Return to “General”

Re: IRC

I've created a small script for the LT-Forum bot that lets you ask for log files.
The bot has been logging channel chats since February 1st.

Anyone can get any log. Nothing is restricted.

To be able to request a log you need to use an IRC client that can handle DCC transfers.
Requesting a log is done by: /msg LT-Forum sendlog <time formatted as string>

This means these commands would work:
/msg LT-Forum sendlog yesterday
/msg LT-Forum sendlog last week
/msg LT-Forum sendlog 2014-02-02
/msg LT-Forum sendlog now
/msg LT-Forum sendlog 2 days ago
The format favors american style dates over others, unless it's clear which format is used (eg 30/01/2014).
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

thedamngod wrote:That's awesome! :D :clap: :clap:

One question though, will the chat log cover one whole day or is/will it be possible to specify a certain time-frame?
The chat covers an entire day in CET.
The bot stores logs daily, so that was the easiest way to make them available. If enough people want it, I could put the logs in a database and just make a web frontend for it?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Katorone wrote:I've created a small script for the LT-Forum bot that lets you ask for log files.
The bot has been logging channel chats since February 1st.

Anyone can get any log. Nothing is restricted.

To be able to request a log you need to use an IRC client that can handle DCC transfers.
Requesting a log is done by: /msg LT-Forum sendlog <time formatted as string>

This means these commands would work:
/msg LT-Forum sendlog yesterday
/msg LT-Forum sendlog last week
/msg LT-Forum sendlog 2014-02-02
/msg LT-Forum sendlog now
/msg LT-Forum sendlog 2 days ago
The format favors american style dates over others, unless it's clear which format is used (eg 30/01/2014).
All hail K(atorone). :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJLeBM6-AaM
Last edited by Cha0zz on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Katorone wrote: The chat covers an entire day in CET.
The bot stores logs daily, so that was the easiest way to make them available. If enough people want it, I could put the logs in a database and just make a web frontend for it?
Whole days are fine in my opinion. But it is nice to see that the time zone is CET, so there is not much thinking involved for a lazy person like me. :roll: :lol:

thedamngod wrote:
Katorone wrote: The chat covers an entire day in CET.
Whole days are fine in my opinion. But it is nice to see that the time zone is CET, so there is not much thinking involved for a lazy person like me. :roll: :lol:
The server running the bot is located in Germany, so it should always use their time. :)

Online Now