Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:18 am

"I'm not sure we should bomb the massacre over there, they seem to be quite content killing each other and outnumber us severely! Anyway my launcher still needs a while to get ready again, that salvo was pushing it hard."
"We just cleared out this room, but there's going to be more on the way, and we can't hold out forever. I'd rather get our guns back and get out of here before we're overwhelmed!"

Turn 22
Map:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Room:
Spoiler:      SHOW
  Alpha, Beta, and Gamma watch in dismay as the cyberarmored soldiers easily storm through the far side of the room, decimating the hordes of fysar that come spilling out of the side passages - and after the FMU attack them, they begin mowing down the FMU as well.
  The REKT crew hunkers down. This shit is clearly well above their pay grade.
  
  Caleb doesn't recognize the newcomers, but he's seen enough battle to know when to bug out. "Okay, listen up! We need to get out of here," he barks, raising his voice above the chaos. "Estelle, stasis the two hallways!"
  "Leave it to me," Saoirse calls, and gets to work. Within a few moments, she successfully bubbles the first hallway, but holds off on the northern one for after the door breaks.
  The ex-soldier turns. "Connelly, when we make a break for it, you'll zap one of the armored guys, and Estelle will stasis two more. That should disable most of them."
  Brom reloads his pistol, looking a bit cross. "I'll play along with your little plan, but keep yourself and your people out of my way whenever possible. Something tells me that things are going to escalate quite a bit within the next few minutes, and you don't want to be in my line of fire when they do."
  "That's the plan." Caleb points at Yuuji. "You, with the grenade launcher! Let us know when it's ready to fire again. When it is, blanket the room in plasma!"
  "I'm not sure we should bomb the massacre over there," Yuuji reasons. "They seem to be quite content with killing each other, and outnumber us severely!
  "Right," Caleb acknowledges, "but we've only barely cleared out this room and there's already more on the way. We can't hold out forever! I'd rather get our guns back and get out of here before we're overwhelmed."
  Then Buck chimes in, shouting, "Who knows how many alien scumbags are comin' in through there, might be a whole army of these damn bugs!" Scanning the room, he spots a maintenance shaft in among the pipes and machinery on the left wall. "Look there! There's an exit, n' there ain't no aliens crawlin' out o' that one!"
  Caleb follows Buck's pointing finger, but his hopes are dashed after he sees the jungle gym they'd have to climb through to get to it - and without cover the whole way, too. He shakes his head. "Look at that thing, we'd have to climb all the way up it - we'd get shot to pieces! We'd have a better chance if we just blitzed the bastards." Then, over the comms, to Frank, he says, "Sam! Hang in there! We're going to try to break through to you!"
  "Good luck with that," Frank radios back, not sounding confident. "I'll try to set something up on my side! I also have a bit of your stuff with me already."
  For the first time in the mission, radio silence has been broken. If there was ever a sure sign that everything had gone to hell, this would be it.
  
  The far side of the room is a blur of screaming aliens. Plasma, bullets, and lasers fly, charring the walls. The remaining supersoldiers leap from the balcony, half-crouching as they charge across the room, taking up positions as their golden-yellow plasma flashes over stacks of crates, finding their marks more often than not. More aliens leap from the catwalks above, shouting wild war cries, and soon find themselves locked in melee combat with the soldiers, who seem hellbent on carving through their ranks, leaving a bloody path in their wake. The melee doesn't last long.
  
  A fysar hiding behind a pillar on the near side of the machinery stack fires a shot at Vynkor, nearly hitting her and drawing the ire of the rest of the inmates. Caleb and Vynkor fire back, both missing, and Sukava throws a knife, but she's not quick enough; the alien anticipates it and sidesteps it with ease. With a wild scream, Sukava charges out of cover at the bug, ignoring the weapons fire from Brom, Vynk, and Caleb as she rushes in and stabs the damn thing to death, relishing in the slimy green glory of the aftermath. Saoirse rushes forward after her and slams herself into cover behind the pillar, where the dead fysar stood only moments before.
  At that moment, Vynkor gets shot in the side, a laser tracing a sizzling wound across her upper ribcage. She shouts, and the REKT crew leaps to defend her, redirecting their fire towards the fysar behind the far pillar. Caleb and Brom miss, but only barely, and following a powerful jolt of lightning from Saoirse that sends the monster tumbling out of cover, Brom nails it in the leg. It collapses, shrieking, and Caleb focuses fire on it with his little laser pistol until it stops moving.
  Behind them, Buck is working hard on a hack. He's managed to hack his way into the local network, and from there he's trying to trace the nearest gravity generator. He just needs a little more time, but in a moment he's gonna turn the place into a zero-g funhouse... if he can just find the correct accessways...
  
~~~

  Frank swallows nervously as he retreats from the doorway, going back into the shadows on the stairwell. He's hoping against hope that everybody is too busy shooting each other in the central chamber to have noticed him.
  As he starts down the stairs, he's hit with an idea - to attach a cable reel bolt across the wall as a tripwire, hoping to trip up anyone that comes down. It would give him the opportunity to snipe them before they have a chance to recover. Putting his idea into motion immediately, he takes out a cable reel and attaches both ends of it to the wall at roughly shin height. He plucks it with his finger to make sure it's taut, and then retreats down the hallway, PDA in hand. He's unable to move too quickly without coughing, so he tries to take it slow.
  Crouched in the darkness, holding his PDA, Frank probes the nearby network, hoping that with a little exploratory prodding he can find some weaknesses he might be able to exploit in the near future - specifically related to doors. It would be extremely handy to have some backdoors set up here and there...
  
