Return to “[Archived] Daily Dev Logs, 2012 - 2015”

Week of August 10, 2014

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Another supremely fun day - but this time, with AI :D

Today I implemented custom, scripted AI tasks, after which...you can probably guess what I did for hours :cool: AI maneuvers, firing patterns, flight patterns, retreat & re-engagement logic, and even a first shot at ducking for cover (performance-wise, that one didn't work out so well, but it's just a rough attempt!)

Again, it's absolutely amazing how quickly I can play with AI now that I've got my code editor and the game working side-by-side. Change a few lines, tell an enemy ship to reload its AI, watch for a minute, do it all over again. Absurdly-efficient compared to what I've been doing. I'm still in love :D

Frankly, though, that's just the tip of the iceberg - today's work was limited to combat AI. I look forward to prototyping many more AI behaviors in LTSL :geek:

Other than that, I had to take quite a bit of time to pack for my trip today! Can't express how excited I am to finally take a vacation. If you haven't already seen it, I posted some details about my upcoming leave of absence in the announcements section.

Well, here we go! Time to grab a few hours of sleep and then...off to the airport ;) First, though, I'm going to finally tackle those weekly updates, as well as post the placeholder dev logs.

Woohoo! See you all in two weeks! Try not to break anything while I'm gone :lol:

:wave: :wave:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Online Now