Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

Buck takes it upon himself to try to encourage the squids and the Cybersuits to fight each other.
Buck wrote: Pretending to be perplexed, ask:

"Wait, Dan-o-ol, I've heard that name! That's Squigg's friend we're also workin' for, that's why I was so damn confused! That bastard told us y'all (while looking at the robo-aliens) are workin' for Krinorvran's bugs, n' that they'll cave in that tunnel in or somethin' to tie up loos-"

Immediately pause, pretending that I've given away too much info
Caleb wrote: Caleb sighs tiredly. "What the fuck are you going on about? They shot Kinorvan's men."
Buck wrote:"Actually, nothin'! None o' this is our problem! Dan-e-o's right, we should all get off this fukcin' station, especially before that ugly ten armed lizard alien comes here!"
Before Buck can finish talking, Serava Dai, clearly not buying a single word of it, nods to one of her soldiers, who nonchalantly zaps Buck in the chest with some kind of weapon. Buck, immediately silenced, yelps and falls to his knees in response to the mild electric buzz.
Buck wrote:With a steadily rising and angry voice, as I rise back to my feet: "Goddamn it...I FUKCIN' HATE THAT STUPID ELECTRO CRAP! C'mon, it wasn't that obvious - you read my mind, that's cheatin'!" As I proceed to calm down and dust myself off, shake my head and mutter "Asshole.". Then check if the alien bastard broke my PDA
The PDA is not broken.

Not wanting any more friendly fire (or otherwise), Caleb immediately steps forward.
cuisinart8 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:32 am
I turn to Serava Dai, feeling more at ease with her with the revelation that Daneelo duped her team as well. "Look, you got Adopan, I figure she was your primary objective. My team just wanted to get out of here alive at this point. If we turn on each other now, that'll make getting all of us out of here that much harder. Enough of your and our people died getting this far that I don't want to risk jeopardizing that. Don't you agree?"
She's still pretty pissed that she failed her secondary objectives (whatever they may have been), but getting to watch Buck get zapped seems to have tempered her mood a little (I mean, probably a lot of the people present got a little enjoyment out of that), and it's additionally hard to deny that what Caleb says makes sense.

The commander takes a deep breath, and sighs. "I do agree," she admits. "We did accomplish our primary objective, but -" she suddenly pauses; the Cybersuits around her grow tense and ready their weapons, moving to the edges of the room - but they seem confused. "Do you hear that?"

Almina, looking puzzled, slowly shakes her head. "No, I don't hear anyth - wait -"

Gradually, a crackling sound - like radio static - begins to fill the room. It starts just at the edge of hearing and grows louder, and louder - and it seems to come from everywhere and nowhere.

Serava Dai gives orders, raising her voice above the noise. Almina Dheda looks intensely confused, but does the same; her soldiers take cover behind bits of rubble, hunkering down and readying their weapons.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Upon hearing the sound, get scared out of my wits - it sounds EXACTLY like something out of a horror movie Buck once watched
Presumably following suit in hiding, take cover as close to Brom and Yuuji as possible.
While it is still safe, do some checks on my PDA:
-Check if the PDA itself is starting to act oddly as the sound is rising
-If not, do a quick check of the local networks (if there are any down here) and see if something strange is going on on that front

Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:38 pm
Cad é an ifreann?
"Caleb! Get to cover!"
Getting myself into cover near him as well, I whip out my PDA and try to do an electric scan for whatever is causing this.
The electric scan heatmap reveals a reddish energy buildup in the center of the chamber, steadily building. You can't see a thing, but it gradually becomes more, and more, and more intense - soon becoming so powerful that it whites out the screen on your PDA. The hairs on head stand completely on end; your PDA's screen begins to distort. Yet it continues to build... and unless you're imagining it, your arms seem to be growing tired, as though they're more difficult to lift.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
I sag a little as we come to a halt, and then the shouting starts. I take my gear back—especially the medkit—and, after checking for my plat, I slink off to a corner of the room and begin repacking. I use whatever makes sense on myself, stuff anything that'll fit into the medkit, and close it as best as I can. Everything's harder one-handed, but at least I seem to be getting plenty of practice.