~~~
  
  "It's clear! GO, GO, GO!" Caleb shouts, and as one, the REKT crew starts forward. Caleb hefts Kaquyu over his shoulder and leaps over the crates. Brom moves forwards as well, and Saoirse gets into position.
  Seconds later, the door to the north crumbles, bent to the side as an explosion rocks its frame. Saoirse hastens to put a stasis bubble in its place, blocking the doorway, and the first fysar in line gets trapped coming through.
  Buck, startled by the sudden sound, loses track of what he's doing. His hacking progress fizzles out with an onscreen alert that informs him his probing has been caught and isolated. "Damn it, no use!" he roars, spitting, "Fukc it, let's just kill everyone n' leave the hard way!" Slapping his PDA into its holster, he pulls out his baton and readies it, chasing after Caleb and taking cover under the catwalks above. Sneaking to the corner, he pokes his head around, and for the first time, gets a really good look at the heavies. "Damn," he gulps, "Robo-aliens?? Well, I ain't comin' nowhere near that secret alien passageway 'till those things are good'n dead!"
  Caleb leans out around Buck to get a good look at the situation, followed closely by Adopan, who has even less idea than the REKT inmates do of what's happening.
  
  Across the room, plasma flies; the three soldiers, under orders from their commander, split and take on different hallways, pushing back the hordes one step at a time. One at the far side of the room has some kind of flamethrower built into his hand; another one staggers through the floodlight's beam. He's under heavy fire, but pushes forward, one smoking corpse at a time, and attaches some kind of object to the hallway wall; it casts wild electrical arcs across the hallway, blocking the path. This done, the soldier retreats back a few paces.
  The commander herself leaps over a stack of crates and throws herself into cover near the pillar-pipe to the south of the machinery. Then, glancing out, she quickly looks the REKT inmates over; her eyes almost immediately affix themselves to Kaquyu Adopan. She glances at the various REKT members: Caleb, hunkered behind cover - Saoirse, lightning arcing between her palms - Yuuji, plasma bomb launcher at the ready - Vynkor, wincing with pain - the Spiderbot, limping and unable to climb down off its perch, as it sprays a fusillade of plasma at the enemies in the northern hallway - and praise Odin that she doesn't see Sukava. Having swiftly surveyed them, the commander seems to shift gears. A voice sounds, loud enough to be unnatural: "IF YOU'RE WITH US, GET THE PRISONER AND MOVE!" Saying this, she turns and fires a few rounds to her left, and a fysar comes tumbling off the catwalk, landing next to a stack of crates.
  Enemies continue to pour into the room from all sides. On Yuuji's left, three - four - perhaps five or more are trying to break their way through Saoirse's stasis bubble, and even more can be heard approaching the catwalk's entrance to the room. To the south, there's sounds of gunfire coming from out of view - angry screams and wild cries of pain echo through the building. Even more frighteningly, from somewhere above there's the sound of a mighty explosion, far larger than a plasbomb, accompanied by the creaking scream of hundreds of tons of rending metal.
  The floor and walls shake violently.
  "MOVE!" the commander roars again, as she begins helping the spiderbot take down the enemies in the northern corridor.
  
~~~
  
  Frank hunkers down; he hears footsteps and angry voices. Listening, he tries to discern where the sound is coming from, and is horrified to find that it seems to be coming from all sides at once. Looking behind him, he can see shadows moving across the walls in the room where the rest of the weapons are, and there seem to be enemies coming down the passages on the right and left as well.
  An explosion echoes through the walls; a tumultuous crash and the screech of metal sounds from far above. Someone is shouting loudly in the room to the north. He pays little attention; he doesn't even know what's being said.
  Shadows - shadows on the walls to the south - to the north.
  The enemies are coming.
  Frank glances at the crossbow in his hands. One shot won't be enough to stem this tide, he knows; he pulls out his sword and readies it, clutching it tightly in his shaking hands. He's not ready to die - not here, not now. His friends, Saoirse and Caleb - they're on the way. Caleb said so.
  
  He only hopes that they're in time.
Last edited by Talvieno on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: saoirse more visibly casts a bubble
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Run? That's not something i'm needing to be told twice now!

"You guys heard the heavily armed lady! Leg it!"

Grab Lucas (the Spiderbot) and perch em on my back, hoping e can hold on there and literally cover my back
Leg it towards the south ((i assume Spehs Mahreen lady indicates that way))
Fire a bomb salvo at the group around #56, aiming to avoid the Astartes
In anticipation of enemies in the corridor ahead/south wrench my launcher over there, firing another salvo if enemies are spotted
Try to get in the best cover possible how far i'm making it (behind the crates in the middle, near the corridor entrance, hunkering down and hoping not to get hit...?)
