Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

Others might use this moment of chaos to turn the tables...Frank though...

No time for thinking
No time for fighting

He just throws a short, panicked glance at saoirse hunkered down beside him...

Run to the southern exit
OMG, just sprint as fast as you can back to where we left our equipment!
If 8 takes aim at Frank
-Frank hurls a tranquilizer at him in panic, probably stumbling a bit due to the movement, and very much not screaming
-Continue fleeing back the way we entered
If Brom or Buck enters/announces himself
-run faster, with even less paniced screaming than before
When Equipment is reached
-grab sword and slash at one hostile in range
-then hurriedly get into cover
Last edited by F4wk35 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

*Turn to Buck.*
"Yuuji has caused quite the stir, poor rookie.
This would all have been avoided had spent more time under my expert tutelage!
For then he surely would have handled this situation with more subtlety and grace.
We shall concern ourselves not his behavior, for there are more important measures at hand!

Bill, I want you to see if you can find a ventilation system, or some fans you can hack.
Make certain that nothing will be vented outside the facility, but rather ensure that the air will circulated throughout this room.
Should you have the option, send it through the rest of the facility as well, but don't let it leak out! I have a plan!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

As I listen to the carnage, start eagerly preparing to use my gravgun, while listening to Brom with disinterest:
Hema wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:46 pm
*Turn to Buck.*
"Yuuji has caused quite the stir, poor rookie.
This would all have been avoided had spent more time under my expert tutelage!
For then he surely would have handled this situation with more subtlety and grace.
"Uh-huh..."
Hema wrote:
We shall concern ourselves not his behavior, for there are more important measures at hand!
"A-yup!"

Gravgun prepared, start heading to take a shot, but be interrupted:
Hema wrote:
Bill, I want you to see if you can find a ventilation system, or some fans you can hack.
Make certain that nothing will be vented outside the facility, but rather ensure that the air will circulated throughout this room.
Should you have the option, send it through the rest of the facility as well, but don't let it leak out! I have a plan!"
"Wha- the hell's you talkin' 'bout? What vent-ee-lation? Now's ain't the time to think 'bout coolin' the room up, we've got them's aliens to blow up!"

Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:00 pm
"Wha- the hell's you talkin' 'bout? What vent-ee-lation? Now's ain't the time to think 'bout coolin' the room up, we've got them's aliens to blow up!"
*To Buck. Quietly, so no one else can hear.*
"This building is filled with black flake, Bill!
It's a powerful alien narcotic. Saw a bit of it back in Ermhelm.
The stuff spreads freely once airborne, and we're going to dose everyone with it!
Once they're all high we'll talk our way out of this, and leave.
We're going to get everyone out safely. You can count on it!"

Hema wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:08 pm
*To Buck. Quietly, so no one else can hear.*
"This building is filled with black flake, Bill!
It's a powerful alien narcotic. Saw a bit of it back in Ermhelm.
The stuff spreads freely once airborne, and we're going to dose everyone with it!
Frustratedly whisper, cutting him off: "I know what flake is, damn it!"
Peer over to see the situation, presumably noticing the crates
Remember that the guard upstairs mentioned the black flake, too

Hema wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:08 pm
Once they're all high we'll talk our way out of this, and leave.
We're going to get everyone out safely. You can count on it!"
"I dun' get it, though, why not just kill 'em all? Look!"

Aim the gravgun beyond the wall (not exposing myself to enemy fire, just minimally lean behind the wall enough to get a vantage)
Realize that it's going to be impossible to hit the aliens without hitting Beta
Hesitate for a few seconds, then turn around back to Brom, cursing:

"God damn it!"

Quickly take out my PDA and start looking for any hackable ventilation systems, muttering:

"This has gotta be the stupidest plan ever. What are we even goin' to tell 'em once the stuff sets in? It's strong, but it ain't gonna knock them out or nothin'!"

I peer out from my cover at the utter carnage that the room has become. I decide not to look too closely at the enormous puddle of gore on the other side of the room and concentrate on our opponents...wait a minute. Is that Brom?

I'm torn between dismay and joy at seeing Brom, since for one thing he's Brom, but he's also in an excellent position to blast the hell out of the guys near Adopan and Beta. Maybe we might make it out of here alive, and even with Adopan- but first we have to take care of Keshor and his goons so we can get her moving.

Seeing VR Boy attempting to kill Kinorvan- which would certainly end badly for us- I take aim at him and fire with my pistol until he's either dead or I've fired four times.

If Sukava makes it to me:
Triggerhappy wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:46 pm
Grin at Caleb.

