Return to “Games”

Freelancer

Have any of you played it? I have played it for about 4 years now. I have been on discovery (a mod for it) for about a 2 years. I still play, because its a beautiful game that's hidden from many of the public views. (Plus its a 2003 game, Of course it wouldn't be too popular)

But anyways, I came across this game (Limit Theory) about an hour or two ago. And I hope, its as good as I see in the videos... I wish I knew of this on kickstarter, sadly I did not. Oh well, cant wait for public sale/release.
Re: Freelancer

Brian wrote:Have any of you played it? I have played it for about 4 years now. I have been on discovery (a mod for it) for about a 2 years. I still play, because its a beautiful game that's hidden from many of the public views. (Plus its a 2003 game, Of course it wouldn't be too popular)

But anyways, I came across this game (Limit Theory) about an hour or two ago. And I hope, its as good as I see in the videos... I wish I knew of this on kickstarter, sadly I did not. Oh well, cant wait for public sale/release.
I have a feeling some knowledgeable and wise people around here might know it. I think I dimly remember it myself.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

insta wrote:
Brian wrote:Have any of you played it? I have played it for about 4 years now. I have been on discovery (a mod for it) for about a 2 years. I still play, because its a beautiful game that's hidden from many of the public views. (Plus its a 2003 game, Of course it wouldn't be too popular)

I have a feeling some knowledgeable and wise people around here might know it. I think I dimly remember it myself.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
Thanks, and yea, it has a small community.

Brian wrote:Have any of you played it?
I think there may be a few here who have heard of it. I doubt if there are many on this forum still playing it. I've played it a little and I know Josh has spent a few hours playing the game. ;) You would probably have to ask him yourself what he thought of it.

Welcome to the Limit Theory forums Brian. :D

I'm not saying anything at all about documenting all the prices on all the routes for all the goods in Freelancer to analyze them in order to determine the optimal cargo route.

Nope, as far as anyone knows, that is a thing that did not happen.

Brian, let me put it to you this way; Josh has openly stated in MANY times (in posts, update videos, and the kickstarter) that Freelancer is Josh's main source of inspiration. :D
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Freelancer fans? What's that? It's so obscure that YOU JUST STUMBLED ONTO A FORUM FILLED WITH THEM! :lol:

Freelancer's the reason why we're all here and are backers of this game (X series too :oops:).

Welcome to the forums, Brian :wave: !
In Josh we trust.

Well, there you have it Brian. You have to admit you are indeed fortunate to find a community that truly understands your passion for this obscure and little known game. :lol: I am just hoping Josh doesn't spot this thread as he is likely to find himself being dragged away from his work by irresistible forces to give a lengthy appraisal of this awesome game. :D

Victor Tombs wrote:Well, there you have it Brian. You have to admit you are indeed fortunate to find a community that truly understands your passion for this obscure and little known game. :lol: I am just hoping Josh doesn't spot this thread as he is likely to find himself being dragged away from his work by irresistible forces to give a lengthy appraisal of this awesome game. :D
What, what?

Freelancer? No...no....I'm quite certain I've never heard of that....no........

*starts scratching arms furiously*

no no no...

*runs to desktop*

YES!!!! :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel:

EDIT:
Flatfingers wrote:I'm not saying anything at all about documenting all the prices on all the routes for all the goods in Freelancer to analyze them in order to determine the optimal cargo route.

Nope, as far as anyone knows, that is a thing that did not happen.
Respect, sir. Nothing but respect :shock: :clap:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

DWMagus wrote:Other than Victor, I can't tell if you guys are serious. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's there to be serious about.. :P... i play an old space game. Do you play an old space game called freelancer too? ;)

Edit:

Haha, I didn't know, :P... I don't stalk this, josh creature fellow ;) but thanks for the welcoming, and its cool to hear some one got the idea from playing freelancer :3.. ill.. mention this to some more of my clan mates when my tolerance has gone back up. (Mood...)

Edit:

And i might as well ask, Why do the faces look like yellow eggs, with faces. ? :3

Brian wrote:And i might as well ask, Why do the faces look like yellow eggs, with faces. ? :3
Well, you see, once upon a time we had a light background with circular smileys... But then we switched to dark and had this ugly white border around them. So somewhere between A and B the faces became eggs. :P

As for me, I'm still a fan of Wing Commander and Descent Freespace. Hope you enjoy your time here! :wave:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now