Return to “Games”

The legend of Zelda wii U

Recently Nintendo talked about the new Legend of Zelda for the wii U at E3. They also showed an in-engine trailer.
Here's a link ( :ghost: ) to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZmxvig1dXE

Personally, I think traveling through the game world more freely and not having a few paths too and from each area (with the rest usually being blocked by stone walls) will be awesome. I also really like the art style they showed ,even though a lot of people would prefer a more realistic twilight princes-like style.

so, are there any Zelda fans on here. What do you think about the trailer and the different approach the are taking? what do you think of the art style or what the story will be like (even though it's way to early to tell).
This video really got me pumped even if it's release is mid-end 2015 and I don't own a wii U. :(
Re: The legend of Zelda wii U

Katawa wrote:Yeah it was pretty exciting seeing link just sort of standing in a field, doing nothing, from a staged far away 3rd person view.
Did you watch it the entire video, because the actual trailer just started in the last minute?
I'm not sure the scene was being simulated or looped while he was speaking, but yes while he was speaking there didn't happen very much.

The end was a cutscene, which personally doesn't interest me because it sets up expectations without showing gameplay which tends to over-hype products. I'll be much more interested when they have gameplay videos. I'm a big zelda fan, I think, so I'm excited but cautious.
woops, my bad, everything & anything actually means specific and conformed

Katawa wrote:The end was a cutscene, which personally doesn't interest me because it sets up expectations without showing gameplay which tends to over-hype products. I'll be much more interested when they have gameplay videos. I'm a big zelda fan, I think, so I'm excited but cautious.
yeah, that's true. You got to look out with those pre-scripted scenes. It was in engine so I some of the small things are as they would happen in the gameplay (burning grass, farmers running from danger).
DWMagus wrote:Hey, just in time for the new episode of Sequelitis.

Yes, a long watch, but anyone who wants some insight into game development should really sit down and watch it. Really worth it, IMO.
That was awesome. :lol:
poor skyward sword.

Online Now