"Hello!"
I start but give her a halfhearted grin back- I tend to find intense combat doesn't give me much to smile about, especially when I'm armed with just a fukcing pistol! Still, it's good to have another ally in the fight...even if she looks like hell. What happened to her?
"Marina? Where the hell did you come from...and where are your pants?"

If Kinorvan and his goons start trying to kill us, I open fire on Guy 8, as long as I haven't fired four times already.

*Quietly radio Yuuji*
"I'm not sure what happened between you and Feb's men, but I've got a plan.
Be prepared to put on a show, and play dead.
If we can negotiate our way out of this, I'm going to have you fake your death."

Ensure that my helmet is properly fastened, and ready my assault rifle.
Quickly peak out of cover, and spray a volley at Kinorvan.
If I'm able to eliminate him before I empty my magazine, direct the remaining shots at crates 1 and 2.
After firing roll back into cover, reload.
If Kinorvan is still alive, peek around the corner and fire another volley at him.

((The following is to be used if I was able to kill Kinorvan.))
Spoiler:      SHOW
If at this point I have killed Kinorvan, call out to the rest of the combatants as I reload.

“Hear me! I am Connley Mckale! Professional Marksman, and Veteran Mercenary!
Kinorvan has died by my hand! This battle is over! If you who followed him value your lives, you will either surrender your weapons, or vacate the premises!
My team has heavy weapons in tow, and we will use them if necessary!"

If I've finished reloading, take out my electrorifle, take note of the controls, and set it so the the shots will appear powerful, but will not incapacitate a human.
As I work with the settings, call out again.

"Mr. Keshor! From your order to attack me and my men, I must assume that my rookie has done something stupid.
As his superior, it is my responsibility to keep him in check. For this reason, I request that I be allowed to deal with him personally!
I will see to it that his punishment is appropriate for his actions. After that, we'll be on our way. We can take care of ourselves, and don't wish to cause you anymore trouble."

If I'm allowed to deal with Yuuji, quietly radio him.
"Here I come! I hope you're prepared for our grand performance!"

If Feb shows no desire to negotiate, use my berserk and set my electrorifle to maximum output.
Whisper to Bill: "Ready your gravgun. It's time for plan B."

If Kinorvan is still alive, peek around the corner and fire another volley at him.
Last edited by Hema on Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cursing internally (in Irish, naturally) I quickly assess the situation while Frank runs away screaming.
Counting Kinorvan and his fellas we're in a majority, but that's likely to change very soon... and why is there a lad shooting people with what is suspiciously like a REKT plasma bomb launcher? Someone from the veteran squads? But how'd he get here?
Doesn't matter now, first matter is legging it as fast as possible...

I shout "Nilo, time to fall back!" and use my grav amp to throw one of the open crates Feb or his goons are using as cover across the room, in such a way that the black stuff makes a cloud cover between them and us.
If that doesn't work, I also distract them by using the grav amp to throw the sofa at them.
Then I run at what we hope is Adopan, grab her, whisper in wherever I assume her ear may be "We're here to rescue you, please don't resist" and use my rocket boots to propel us asap to the best cover near the southern exit. Making sure Adopan is in cover, I also throw a few lightning bolts at enemies from there (not exceeding my limit of four attacks).
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Attempt to hack the local ventilation system
if successful, set all of the fans to max power and direct all of the airflow into the room, attempting to scatter all of the now-floating black flake around
Once Brom informs me of his plan to try and hoodwink Feb and starts going to negotiate, quickly comm Yuuji:

"Hide, play dumb, n' dun' shoot unless they shoot you first!"

Noting Feb's remarks about reinforcements, keep an eye on our back
PDA still in hand, try and lock down any doors behind us
Stay behind Brom while he's going out to talk to Feb
if Feb continues being openly hostile and bellicose (as in, his men are still an active threat)
-Pull back into cover

Hema wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:04 pm
*Quietly radio Yuuji*
"I'm not sure what happened between you and Feb's men, but I've got a plan.
Be prepared to put on a show, and play dead.
If we can negotiate our way out of this, I'm going to have you fake your death."
"Negotiate? We are on all sides of a friggin Mexaran standoff that blew up!
We should just blast them into submission and be done with it!"