If the northern entrances are unblocked by that time (and targets pouring out) fire a salvo towards the densest clump in the northern room (that i have a line of sight to)
Last edited by Cornflakes_91 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hema wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:01 pm
To the noisy Space Marine commander:
"Thank you for the help, I promise that as long as I'm alive your efforts will not have been wasted!
We'll get the prisoner out of harm's way immediately, just point us in a relatively safe direction and we'll handle the rest!"
The Noisy Space Marine Commander points to the southern door, and takes a few shots at one of the fysar on the catwalk.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

My mind races. The armored figures just dispatched the entirety of the south room with almost casual ease. Frankly, in our current state, they absolutely terrify me. So when the apparent leader calls out to us and starts shooting everyone but us, it throws me for a loop. I dare to hope...could this be a way out for us? The big question, however, remains- who the hell are these people?!

I quickly turn to Adopan. "Do you know who they are, what they want?"

Upon seeing Brom of all people talking with the robo-alien and realizing that they aren't hostile, turn to Caleb exasperatedly
cuisinart8 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:48 pm
My mind races. The armored figures just dispatched the entirety of the south room with almost casual ease. Frankly, in our current state, they absolutely terrify me. So when the apparent leader calls out to us and starts shooting everyone but us, it throws me for a loop. I dare to hope...could this be a way out for us? The big question, however, remains- who the hell are these people?!

"Well if it looks like a giant robo alien monstrosity n' quacks like a giant robo alien monstrosity, I'd say it's a giant robo alien monstrosity!"

Narrow my eyes:

"Seems like the kind o' company your squad would keep! Robo-aliens, really? Hold on, I wanna check somethin' though -"

Look at the big nearby robo-alien, and shout at it:

"HEY YOU! What's one divided by zero!?"

cuisinart8 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:48 pm

Kaquyu, high as a kite, leans on Caleb's shoulder and sighs happily. "What I want? I want to take you back to my somid and terino balkoda matse kgefa sifanga." She's as good as useless, as might be expected. If only there was some way to snap her out of it.

Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:07 pm
Look at the big nearby robo-alien, and shout at it:

"HEY YOU! What's one divided by zero!?"
The commander stops, stares straight at Buck with her head cocked slightly to one side, and then finally spits out, "What the fukc is that supposed to mean? Are you insane??" She seems like she might say more, but she's cut off short as bullets start to ricochet off her chest, flashing with sparks. It appears to do little damage. She turns her attention away from Buck and keeps firing.

((By the way - Buck would've heard Kaquyu talking to Caleb, seeing as they're standing right next to each other.))

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:22 pm
Kaquyu, high as a kite, leans on Caleb's shoulder and sighs happily. "What I want? I want to take you back to my somid and terino balkoda matse kgefa sifanga." She's as good as useless, as might be expected. If only there was some way to snap her out of it.
I decide to ignore what Adopan was very obviously saying. It was worth a shot, I guess. I look back at the marine commander, weighing my options. I have no idea what she wants with Adopan...or who or even what she is. On the other hand, she and her men are massacring everyone else in the room, and I doubt we stand much of a chance fighting them. I worry about what they want with Adopan and the station, but I suddenly realize that if we don't cooperate we're as good as dead. I glance apologetically at Adopan and more resolutely at the other inmates...at my squad. I make my decision and pray that it's the right one for us all.

"You heard the woman! Let's get the fukc out of here, move!"

I pick up Adopan and sprint towards the south door, trying to make it there before the armored troops are overwhelmed like we were about to be. As I run, I shield her with my body, trying to prevent her being shot by the remaining enemies. If I run into an enemy that isn't under attack by a marine, I shove Adopan into the nearest cover and fire at them with my laspistol. I let Brom go first, making sure that if I have to slow down for him I don't do so in front of the electrified hallway. If I make it through the door and don't encounter any enemies there, I take cover at the corner facing south, making sure to avoid the tripwire. If I see enemies in that hallway, I take cover using the crates in the hall and fire at them with my remaining shots.

As I begin to run, I comm Frank again. "We're coming Sam, hold on!"
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

cuisinart8 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:41 pm
As I begin to run, I comm Frank again. "We're coming Frank, hold on!"
Frank's frantically looking this way and that way, there's literally people coming from all sides! And very likely they'd go and kill him!
