Return to “Scripting & Modding”

Re: What capabilities would people like LTSL to have?

Now that a lot of the game features have been moved from the engine into LTSL (or are in the process of being moved), I'm wondering whether profiling will still be available to modders.

There was this from a while back:
Image Is this built-in profiler capability still working? If not, will some version of it be available?

It would be a Good Thing for modders to be able to profile and optimize their enhancements, given that each piece of new code needs to play nice with the many others that some players are likely to install.
Re: What capabilities would people like LTSL to have?

Flatfingers wrote:Now that a lot of the game features have been moved from the engine into LTSL (or are in the process of being moved), I'm wondering whether profiling will still be available to modders.

There was this from a while back:

Is this built-in profiler capability still working? If not, will some version of it be available?

It would be a Good Thing for modders to be able to profile and optimize their enhancements, given that each piece of new code needs to play nice with the many others that some players are likely to install.
Hey Flat,

Yes this profiling functionality still exists and can be called from LTSL (and it has improved a lot since then!)

However, the profiler currently just prints out the results to standard output. It would be better to return the results in some data structure that LTSL can access, so that we can actually use LTSL to build our own widgets to display profiling info. It shouldn't be a big addition but I should definitely do this :D
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Online Now