Fire my plasma bombs at the boxes next to enemy #7, attempting to throw/topple them on top of em
if crates end up on top of #7
-run up to #8 and stab em with my sword ((drive me closer! i want to hit them with my sword!))
if not
-get into cover behind the table, use sword on any targets of opportunity
quietly curse at Xenos in a language nobody is sure if it was ever really spoken or just from some C movie

Turn 19
Map:

((Previously in REKT: Beyond The Edge...))
  Brom, Buck, Feb, and Farelo jog to the end of a corridor and enter an elevator. Feb quickly punches the button for one of the lowest floors. "Kinorvan has been a problem for months," he explains. "He used to be my best man. We smuggled kwiisa, paid off kakiroris, and grew the Minas Maniri from bandits in the Hole to what it is today. I always gave him a good cut - a choice part of the spoils - but it stopped being enough for him. Kinorvan started wanting half the command - but I knew what was coming. Those loyal to me told me of his plans - he planned to overthrow me. He had so many loyal to him by that point that I couldn't kick him out without the gang shooting itself to pieces. So I demoted him - but only half the gang accepted it. The rest decided he deserved to be the only leader of the Minas Maniri. He rules through persuasion and false promises - promises of wealth and glory. He knows how to become popular, but he lacks experience and has little ability to lead."
  "And now?" Brom asks, as the elevator comes to a stop. The doors open; the group exits, Feb Keshor leading the way.
  "And now he's building an army," Feb Keshor mutters, hoisting his weapon. "He's making friends across the station, tricking fools into believing his lies. He's been trying to win over the FMU. I have contacts there, though - they've never fallen for it. Well... until today, it seems. Now they're dealing with him, instead of with me."
  Buck finally understands why it felt like the place was brewing for a civil war, back when he was getting his beer and chips. It's because it is.

[...]

  Caleb places the crate on the coffee table and takes a seat, making a hand signal to his Frank and Saoirse. They bow their heads slightly, acting subservient, and begin unpacking the spiderbot. "I'm Cole," he begins coolly. "The Lavloxeri division of the FMU sent us with this combat robot to trade for one of your prisoners, Kaquyu Adopan. They seem very interested in her."

[...]

  "Shh! Quiet!" Vynkor motions for Sukava to zip it.
  Footsteps sound in the far corridor - along with a swishing, slapping sound, like something being dragged.
  "What is it?" Sukava whispers.
  "Well, if you'd shut up..."

[...]

  A fysarian guard shuffles into the room, half-dragging a hiltorel woman behind him. Kinorvan nods in approval. "Here is the prisoner. Kifin - put the prisoner next to the table."
  The guard, Kifin, nods, and throws the girl roughly to the floor, giving her a kick for good measure. She lets out a weak, quiet yelp at the blow, but makes no attempt to defend herself.
  "Kaquyu Adopan," Kinorvan announces, waving his pistol with a mocking flourish as he scoffs, "Adjutant to 'Queen' Edibetso's third prime." Then, to Kifin, he adds quietly, "You're dismissed." Kifin nods and exits.
  Fireteam Beta looks the girl over with a questioning eye. She's stark naked, covered in grime, and she reeks of shit and piss. She's clearly been tortured at some point: her skin is spattered with her own blood, dried and dark blue. Old wounds on her sides still ooze, although most are smeared with some kind of orange, foul-smelling goo - probably discount stopgap medigel. She appears malnourished and weak; her thin arms shake and she winces with pain as she tries to prop herself up on one arm, looking over her surroundings.
  "Ah ah ah," Kinorvan says, sounding particularly smug. He points a pistol at the girl's head. "Don't move."
  The girl doesn't look like she has the slightest intention of trying anything. In fact, she looks terrified.

[...]

  Feb nods distractedly as they take a corner to their left. "Kinorvan's the only one I want. He's kap'shik. If I can make that obvious to his followers, we don't need to fukc them up. They're good boys, mostly, just misguided. They know how to get things done."
  "If his men will swear loyalty to you after Kinorvan is dead, we can instead focus fire on him!" Brom offers. "He'll be dead before he can open his mouth!"
  "No." The tone is firm. "You hang back until I need you. Now, shh... we're coming up on them now."
  The group hears talking in the distance - both in fysarian chatter and human speech. The words are indistinct, but as the little group creeps through the long, narrow hallway, they get close enough to make out a familiar voice - one with a horrible Irish accent.
  Buck and Brom glance at each other, their expressions sinking into a mixture of bewilderment and despair as they share the same thought: "Oh no... It's Beta."

[...]

  Vynk and Suki sneak ahead through the shadows, getting close enough to watch - and at this point, they can clearly make out the faces of Beta, sitting there on the couch.

[...]

  Caleb looks back at the girl. "She's already beaten half to death. Can she even speak?" Louder, "Adopan? Kaquyu Adopan?"
  The girl slowly turns her head in the soldier's direction with a sullen expression on her face, but says nothing.

[...]