Provided the people from the upper floor went to the fight, that'd still leave him with at least two groups of unknown size to worry about!

Hearing Caleb is a relief, but they'd probably need some time to reach him! Though now that radio silence is absolutely dead...it doesn't hurt to switch the comms over to the full beta squad...

"Uhh, I'm about to get...company from at least two sides? Help?!"
Just as he gets ready to move, Frank remembers something important...
"Tripwire on top of the stairs! I'll go to the store room where we left our stuff!"
Last edited by F4wk35 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Talvieno wrote: The commander stops, stares straight at Buck with her head cocked slightly to one side, and then finally spits out, "What the fukc is that supposed to mean? Are you insane??" She seems like she might say more, but she's cut off short as bullets start to ricochet off her chest, flashing with sparks. It appears to do little damage. She turns her attention away from Buck and keeps firing.
Look at the robo-alien with some confusion, and say

"Huh."

Mutter under my breath:

"They make these things smarter than I thought..."

"To me, my friends!
Form up and I shall provide the impeccable charm and superb combat abilities to ensure your safety!
Our goal is to bring the prisoner to a safe location. See to it that that no harm comes to her, and do your best to clear our path.
The time has come to put your skills to the test. Let's move out!"

Get out my assault rifle and dash toward the south door at full speed, staying in cover when possible.
If I detect any enemies posing an immediate threat to the platoon, ensure that there are no allies that might be hit, and fire a volley into that group of foes (firing up to three times).
Should the threat come from Feb's men, fire near them, rather than at them.

Once I've passed soldier #34, switch to my shotgun and continue to charge forward.
If any hostiles get in my way, fire off one shot for each of them, firing no more than twice (or once if I fired three times with my assault rifle.)
Go to my right ((left on the map)), and jump over Frank's tripwire, then continue onward.

If I encounter groups containing 70-73, (and they aren't currently under fire by my allies, and the armored soldiers aren't following us) speak to them loud enough for them to hear, but not so loud that my voice will carry to the space marines.
"Hold your fire! My name is Connley Mckale, and my team and I were sent here by Men'ko Mokila. We're allied with Feb Keshor, and we've been tasked by him with apprehending, and ensuring the safety of a prisoner. You have friends in the large room to the north that need your immediate assistance.
Try to stay in cover though, it's a mess out there."

If at any time the armored soldiers turn on us, get into cover and use my berserk.
Breaker of fortune cookies

F4wk35 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:11 am
"Uhh, I'm about to get...company from at least two sides? Help?!"
"Tripwire on top of the stairs! I'll go to the store room where we left our stuff!"
A sudden chill overtakes me, thinking back to Bob.
fuck fuck fuck not again...
"Hold on, I'm coming!"
With a burst from my rocket boots, I propel myself across the room into the corridor leading to where Frank is, using the wall (or an enemy if there is a convenient one, I have an armored leg after all) to stop myself if needed.
If the people in the hallway are hostile to me, I use the grav amp to throw them into eachother or one of them into the large room/out of the way until I can get to Frank.
I run further to Frank, making sure to jump over the tripwire, take over Spoon from Frank when he gives it to me, and use it to cover us from fire, and retreat into the storage room. If we would be surrounded, I use Spoon to whirly attack first.
If the enemies in the storage room are hostile, I run forward and try to knock them over with an area whirly, then use either zaps (if they're both knocked down) or smashes to knock them out (not exceeding my maximum attacks).
Then I get back into cover, or if the coast is clear, I shove caleb's remaining gear into my backpack first and then get into cover. If any hostile comes into view and I have attacks left, I zap them.
Last edited by Dinosawer on Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:22 pm
((I just realized that I can see this))

Upon seeing this utterly disturbing sight, visibly be startled and drop my baton in shock, thankfully preventing me from just caving the squid's ugly head in. Make a very audible gasp of horror

"FUKCIN' KNOCK THAT OFF, YOU SICK ALIEN BASTARD!"

After checking myself and realizing that no apparent spell was casted, briefly contemplate killing the thing and realize that this might not be the best idea considering every asshole on this godforsaken station wants this specific squid for some reason
Upon seeing that Caleb is not immediately recoiling from this thing, say with disguist:

"You damn Beta folks are fukced in the head! Keep your pet away from me!"

Pick up my baton and start walking/running away towards the south with the rest of the squad, keeping myself as far away as I safely can be from the squid
Keep in cover and do not engage an enemy unless I or a nearby ally are attacked, and then retaliate in melee

Online Now