Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:51 pm
Using the map, my previous communiques with the ship (to determine the transmitter strength of SCAMPS's communication device(s)) and the data I have about the signal from before (namely, that it is either weak or far away), try to determine if it is even possible that the transmission is from the Nemesis, and not some alien trick
Looking closely at all the data you've accumulated, you piece it together and determine that, indeed, the signal almost certainly does come from the Nemesis, with very little margin for error. It's the appropriate strength for distance away, given what you know, and how strong the signal was in the mission on Nanyej. It even has the same frequency signatures.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:06 pm
Looking closely at all the data you've accumulated, you piece it together and determine that, indeed, the signal almost certainly does come from the Nemesis, with very little margin for error. It's the appropriate strength for distance away, given what you know, and how strong the signal was in the mission on Nanyej. It even has the same frequency signatures.
"Welp, it's from the big ship, that much is sure. Fukcin' hell... How are even gonna pilot that thing with just the, what, five or six of us?"

Somewhat excitedly:

"Dibs on the captain's room n' hat! Hell, since there ain't no captain, I volunteer to be the new one! Capt'n Buck, now that sounds right n' proper!"

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:12 pm
"I believe it would be best if we found our own way to the hangar, especially if you're going to be attracting undue attention. You may be able to count on our assistance at some point in the future, but right now, we can't afford any delays."
"If you've not the time to join us, perhaps you could radio back if there's an ambush prepared for us?
An extra pair of eyes is always welcome, even to someone with my experience!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:01 pm
Talvieno wrote:
"I believe it would be best if we found our own way to the hangar, especially if you're going to be attracting undue attention. You may be able to count on our assistance at some point in the future, but right now, we can't afford any delays."
"If you've not the time to join us, perhaps you could radio back if there's an ambush prepared for us?
Serava Dai looks like she respects Brom as a like-minded individual (both of them are leader-types, and a bit "confident" of their own abilities), but she's careful to agree. "We're on a tight schedule. If I see someone, I'll let you know. Otherwise... you're on your own."

Before she leaves, she exchanges comm data with Brom, so they'll be able to contact each other in the future.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:18 pm
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hema wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:01 pm
Talvieno wrote:
"We're on a tight schedule. If I see someone, I'll let you know. Otherwise... you're on your own."
"That is all I ask, thank you. Perhaps we will meet again someday soon.
I would appreciate the chance to show what I can do!"

Turn to the REKT squads

"In light of the new information from Bill, I believe an alteration to the plan is in order.
Given the situation, we should move with the upmost caution.
I intend to get everyone out of this alive!
If anyone even thinks they detect hostiles, they're to quietly pass the info through the group!

We will approach neither the Nemesis, nor our CASKETs without thoroughly checking for an ambush.
Given the nature of the attack, I would recommend we board the ship covertly. Eliminating hostiles outside will do little to prevent interior damage.

If Serava Dai fails to detect a potential ambush, we'll have our best pilots acting as air support. The rest of us will back them up until they're able to take off.
Depending on how events unfold until then, we may either take flight with them, or I will personally lead a ground-based assault to rid the ship of hostile forces.

Any comments or suggestions before we move forward, or may we continue onward to our victory?"

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:14 am
I frown in confusion.
"Didn't we just agree t-to not go to the h-hangar, have the autop-pilot fly our ships back an' instead g-go through the tunnel ye found t-to the Nemesis directly?"
"I'm only trying to keep our options open, Estelle.
A two-pronged assault could prove very effective, especially if they know we're coming!
But very well. Since nobody has any objections, I shall lead the boarding party through the secret passage and onto the Nemesis!
Same as before, keep on high alert! We'll need to know if we're walking into an ambush.

I should caution that since our enemy might be familiar with this station, they know of the path we plan to take.
If they have it guarded, I would continue to recommend engaging them from the air."

[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
I follow whoever—Brom, I guess—being too exhausted at this point to really weigh in on the decision-making process.
Still, I'm alert for any opportunity to nab a pressure suit.
Should we approach an airlock without my acquisition of a pressure suit, I commence the breathing exercises: deep, kind of fast breaths to pump as much oxygen as possible into my blood.

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:23 pm
"Not walking into an amb-bush seems even b-better. So...lead t-the way."
"Everyone: PDA off!"
I follow brom and the other towards the tunnel to the Nemesis or whatever it is
"Very well! Right this way, everyone! It is to victory we go!
Let's make haste! Glory waits for no-one!"

((Actions from a previous post have been moved here.))

Turn my PDA off, and start off toward the maintenance passage near the Nemesis.
As I move, ready my pistol and keep careful observation for potential ambushes.
Should I detect a potential ambush (before we're ambushed), stop where I am and quietly let those with me know.
Motion for everyone to get into cover, and slowly get into cover myself.
Listen intently to determine as best I can what's going on.

If someone else detects an ambush (before we're ambushed), motion for everyone to get into cover, and slowly get into cover myself.
Listen intently to determine as best I can what's going on.

If we encounter potential hostiles ((as in people actively looking to stop us)), and we've been detected by them, throw myself into cover and call out to them.
"We are a band of freelance mercenaries, and we seek passage through this area!
I am one of the leaders of our group, and I'm commonly known as Killshot.
For what reason are we being stopped?
We would like to get through as soon as possible, as we've a time-sensitive mission to complete."

Online Now