laughing historically as you erase them from existence, but don't be too passive, that will terrify them... It's always the silent ones you should be afraid of. Applies to AI too.

Keep up with the Help
Ships on a mission for someone else get a 100% speed bonus over ships that aren't on a mission

Cry and I will Kiss You
For every point of damage received in a battle, any Neutral ships in range will give you a small boost to your reputation with them. The reverse effects happen for every point of damage you inflict. Given enough time the neutral parties will become friends or enemies and the effect stops.

I have been in Business Since the Beginning of the World
Factories, warplanes, and other commercial infrastructure is indestructible. Maintaining it all though, will be pretty damn expensive.

If I had a Nickel
Player chooses an event in the menu (receive damage, employee makes a bad sale, find new planet, etc) the universe places 5 credits into their account (only excluded event is "making money")

More than fair Overlords
No one is greedy, ever.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Online Now