Return to “Suggestions”

Re: PCG Currency

I like credits (cr), I don't think too much time needs to be spent on the currency name. If its credits everyone will more than likely be fine with it, whereas if it were something like cx people would be questioning what it stood for. We need to remember all the non-forum players and people who only find out about the game at release, who won't know any lore or discussions in establishment of these constructs.

But that's just my two cents. Yes, I just said that. Ahem.

Commander McLane wrote:Oolite (whose in-game currency is named 'credits' as well) is using the symbol for the Brazilian Cruzeiro. It's a combined 'C' and 'r', and therefore fits perfectly for credits: ₢
That is really awesome. That makes total sense.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

I think this should be optional, I actually like this idea, but I also want universal. Maybe it could be turned on or off, or the currencies would not very through factions, but have a huge gap in between to galaxies or something that have little contact, and have a currency difference between very far off systems.

Basmannen wrote:
ThymineC wrote:It's pretty cool but kinda d/dx.
Derived?
Derivative. If we're proposing that Limit Theory, a science fiction space game that uses "credits" as its currency, chooses to use the same symbol for its currency as another science fiction space game that uses "credits" as its currency chooses to use to represent its currency. Otherwise pretty cool.

I personally think that some nice symbols to use would be the double dagger ‡ because it looks like ++ in the C++ the game is written in, the epsilon Ɛ because of its use in calculus limits, or just because I think they look really cool, and you never really see them, a sampi Image or Image
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Talvieno wrote:Whatever we use, it ought to be immediately obvious what it stands for... so I'm a bit against those ideas.
Have you ever listened to a radio station in a language you don't speak? If you do, pay attention to the ads. You will find that the phone numbers become obvious. even if you don't know what number the sounds correspond to, you will know that they are obviously phone numbers. This is bacause almost all ads follow the same pattern when presenting basic information like a phone number or a website. So long as the symbol is used in the same way a $ or £ is used, than it will be pretty obvious that the symbol means units of money.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

BFett wrote:I've been thinking of a good symbol for Limit Theory in game currency. Let me know what you guys think of these currency logos. Image Image
I personally really like the second one.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Online Now