Return to “Games”

Re: Minecraft Community Playthrough

DWMagus wrote:Good idea, but I think something other than Minecraft might do better. I think what makes it work with other games like Dwarf Fortress and (eventually) LT, will be the fact that the there is more than just the player. A single person may not work too well. I think it might end up becoming a "I build stuff here" pass-to-the-left and then another "I build stuff here", add in some "Why did you squander all the resources we just found?" and you'll have a nice and dandy game. :(
So asynchronous multiplayer, right?
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Hmmm, I was actually picturing everyone having their own copy of the world, and the only sharing being through screenshots and grid co-ordinates, etc.

Kind of a test run for what we'd have to do using Limit Theory.

I guess, though, maybe a multiplayer server or something could also be a third alternative?
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Just_Ice_au wrote:Hmmm, I was actually picturing everyone having their own copy of the world, and the only sharing being through screenshots and grid co-ordinates, etc.
But it is much more fun to have eveyone to play just one game, not separate.
We can create a plan, how we want to develop our fortress (if it comes to DF) and vote for different options in it or something like that. Ss we will have a stratagy planned and different persons will bring different aspects of it to the life and then share the results and move the game to another person.
I̲̩̳̺̩̫n̵̻̘͚͖̗͎ͅ ͢J̜̬̗̦o̩̘̦̪͕͉ͅs͞h̞͘ ̯̹͈͙w̯̙̥e̱͉ ̬̙̘̭̯̦͕t̹͖͔̖͘r͚̠̰͍͚̹ụ̸̭͍͕̯̹̙s̩͓̼̲̲͉̹t̰.̴͈̖͙̜̲

We will never forget the "Heavenly hundred"
Failures lead to success.

New member here, but this sounds like fun, count me in! I've got Skype if we're wanting to voice chat while we play, also.

An alternative that's more sci-fi: Space Engineers, if anyone else has it? Similar to Minecraft but we could all build our own ships, stations... the universe itself, :). It also has weapons if anyone ends up feeling violent.

Just_Ice_au wrote:Hmmm.

Honestly, I was getting the feeling not enough people were interested to make this viable.

*shrug*
I appreciate your efforts on behalf of the members Just_Ice. I will decline your generous offer on the grounds that I am truly antisocial and don't join in with any of these community spirit events. At my age I am very set in my ways. I work hard to maintain my links with this wonderful Community but I am, nonetheless, a rigid social recluse. :angel:

BTW I also have little to no interest in Minecraft. I prefer to spend my time in games like Skyrim surrounded by more realistic landscapes. :P :lol:

Online Now