  Febivo Keshor storms into the room through the northern doorway, holding a huge, bulky pistol. He seems quite angry. "THE FUKC IS THIS SHIT?" he roars. Another group of fysar and squid enter through the door on the west side of the room, weapons ready. The situation suddenly becomes a lot more tense. Feb and Kinorvan point their weapons at each other. "The FUKC do you think you're doing, Kinorvan?" he roars. "You think you're handling FMU business too now, is that it?"
  Kinorvan seems angry and defiant. "It's going along perfectly well, too, Keshor." He glances pointedly at Caleb and nods towards the spiderbot, as if saying, "Set it up already." To Keshor, he says, "You're interrupting an important trade deal."
  The two gangsters step back from each other, circling cautiously. Around the room, guns bristle, pointing every which way.
  "Trade deal? The fukc I am," Keshor spits out. He looks like he wants to rip somebody in half. "FMU isn't supposed to trade her, they were supposed to pick her up! No gifts, no bullshit - And who the fukc is this?" He levels his pistol straight at Caleb's face, finger on the trigger. "Kinorvan, where the fukc's Beckstein? And why the fukc do these mercs still have weapons on them?" Clearly, he's not fooled: he knows that Beta is still partially armed.
  "I..." Ses speaks up, visibly trembling. "I... I let them through, at... at Kinorvan's orders."
  "Oh. Oh, that's good," Keshor says with an exaggerated nod. His voice drips with sarcasm. "I'm glad we have reliable people here that know how to fukcing follow protocol." In one swift motion he turns his pistol towards the bhezian and fires with a thundering flash of yellow light. Ses crumples to the floor in a lifeless heap, his brains spattered over the crates behind him. "Can't even find good fukcing guards these days."

[...]

  Kinorvan adjusts his grip on his pistol. "You didn't have to kill him. Ses was a good kid."
  "He was high off his ass on black flake while he was supposed to be on guard duty! He brought these guys in -" here Keshor growls, gesturing at the REKT crew "- without even checking them for weapons!"
  The younger fysar shakes his head. Despite his best efforts, it's obvious he's nervous. "What does it matter if the kid was a little high? I say let them have their fun. As long as they get the job done, who cares?"
  "EXCEPT THE JOB ISN'T FUKCING DONE!" Keshor roars. "Open your fukcing eyes and actually look at them, you kap'shik kalaki! You see that pack on her back, all the wires going into her head? What the fukc do you think that is, if not a PSI weapon? Are you actually telling me these pen'dekos look like FMU to you??"
  Caleb takes the opportunity to speak up, addressing Keshor. "Okay, just who are you, and what the fukc is going on? We ARE from the FMU. They sent us to get Adopan after Beckstein got killed the other day, and we're supposed to be meeting the leader of the Minas Maniri!"
  Keshor's dark, beady eyes widen, his mouth contorting in a perfect expression of flabbergasted incredulity, apparently at Caleb's audacity. "'Killed the other day'? I fukcing talked to Beckstein this morning, kansha. If you came from FMU, you should know that the leader of the Minas Maniri is Febivo Keshor Mikiikah!"

[...]

  "More than half of the Minas Maniri follow me, Keshor," Kinorvan states quietly, with cool confidence. "Your methods are old and crude. You're obsolete now. You just don't have the guts to face it. Everything you do is an act - you'd rather be offworld on a fancy ship than here with us."
  Febivo declines to respond, and instead turns to the squid that entered with him, jerking his head in the inmates' direction. "Farelo, scan them."

[...]

  "Yes sir." The hiltorel quickly and carefully traces a path around the outside of the little standoff. When he gets close to the inmates, he pulls out a device and holds it out in front of him, watching the readout carefully.
  Beta's squad members wonder if they ought to protest... but then, they don't have anything to hide.
  But that's where they're wrong. After a moment, the device begins beeping. In the span of an eyeblink, Farelo darts forwards with incredible agility. Frank jerks back in surprise, but Farelo is far quicker: he's already retrieved a small electrical device out of a pouch on Frank's upper leg. He holds it up to the light, examining it for a moment, and then tosses it to Keshor, who catches it effortlessly and examines it with a practiced eye. "They're bugged, Feb - every one of them."
  Bugged? But how? Who could have planted bugs on them? The four inmates glance at each other, confused - and suddenly the realization hits them: The only time it could've happened was as they were being patted down as they entered Daneelo's place.
  Feb's face twists with rage. "HONAL! MIKAAN!" With these two words, half the weapons in the room (in both camps) are suddenly pointed at the REKT squad sitting on the sofa - who leap to their feet, weapons free: Nilo with his lash, Caleb with his pistol, and Frank with his ... darts. Saoirse waves her hands around but doesn't look like she's actually armed.
  But Febivo isn't done. "You thought we wouldn't grep the bugs on you, eh? You're not FMU! Who the FUKC are you working for??"