About this time, the fuzz begins.

I quickly move to cover away from the center of the room, bringing my semiauto pistol to ready. The plasma rifle failed me already—I'd barely trust it anyway, and with the apparent static building up in the room I think I'd rather not take the chance with the pistol either… and the assault rifle has far too much kick to wield one-handed.

((Tal: How's this… event… affecting my prosthetic (and those of my squadmates), especially compared to the rest?))

The hell is this? Some PSI weaponry?
Shouting to be heard over the noise, I say
"Electric anomaly, c-center of the room, MOVE! Caleb, I'm trying something, if that doesn't work, hold on to me!"
If that seems something that might work given my knowledge of how my electro amp is built and stuff, I try to use my electro amp to create a current tube to ground the static buildup into a nearbye large metal thing (somewhere that won't zap any of my allies, which is everyone in the room at the moment)
If that doesn't help and it still seems safe to do so(or safer than staying) I grab Caleb and rocket boost us both towards the exit that doesn't lead back to where we just came from and AWAY from the anomaly, not going to high above ground in case the boots stop working because of electric interference or something. I Try to get to a spot far enough away that I'm not/minimally affected by the thing but don't flee outright.

Either case, I look around for who or what may cause this.

(( probably a stupid idea but hey :ghost: ))
Last edited by Dinosawer on Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Speak loudly, with an excited and happy tone.
"Haha!
The thrilling adventures of Connley the Wise continue!
I should be insulted that anyone would even attempt to ambush me,
however it's been situations like these that have kept my stay here from being overly dull.
Clearly the various factions on this station heard of my arrival in advance, and wish to entertain me, and what a wonderful job they're doing!

Follow me into cover, my friends!
Together we shall eliminate this new threat, and bring glory to our partnership!
Bill, you've got close-quarters combat be prepared to fire if a good opportunity arises.
Yuuji, if it's hostile, kindly turn it into goo for me!
I'm expecting a magnificent battle! The perfect parting gift!"

Run for cover, ideally a place where I can stay hidden from view on all sides.
Once in cover, ensure that my shotgun and pistol are loaded.
After I'm finished with weapon checks, put up my shotgun and keep my pistol at the ready.
Try to both watch and listen for any potential new threats.
Breaker of fortune cookies

((People wanted some representations of the room and such))
Spoiler:      SHOW

Area of effect (lightness = intensity) (although note: effects are invisible):
((Doing a partial post for you, Nar, because you have some actions that were supposed to take place before the weirdness))
0111narwhalz wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:17 am
I sag a little as we come to a halt, and then the shouting starts. I take my gear back—especially the medkit—and, after checking for my plat, I slink off to a corner of the room and begin repacking. I use whatever makes sense on myself, stuff anything that'll fit into the medkit, and close it as best as I can. Everything's harder one-handed, but at least I seem to be getting plenty of practice.

((Tal: How's this… event… affecting my prosthetic (and those of my squadmates), especially compared to the rest?))
You check for your plat. It is not there. This does not bode well for your plat's future. Hopefully it found a nice set of parents to adopt it, as it begins its new life.

You're very easily able to deal with your own injuries, at least, even if you can never fix or fill the hole that your missing money has left in your heart. This one-handed thing is becoming a lot easier.

((Event's affecting of robotic prosthetics: they feel a bit tingly and there's a bit of weirdness, like when your control sensitivity is a tiny bit off))

"Caleb! Get to cover!" Saoirse shouts, as she dashes to cover herself and does her electric scan.

Caleb follows Saoirse and dives behind a pile of rubble, his shotgun at the ready.

Buck takes cover near Brom and Yuuji. He checks his PDA screen; he tries to do a quick check of the local networks, but the PDA screen begins to distort and change colors, as though someone was holding magnets over its surface. After a moment, the screen fizzles and goes dark.

