Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

I follow the others.

After a minute or two, I remark
"Actually... maybe we'd b-better not go to the hangar. Since the v-veteran REKT lads g-got in a fight t-there, fellas in the st-station likely know those are our ships, and t-there may be an FMU ambush.
So maybe we'd do b-better taking a cab or so, and have S-SCAMPS fly our ships b-back?"
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:52 am
I follow the others.

After a minute or two, I remark
"Actually... maybe we'd b-better not go to the hangar. Since the v-veteran REKT lads g-got in a fight t-there, fellas in the st-station likely know those are our ships, and t-there may be an FMU ambush.
So maybe we'd do b-better taking a cab or so, and have S-SCAMPS fly our ships b-back?"
"Cab? Fukc no, I ain't gettin' tried to get ripped off by them bug scammers again! Me n' Brom found some secret tunnel in n' out o' the ship - totally risk n' tin free!"

Shrug

"Or we could go by ship. I mean, my idea's better, but fine by me. Just hope that idiot in the hangar packed that nuke I told him to, in case we, uh, need it."

cuisinart8 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:52 am
Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:20 am
"Cab? Fukc no, I ain't gettin' tried to get ripped off by them bug scammers again! Me n' Brom found some secret tunnel in n' out o' the ship - totally risk n' tin free!"
I nod. "That tunnel sounds like a good choice, as long as nobody else knows about it. Otherwise, we're just as likely to be ambushed there since it leads right to the ship."
"Nope! Totally top secret! Well, some bug that was fixin' crap in there saw us, but we dealt with it."

((Doing some pre-leaving stuff - the rest of it can be handled after))
Dinosawer wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:17 am
Without much hope, I check if my comm system has any info on where the transmission comes from.
As you'd expect, no, you can't tell where the transmission came from.

cuisinart8 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:40 pm
I turn to Serava Dai hopefully. "Do you guys want to come with us? Safety in numbers, at least."
The commander hesitates, but nods. She checks her weapon and holsters it. "We're headed to the top of the hangar. Our shuttle is programmed to pick us up there, and we don't have long to delay. If we miss the rendezvous, we'll be marked MIA."

Hema wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:48 pm
Turn to our newfound allies
"We'll be leaving now, and we'd appreciate it if you would move with us for as long as you're able.
With you among our group, no one would dare attack us!"
Serava Dai does not disagree with you.

Hapchazzard wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:10 am
If I have the time before we leave, try and decrypt the message
It finally occurs to you what the message is. It has the same headers and format as an audio file. You open up a few tools on your PDA, clump a few libraries together, shift them around, and the strange, garbled text makes sense - as screamy static. It's the same sound that you hear on your helmets.

The scream, like a garbled version of a frightened woman or screaming ghoul rattles in your ears again. You wince, turn down the volume, and run that through a few algorithms.

To your surprise, when you actually start trying to run it through the decryption hardware on your PDA, it takes over and wrests away your control. As you watch, the various fragments of the audio file rapidly unscramble themselves and fall into place; a line of clarity moving through the audio from one side to the other. The message decompresses itself, lengthening by several times and changing the pitch.

Then all is silent.

The message plays.
Is there anyone out there? Anyone at all? Oh, gosh...

The voice of SCAMPS sounds frightened and uncertain - even hopeless.

If any Tartarus personnel are still out on Fuhodo, be warned: The Nemesis has come under attack. Everyone is missing - I think I might be the only one still onboard. SCAMPS is gone, too - they broke into his biochamber and it's... oh, gosh, it's severely damaged. I'm routing this through his admin channels because I don't have the clearance to send a long-range comm message myself. But please, if you can make it here, come find me. My name is Janeway - Merla Janeway - and I'm hiding in the SCAMPS Core.

And be careful! They're watching.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

The commander has been following along with the conversation between the REKT inmates, and now that she's also heard the transmission, she pauses, seeming to ponder it for a few moments. Suddenly, she barks a few orders to her soldiers in Bhezian. They snap to attention and begin to move. Turning to the Nemesis Ten, she says, "I believe it would be best if we found our own way to the hangar, especially if you're going to be attracting undue attention. You may be able to count on our assistance at some point in the future, but right now, we can't afford any delays."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:12 pm
The commander has been following along with the conversation between the REKT inmates, and now that she's also heard the transmission, she pauses, seeming to ponder it for a few moments. Suddenly, she barks a few orders to her soldiers in Bhezian. They snap to attention and begin to move. Turning to the Nemesis Ten, she says, "I believe it would be best if we found our own way to the hangar, especially if you're going to be attracting undue attention. You may be able to count on our assistance at some point in the future, but right now, we can't afford any delays."
Glad to be rid of these meddlesome aliens:

"Yeah! Lots of, whatcha called it, undue attention! Best we never see each other again!"

Very subtly and reflexively shoo the roboaliens away, then turn to the rest

"Anyone ever heard o' this Murla?"

"Em. Great...
So either t-that message is right, an' the N-nemesis is in serious trouble... or the mole g-got into SCAMPS. Either way is b-bad news...
also d-doesn't say who be attacking and who's w-watchin', and...how d-does everyone on a ship v-vanish?"
Last edited by Dinosawer on Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

What the hell?! What is going on? "The entire crew is just gone? What the hell is happening here? Maybe it's connected with that portal somehow..."
Talvieno wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:12 pm
I sigh, but can't even find it in myself to blame her. She has her own mission and team to look out for, after all. "I hope we will," I say to her. "It sounds like we'll be able to use the help."
Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:17 pm
Glad to be rid of these meddlesome aliens:

"Yeah! Lots of, whatcha called it, undue attention! Best we never see each other again!"

Very subtly and reflexively shoo the roboaliens away, then turn to the rest

"Anyone ever heard o' this Murla?"
"I don't think so, but the name sounds vaguely familiar."

Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:27 pm
Assuming that no one has any info on Merla, try to search any database I have for her name to see if she exists and any info about her
She is listed as the Nemesis's "Lead Electrobiologist" in the Nemesis Roster. The Roster is one of the documents on your PDA, alongside other things like the Nemesis Status, Interactive Fuhodo Map, Nemesis Diagram, and so on.

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:46 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:27 pm
Assuming that no one has any info on Merla, try to search any database I have for her name to see if she exists and any info about her
She is listed as the Nemesis's "Lead Electrobiologist" in the Nemesis Roster. The Roster is one of the documents on your PDA, alongside other things like the Nemesis Status, Interactive Fuhodo Map, Nemesis Diagram, and so on.
"A'ight, says here Murla's the lead elcetro-electrolo-electronic biologist on the ship. Whatever that is. Like, a doctor for robots?"

Noticing the map, get an idea, and tell the rest

"Hol' on, need to check somethin'."

Using the map, my previous communiques with the ship (to determine the transmitter strength of SCAMPS's communication device(s)) and the data I have about the signal from before (namely, that it is either weak or far away), try to determine if it is even possible that the transmission is from the Nemesis, and not some alien trick

Online Now