  Caleb looks Feb Keshor in the eyes and utters what is probably the biggest fib of his entire life. "We did think you'd find them, actually - we were counting on it! Kinorvan himself hired us just for this job, knowing you'd be foolish enough to try and take back Minas Maniri by force. We weren't here to spy on you - we were here to distract you! What you don't realize is that Kinorvan has held all the cards this entire time!"
  Keshor takes his eyes off Kinorvan for a moment, looking confused - but then the confusion leaves his face, and he's back to his usual stony glare. He's certainly not buying it. In fact, he's just about to speak, but Kinorvan beats him to the punch.
  "And I was right," Kinorvan says calmly. "You go on and on about 'order this' and 'discipline that', but when it comes down to it, you're a fossil, Keshor - a relic of the past. You're so stuck in your ways you can't see what's sitting right in front of your face."
  "That's a load of crap," Keshor mutters. "Absolute hy'sa - nobody would believe that shit."
  But then, as Kinorvan goes on, Caleb can tell that the rest of the aliens in the room are starting to wonder again - wonder if maybe Kinorvan is holding all the cards. "Times have changed, Keshor - it's not about being the best fighter anymore, or leading an army. It's about alliances and morale, friends in high places." Kinorvan grins; his sharp teeth glisten in the dim light. "And you, Febivo Keshor, have all the charisma of a garbage scow."
  Keshor growls, grinding his teeth. "It's hy'sa, every word of it, and you know it! You're just trying to save face!"
  "Then how did these people get past the guard that you murdered? I didn't expect you to actually kill Ses, though - no, no no no - you've outdone my expectations with that. Febivo Keshor: The leader that kills his own soldiers because he's having a bad day. People aren't leaving you because I'm stealing them. They're leaving you because you're just that kap'shik at earning their loyalty."
  And loyalties around the room are certainly beginning to waver. Once again, the room is a regular stand-off - with more than half supporting Kinorvan. Keshor's not stupid. He realizes that he's losing ground, and he tries desperately to regain it before it's lost. "Really, Kinorvan? You think I believe that these spies and thieves are your people? Are you conducting trades with yourself now, and planting bugs on them? I fukcing know you can't see that far ahead!" Then, to his troops, "Shoot the intruders. We'll sort out the eshana with Kinorvan afterwards."
  "If you kill them," Kinorvan interrupts, loud with warning, "My men will take you down before you can blink."
  "And if they move," Keshor growls back, "we'll kill them."

  Ah, good old Mexican standoffs. It's nice that they're back in style.
((Alternatively, quick rundown:))
SCAMPS sent the REKT crew onto the station to find jobs and work they could do that would net them Big Cash so they could repair the ship and get back to human space. Alpha, Beta, and Gamma all took different routes. Alpha stumbled around and eventually found their way to Mokila, who gave them some jobs and then sent them to the Minas Maniri to lay low. Beta found Big Daneelo by accident, who gave them a mission to rescue Kaquyu Adopan - a high-ranking member of the Hsilkorian Rebirth Movement - from the Minas Maniri. And finally, Gamma got captured by the Minas Maniri and tortured very badly. No, no - we don't mean the torture was horrific - we mean the torturer was full of himself and absolutely shit. In the process of it all, everyone discovered the Minas Maniri was on the verge of a civil war - and ended up being the unwitting instigators for this same civil war. The Minas Maniri discovered the bugs that Big Daneelo had planted on Beta, and Alpha blew their cover by attacking Feb Keshor's men, so it's currently a free-for-all and nobody is safe. Their only hope is to escape the complex before untold waves of enemies storm the place and capture them - and worse still, if either Feb Keshor or Kinorvan dies, the entire insurrection will be swiftly crushed, and the Minas Maniri will turn their attention to the intruders...

It's never a good day in REKT land.

((CURRENT DIPLOMACY:
It's virtually a free for all. Tuck your tail between your legs and run, rabbit, run.
))

  Screaming like a little girl, Frank leaps to his feet and flees the area in a mad panic, running back the way he came as plasma shots fly over his shoulder. Saoirse and Caleb watch this display of apparent cowardice in dismay, but they can't go after him: he's on his own now.
  