Saoirse shouts to be heard over the noise: "Electric anomaly, c-center of the room, MOVE! Caleb, I'm trying something, if that doesn't work, hold on to me!"

Caleb's eyes widen; he takes hold of Saoirse and gets ready for a rockety good time.

"Haha!" Brom calls, "The thrilling adventures of Connley the Wise continue!" He's trying to take advantage of Talking being A Free Action. He's readied a tremendous speech that is sure to take at least 30 full seconds to execute. Needless to say, he has vastly overestimated how much time he has. No one is really paying attention, either, but that's kind of a moot point.

A dull hum begins to throb in the ears of everyone present. It grows louder and louder: an electrical buzz like an enormous buildup of power. Everyone is beginning to feel an uncomfortable prickly tingle, from head to toe. Any and all hair is standing completely on end.

Using her extensive knowledge of Tartarus PSI tech, Saoirse channels her efforts into creating an energy conduit that travels out of the chamber entirely - seeing as (as mentioned before) there aren't any large metallic objects in the room. This attempt, while a very valiant one, ultimately meets with failure; sparks of electricity begin to arc outwards from the center: trailing tendrils of electric power.

Vynkor moves away from the center of the room, bringing her semiauto pistol to the ready. The plasma rifle had already failed her once, and with the apparent static building up in the room, she thinks she'd rather not take the chance with the plaspistol either.

Caleb is still clinging to Saoirse. "Are we going?"

Shaking her head, Saoirse answers in the negative. "It's not safe."

Almina Dheda and the other hiltorel are struggling to stay standing. Almina stays up, but only barely, by holding onto her cover. Several of the other hiltorel soldiers near her crumple to the ground in disarray, as the gravity in the room seems to climb.

"Follow me into cover, my friends!" Brom calls valiantly, still out of cover. "Together we shall eliminate this new threat, and bring glory to our partnership!"

Sukava does not move. She's completely out of it. "I'm naked. Why am I naked." Then, ignoring the chaos around her, she calls out, "Is there a vac suit around here? Or should I strip back down for everyone to enjoy?"

Chaos erupts. A powerful CRACK echoes loudly in the air. A spinning orb of energy, screaming with crackling electricty, lashes tendrils outwards and snaps them against the walls, lighting up the room with bizarre, otherworldly caustics. Sukava and Brom get whipped in the back as they try to get to cover. While Brom only stumbles, Sukava crumples to the ground, her robotic limbs temporarily disabled. Yuuji shouts as he gets zapped hard in the chest; he trips and falls backwards onto the floor, his chest smoking slightly, but his suit holding steady.

"SEZEGUM EPALESH!" Serava Dai shouts in alarm. "REVELL OVAILUS!" At that moment, a blast of compressed air explodes from the vortex; her soldiers brace themselves against it and stand their ground.

"Epalesh?? Almina calls, bewildered; she barely ducks in time to avoid an electric arc that sears the wall nearby. "A breach? What do you mean, 'breach'?!?"

But Serava Dai wouldn't have had time to answer even if she wanted to.

The vortex expands. The fabric of reality in the center of the room splits, as though peeling away - as though a separate fully-realized version of reality has formed within our own. The gravity in the chamber abruptly snaps back to normal, the intense static hum drops back to a low crackle, and the electric tendrils disappear.

The inmates take a closer look at the hole in reality, but see nothing particularly ominous: it's a white, sterile, smooth-tiled room, filled with unidentifiable scientific apparatus. Several lab workers hover around the edges, blurred, distorted, and transparent - as though they aren't entirely there - but in the very center stands an agape brunette human who seems positively shocked that she even exists.

"What the f-fecking hell?"
I whip out my PDA, fervently hoping it still works, and if it does, throw every type of scan and imaging it has available at this...thing, recording the results for posterity.
If it doesn't work, frantically try to reboot it (and do the scans and stuff if it works)
I also try to remember if I know of anything that could cause anything like this.
If I figure out something interesting, I convey it to the rest, in probably needlessly complicated terms.
Last edited by Dinosawer on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now