Return to “Polls”

How do you think you'll spend most of your time in Limit Theory?

Tactical: Personal combat, prospecting, exploring, trading
Total votes: 52 (28%)
Operational: Managing several fleets, planets, and factions
Total votes: 9 (5%)
Strategic: Planning growth for a multi-sector civilization
Total votes: 12 (7%)
Any two of the above
Total votes: 41 (22%)
All three of the above
Total votes: 50 (27%)
None of the above; I play a meta-game of my own choosing
Total votes: 20 (11%)
Total votes: 184
Re: How Will You Play Limit Theory?

Cornflakes_91 wrote:Owning a small flotilla, managing a few stations, small industrial scale mining, small production
For what it's worth, if you substitute "manage a few stations" for "manage a few planets," that's pretty much the definition of the Operational level of play, which sits in between purely personal activities and 4X macro-level planning.

If you prefer to think of what you'll do as meta-play that doesn't span all the levels so much as bypass them, then that last option is for you.

I plan on running a small* mercenary outfit operating out of a beefed-up carrier. Single-fleet tactical management with a little bit of personal dogfighting. Maybe a station base, but I like the idea of being nomadic.
This approach was generated by the happenstance of picking up the game Star Wolves while I was in the middle of watching Battlestar Galactica and loving both.
Carriers are now, officially, where it's at.

*in LT's system-spanning empire terms, I guess.

ColdSpiral wrote:I plan on running a small* mercenary outfit operating out of a beefed-up carrier. Single-fleet tactical management with a little bit of personal dogfighting. Maybe a station base, but I like the idea of being nomadic.
This approach was generated by the happenstance of picking up the game Star Wolves while I was in the middle of watching Battlestar Galactica and loving both.
Carriers are now, officially, where it's at.

*in LT's system-spanning empire terms, I guess.
I feel like doing that...PLUS adding a pirate twist in there. So that I can be a mobile pirate force (so that I don't get too focused on a single base of operations).
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

I'm still torn between going for Hive Fleet Hardenberg, a mobile-yet-fiercely-independent fleet of ships going where no man has gone before (and shooting things along the way for fun and profit - think of it as space huns going a-viking with equipment fabbers and a small mobile shipyard), or working to establish my own little pirate kingdom in the deepest hinterlands of the universe, either in a wormhole or just somewhere truly remote, and build a colony there.

Maybe do both - raid and pillage until I have enough terraforming/colonization gear and supplies, and then go look for a suitable planet*.

* =
Pirate 1: Yes... Yes... This is a fertile land and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land and we will call it... This Land.
Pirate 2: I think we should call it your grave!
Pirate 1: Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Pirate 2: Ha ha ha, mine is an evil laugh, now die!
Pirate 1: Ahh, no God. Oh, dear god in heaven.
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

Hardenberg wrote:or working to establish my own little pirate kingdom in the deepest hinterlands of the universe, either in a wormhole or just somewhere truly remote, and build a colony there.
Mr Parnell has talked of taking a similar approach to the game Hardenberg. I always thought he was a white hat but it appears he may have darker aspects to his character.

I shall form MagusTek. Supplying your anything and everything since we decimated Walmart and other big-box stores with our technologically advanced and surplus supplies.

If we don't have it, then it doesn't exist--we will guarantee that.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:I shall form MagusTek. Supplying your anything and everything since we decimated Walmart and other big-box stores with our technologically advanced and surplus supplies.

If we don't have it, then it doesn't exist--we will guarantee that.
Ah, I think it would sound better if you decimated Walmart and other big-box stores with technologically advanced lasers ;D

DeallusCorp is a ship-building and trading company that I created in X3-AP, but it might make the jump to LT at some point :P
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Victor Tombs wrote:
Hardenberg wrote:or working to establish my own little pirate kingdom in the deepest hinterlands of the universe, either in a wormhole or just somewhere truly remote, and build a colony there.
Mr Parnell has talked of taking a similar approach to the game Hardenberg. I always thought he was a white hat but it appears he may have darker aspects to his character.
One only has to look at his treatment of any poor asteroid in the vicinity to know this. :lol:

Personally, I'm going for a small, fast ship. Equipped with the best sensors money can buy, and geared up for long missions outside a comfortable support chain. She'll be rigged for surveying and information brokerage, but with the capability of running small, high-value cargoes as well. If at all possible, she'll be rigged for stealth with a cloaking device (and in that case, the small, high-value cargoes just might not need to be mentioned to the authorities).

If I have to, I might consider something a little larger if I can cram a jump-drive and a few parasite warships aboard specced out as described above. Then I can use the carrier to ferry everything around from system to system, and use it as a mobile base to operate out of.

Of course, depending on how the game actually plays, I might have to modify the plan somewhat to include bases for researching tech, and armies to guard the bases, and a trading empire to pay for it all. Either way, it's going to be fun.
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Online Now