  The fighting is beginning to de-escalate a bit - mostly because everyone is falling dead, left and right. Their corpses are beginning to litter the floor like enormous, mutated horseflies, and for those unlucky few that have forgotten their helmets, the stench of death is surprisingly strong.
  Febivo Keshor gets to his feet and tries to shoot over Kinorvan's crate, but both Nilo and Saoirse block him by grav-tossing crates in his path; a cloud of black flake pours like thick smoke from one of the containers as the lid spins away, muddying the air.
  But Kinorvan, already struggling to breathe, isn't out of the woods. The VR-using fysar takes aim again and fires what would be the final shot, but at that exact moment, Vynkor throws her full strength against a stack of crates beside him, toppling them over. The round cracks against the side of one of them as it hits the floor with an ear-shattering crash. Startled and bewildered, Kinorvan turns around to get a better look at his savior, and seems to be stunned to see Vynkor standing there - whom he clearly recognizes.
  VR-guy is hardly deterred by all this, but hardly gets off more than another round before he's the focus of four separate enemies: Caleb and two of Kinorvan's allies, along with Kinorvan himself. His body wracked with plasma, bullets and lasers, he shudders violently, his body erupting with gore as he crumples back against the VR's dashboard. Its lights flicker briefly, but remain lit. Out of immediate danger, Kinorvan looks back at Vynkor, who gives a knowing, meaningful nod as she sinks back out of sight. Kinorvan clearly understands its purpose. "DON'T FIRE AT THE TARTARUS PRISONERS! THEY'RE WITH US!" he shouts, again feigning knowledge on something he knows nothing about - but that is his modus operandi.
  His words are ultimately pointless, because Sukava already crept forward on her own and already has the blood of Kinorvan's soldiers on her hands. Grinning madly, she grabs the nearest fysar and throttles him, stabbing him nine times in the back and neck. He gasps and struggles as the onslaught continues, before finally going limp in her arms. She slices his corpse down one side for good measure just as another one of Kinorvan's men tries to apprehend her with a gunsword. She attempts to parry - the sword removes a few of the armor plates on her right upper arm, but Sukava, psychotic with bloodlust, hardly notices, and this new assailant gets exactly the same treatment as his late friend.

  Across the room, Nilo barely escapes getting nailed in the face by a heavy rifle round. Getting down, he manages to fling a crate at his assailant, who cowers back behind cover. At the same time, a plasma grenade from Feb sails over his head, landing right next to Saoirse behind the toppled couch.
  Caleb's keen military eye catches the grenade and his drilled instincts kick in. "SAOIRSE! GRENADE!" he roars, ducking into cover. The Irish lass spins around, spies the grenade, and hurls herself over the flaming sofa just in the nick of time.
  
  Elsewhere, Frank dashes, madly screaming, back through the complex. As soon as he enters the large central area, he's horrified to see that reinforcements - for either Feb Keshor or Kinorvan - are already storming down the walkways up above. There's at least four already there, and from what he hears from the side hallways, many more on the way.
  His shouts quickly draw some very unwanted attention. The hiltorel in the fireteam shouts an order, and within seconds gunfire begins raining down. Frank kicks his velocity up to eleven, running with all he's got - which, to be fair, is impressively fast - but it's not enough. A few plasma rounds tear through the left forearm of his suit, just barely, agonizingly searing the skin. Frank screams again, but keeps up the pace. A huge, blinking canister crashes in front of him; he rolls away and dodges around it, getting away just in time to avoid a fiery explosion.
  More enemies approach from the shadows. Lasers blink over his body, scorching the outside of his armor - a heavy pistol round grazes his right upper leg, leaving a terrible gash. Somehow, even to his own disbelief, he powers through the pain, sprinting towards the far doorway. An indomitable will drives him; he won't give up until he's gone.
  But as Frank runs through the glowing oval of the spotlight, he sees a spray of glittering, sparkling blood jet outwards from his chest.
  Stumbling, gasping in pain... Frank finally goes down.
  
  "Bill!" Brom orders. "Find a ventilation system to hack!"
  Stammering, Buck spits out, "Wut? Ven-tee-lay-shun? Now's ain't the time to think 'bout coolin' the room up!"
  "This room is filled with black flake," Brom explains, readying his assault rifle. "It's a powerful alien narcotic that spreads freely through the air! Once they're all high, we'll talk our way out of this and leave!"
  "I know what flake is, dammit, but why not kill 'em all though and get it done with?" Buck peers out of the room, trying to find a good path for his gravity gun that won't also end up picking up and killing Beta - but it's ultimately, and obviously, impossible. "Gods damn it!" he mutters, whipping out his PDA. "This has gotta be the stupidest plan ever. I'm gonna lock the doors, too, while I'm at it."
  Brom leans around the corner, letting out an impressively long barrage of assault rifle fire, trying keep Kinorvan pinned down and snipe off his head if he peeks out of cover.
  
  Yuuji primes his plasma bomb launcher, staying in the shadows as it whirs up another batch of flaming death. Thanks to his loud and explosive entrance less than a minute ago, he's the focus of some rather heavy fire - from both Kinorvan's men and those of Keshor. Fortunately, his hallway is narrow, and he has no difficulty staying out of the way. Peeking out, he spies an enemy standing behind a stack of crates to his right; he ducks back for a moment, barely avoiding getting peppered with holes, and then takes aim to fire - but his quarry is already on the move, and running farther away. He curses under his breath in some language he saw on TV - "QIp ghew!" - and arcs his bombs up and over the table, hot on the trail of the fleeing enemy. Although they create an impressive amount of destruction and set the room to vibrating, only the last one hits its mark - and only just. The fysarian stumbles, bleeding, and takes cover.
  At that moment, another fysar charges Yuuji from the front, howling with anger. A wicked saber flashes in his hands, glittering under the red wall lights - but his wrathful rampage is cut short when one of Keshor's men shoots him in the back. He stumbles, taking a weak and frankly pathetic swing at the man in black before stumbling into the hallway behind him. Yuuji chooses to ignore this fool completely and takes cover behind the table, as more bullets stream in his direction.
  
  Chirping, the little spiderbot skitters around a stack of crates to finish off the job that Saoirse started, peppering Farelo with a dizzying barrage of tiny plasma rounds. Farelo howls, trying to retaliate, but shooting the inside of the bubble accomplishes nothing but giving him a few extra burns. He pounds against the invisible globe that surrounds him as his flesh gradually melts away under the spider's merciless attacks.
  Nilo leaps across the tops of the boxes, trying to cover Saoirse by attacking Feb Keshor directly. Dashing straight through the dense cloud of black flake, he whips his lash once, twice, at Keshor - but Keshor seems prepared for it and dodges effortlessly. At best, the whip manages a sensual caress hardly worthy of any real dominatrix.
  Saoirse, out of sight, grabs the weakened hiltorellian prisoner by the arm in a loud whisper. "Kaquyu! We're here to rescue you! Please don't resist!"
  The terrified girl, her face streaked with her own blood, nods rapidly and slithers out from under the table.
  
  Buck works his magic on the vent system. The station's outdated security systems are but putty in his hands. They include some more recent patches, but overall, compared to his level of expertise, they're laughable at best. In moments he's turned the fans up to full blast and set the air to circle itself through the room. Anyone not wearing a helmet is going to be high in moments.
  But Kinorvan already is. He sits slumped behind his crates, having already stabbed himself with half a dozen narcotic and medical syringes; he's hyperfocused, and has almost lost all self-control. Every now and then he raises his gun to fire back at Brom's incessant fusillade, but it's an ultimately losing battle: Tartarus knows how to design damned good assault rifles. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Saoirse trying to rescue Kaquyu and goes into a rage. "KILL THEM!" he screams. "KILL THEM ALL! THE HUMANS TOO!"
  Brom shouts, pulling his arm back; Kinorvan managed to land a plasma shot directly on his right lower arm. It smarts a bit, but didn't get through the armor.
  "Doors are locked!" Buck says, pleased with himself. "Everything on our side of the room at least!"
  "We're going to get everyone out safely," Brom acknowledges it with confidence. "You can count on it." He reloads, takes aim again, and lets loose with another fusillade.
  
  Against all odds, Frank grits his teeth and struggles blindly to his feet, choking and spitting blood. He stumbles through the far door, turns down the hallway, and proceeds into the darkness. Frank's living on borrowed time.
  
  Seeing some sudden motion out of the corner of his eye, Caleb spins around. Bullets thwack loudly against his crate; he ducks, and in the dim light he makes out what's probably the macabre sight he's ever seen: a half-naked Sukava crouching next to him, looking positively insane and as though she's just bathed in fysarian blood. "Hello there." She grins manically.
  "Marina?? Where the hell did you come from?" he blurts out, moments before both duck again from a stream of hot plasma.
  Sukava licks her lips and shows her teeth with a creepy smile. "Killing."
  "And where are your pants?!"
  Marina doesn't answer. Actually, she's starting to feel a little funny... What was that stuff called? Black flake, right?
  
  Hefting the squidgirl over her shoulder, Saoirse activates her rocket boots and blasts over the fiery couch at full power - drawing the ire of Feb Keshor. "SHOOT THEM!" he roars. "VIBIIF VIKNAE!" He fires two rounds at Saoirse with his augmented heavy pistol - the first one misses as Saoirse does a reckless acrobatic twirl through the air, and Nilo's attack with the plasma lash causes him to miss with the second. Wrathful at having missed, Keshor shouts more orders, and almost immediately Nilo finds himself grappling with a zealous fysar holding a combat knife. At that moment, the fresh inmate catches a shot in the back, right through one of his lungs. He doubles over, coughing blood. Feb gives him a solid kick, knocking them both off the crates and onto the floor, where Nilo fights desperately to gain the upper hand.
  
  Vynkor takes aim and fires at the enemy stumbling into the far hallway, where Yuuji previously was. It's a direct hit, right in the back, but the fysar doesn't go down just yet. Stumbling, he slumps up against the wall and drunkenly turns, trying to find a target.
  
  Frank staggers into the entrance area, clutching his chest. Blood drips generously from between his fingers. It's getting hard to breathe. He trips, stumbling onto the table, and grabs his sword, and then his crossbow. He turns around, waving it at the high-as-balls fysar snorting black flake across the room, but the little guy doesn't even seem to notice.
  But he did it. He has his weapons. Against all odds, this madman actually did it.
  This madman slumps against a crate, choking. He knows he needs medical attention, and quickly. If only there was a medic about...
  
  Nilo is on his back, struggling to keep the dagger from drawing closer to his throat as he coughs and splutters in a growing pool of his own blood. But it inches closer - and closer -
  - And a chirping, chittering noise sounds out from behind them, followed by a sharp scream from the knife-wielding fysar as a mass of plasma bolts worthy of any bullet hell rip a myriad of tiny chunks out of his back. Nilo sits up and punches the little monster to get him away, clamoring painfully to his feet -- and right at that moment, Feb Keshor shoots him at point blank, blasting a hole into his abdomen.
  Moments later, Keshor himself screams in agonized fury as a laser from one of Kinorvan's goons carves a glowing trail across his face - and one of his eyes. He ducks back behind cover and screams fervently into his radio.
  
  Caleb, the tactician, sees that Feb is wounded and, knowing that Kinorvan is no longer a potential ally, takes aim at the fysar that just shot Keshor and starts firing his laser.
  Across the way, Saoirse performs a rocket-assisted slide into cover with Kaquyu.
  "So what's the plan?" Kaquyu asks, trying to untangle her tentacles. Saoirse doesn't answer, but pulls her back into cover as Caleb's target tries to fire at them. Working together - Caleb with his laser pistol, and Saoirse using her electric amp, they gradually bring down the tenacious alien - Saoirse ripping power straight from the nearby podlight and Caleb taking out the fysar's eyes with his weapon. In several moments the foe is reduced to a smoking body on the floor - if not dead, then certainly not capable of retaliation.
  
  "THEY'RE HERE, KESHOR!" Kinorvan suddenly shrieks with a maniacal laugh. "THEY'RE HERE!"
  To Caleb's right, a group of Kinorvan's men - already bloodstained from battle - begins streaming out of a dark, narrow corridor.
  Caleb thoughtfully reflects on how much he really hates this pasta-be-damned station.
  
  
  
((
Currently at least a little high:
- Caleb (just a bit)
- Marina Sukava (more high than most)
- Vynkor (not that much)
- Nilo (getting there)
- ?? I think everyone else is wearing helmets and wasn't wounded before the fight began, but not 100% sure
))
Last edited by Talvieno on Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Think? No don't think about the pain, that's a shitty idea.

Smack Caleb on the shoulder with my good hand and point at the south exit.
"Lets go, little man!"

Sprint to the south exist, dodging fire and waving to our Hiltorel friend from earlier. Tell her "Hi" if she sees me.
Try to stay hidden as I go down the hallway, then throw the grenade at the group of 3 up above and get into cover behind the boxes.

"Now, the plan was to trade you for the bot and walk out them none the wiser, but that's clearly not gonna work. So now I say we leg it while they're still busy shooting eachother. Can you walk? Run?"
"Caleb, Nilo, time to move!
Spiderbot, cover our backs and follow us!"
I put a stasis bubble up in the corridor east of Caleb to block it off temporarily, and head down the south corridor (carrying our squid friend if she can't walk) keeping my body between enemies and her, trying to keep quiet from the people up there, and get into cover.
When Caleb comes along, I hand her over to him if I'm carrying her, saying "Thanks, I can use my hands free...".
If the enemies in the more southern room notice us and attack us or enemies follow us, I start firing lightning at them (not exceeding 4 attacks total)
Last edited by Dinosawer on Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now